Proposal: TML & DUCKS

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Why are you bumping your awful Manson + Ritchie proposal to talk about the Montour trade though?

His proposal actually gave you more value than you got for Montour. Take away Zaitsev and it’s more than fair especially considering Johnsson may be the best player in the deal at the moment.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
His proposal actually gave you more value than you got for Montour. Take away Zaitsev and it’s more than fair especially considering Johnsson may be the best player in the deal at the moment.

Regardless of valuation, this would completely strip ANA of our last NHL caliber RHD.

Reactions: 405Exit

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Manson should be more valuable than Montour, and his original proposal also included Ritchie

Why exactly are we forgiving the addition of Zaitsev? His inclusion was a big part of the reason the idea was terrible for Anaheim.

Any way like I said, dragging this up after the Montour trade doesn't somehow vindicate this OP that made zero sense for Anaheim.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The original post is basically a pile of crap plus a 1st for our second best Dman and a 23 year old power forward who is good defensively and on pace for just under 50 points per 82 games.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Manson should be more valuable than Montour, and his original proposal also included Ritchie

Why exactly are we forgiving the addition of Zaitsev? His inclusion was a big part of the reason the idea was terrible for Anaheim.

Any way like I said, dragging this up after the Montour trade doesn't somehow vindicate this OP that made zero sense for Anaheim.

I don’t rate Ritchie very highly, limited sample size but looked like a goof in the games against the Leafs at least. No toolbox type of player

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don’t rate Ritchie very highly, limited sample size but looked like a goof in the games against the Leafs at least. No toolbox type of player

Not limited sample size, irrelevant. He's a physical young winger producing at a 50 point pace (surrounded by offensive futility) and signed to a very cheap deal. That's not some no value throw in just because he didn't play well the games you watched.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Well it looks like the Ducks are done and the really need to start a rebuild. Have a done a good number of trades in the past and I think they would make great partners again.

TML
Johnsson
Brown
Zaitsev
2020 1st

Ducks
Manson
Ritchie

TML get the RHD they are looking for and some toughness on the LW.

Ducks get a young feisty winger who does have arbitration rights but would be a great add to your top 6. On pace for 40-50 points as a rookie. Brown adds a little more scoring and can slot in your middle 6. Play PK, good motor. Zaitsev would be your 4 behind Montour. Playing with Lindholm would like be a huge plus for Zaitsev. Adding another 1st to the 2020 draft would help the rebuild.

Why do Leafs fans never learn?

Holy crap what a brutal offer. Exactly what I expected too.

Not even remotely enticing for Anaheim, pretty awful actually.

Awful for the Ducks.

Leafs get exactly what they need - Check
Leafs give up only expendable pieces - Check

A+ Leaf proposal.

Still a no-brainer for Toronto and not remotely enticing for Anaheim.

You can spew whatever you want about the Ducks situation, you're not going to pry a highly coveted, cost controlled RHD like Manson without it hurting a lot more than what you seem to realize.

Just as bad as expected. Mods lock er up.

This offer has infinately better value than you just got for Montour .....

Johnson
(24 years old) = on pace for 50+ points while playing 12 minutes a night.
Brown (24 years old) = got 20 goals in his rookie season.
Zaitsev (26 years old) = playing better than Montour this year (rough but true).
1st (2020)

The package wasn't crazy .... your expectations were.

I wouldn't trade Johnsson for Manson straight up .... and I won't be surprised if he got 80+ points in the Leafs top 6 next year .... that's exactly where he projects with 17 minutes of ice-time (without any PP time & while he plays with 4th liners instead of Matthews, Tavares, Marner & Nylander)

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Johnson
Zaitsev (26 years old) = playing better than Montour this year (rough but true).
1st (2020)

Ritchie was also in that proposal, him and Johnson are similar age and putting up similar numbers, wash.

Why you think Zaitsev, Brown and a 2020 1st makes the Ducks budge on Josh Manson is beyond me. Horrible offer. Guhle + 2019 1st is more enticing than Brown + 2020 1st, and we don't get saddled with Zaitsev's bad contract.

I will once again point out that Montour was traded - not Manson + Ritchie. Huge difference there, today's deal in no way vindicates this unrelated crap offer at all.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Ritchie was also in that proposal, him and Johnson are similar age and putting up similar numbers, wash.

Why you think Zaitsev, Brown and a 2020 1st makes the Ducks budge on Josh Manson is beyond me. Horrible offer. Guhle + 2019 1st is more enticing than Brown + 2020 1st, and we don't get saddled with Zaitsev's bad contract.

I will once again point out that Montour was traded - not Manson + Ritchie. Huge difference there, today's deal in no way vindicates this unrelated crap offer at all.

Johnsson's points per 60 is FAR higher than everyone on Anaheim ... and he plays 12 minutes a night with 4th liners.

When he plays in the top six he'll be an 80 point winger (which will happen as soon as he signs an extension).

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Johnsson's points per 60 is FAR higher than everyone on Anaheim ... and he plays 12 minutes a night with 4th liners.

When he plays in the top six he'll be an 80 point winger (which will happen as soon as he signs an extension).
I'm just going to bookmark this one.

Remember when zaitsev was a top four dman after one season? Yeah, me too. Never change leaf fans.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada

Remember when zaitsev was a top four dman after one season? Yeah, me too. Never change leaf fans.

Remember when 23 year old Johnsson's points per 60 was better than everyone on Anaheim by a significant margin ... but he was just a spare part? Yeah, me too.

Never change Ducks fans.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I like drinking in the day time, excessively

Good thing this is just fun

to make sense of these trade proposals requires considerable chemistry

Trades aren't happening- no GM is an idiot, everyone has analytics, every GM has every player in the NHL ranked on a spreadsheet and is not going to be a sucker, rather than win - now trades I would rather smart GM's went off to the Caribbean, did something smarter than a dumb trade, and sat in the sun

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Why are we pretending that points will increase linearly with increased ice time? I assume that no one actually believes that.... right?

I mean, if that was the case McDavid would just play 60 minutes and the Oilers would be a playoff team

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
No /60 needed, he'd be 2nd on your team in scoring and 1st in goals.

Which is one reason Dubas is not going to do it!

Leafs must stop giving away the the future to lose today and lose tomorrow- they need to change roles

Salary cap x Analytics = hard bit

Trade deadline day is now some real but largely made up day with bags of pucks being traded for bags of tape, the GM's make decisions on professional scouting player rankings, not fan opinion polls.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich

Johnson
1st (2020)

I wouldn't trade Johnsson for Manson straight up .... and I won't be surprised if he got 80+ points in the Leafs top 6 next year .... that's exactly where he projects with 17 minutes of ice-time (without any PP time & while he plays with 4th liners instead of Matthews, Tavares, Marner & Nylander)
a) no one cares if that's a better package than what we got for Montour. The people you are talking to wouldn't have traded Montour for what he got us. You can hit up GMHCBM if you want to talk to someone who values Montour like that.
b) Considering that the Ducks just traded one of their top 4 D, what makes you think that they jump at the next bag of pennies that gets offered for their second best D? If anything Manson's value to the Ducks just skyrocketed. So bringing this up now is pretty much irrelevant.
c) Manson already was worth a lot more than Montour before the trade happened. This package having "infinately" better value than what Montour fetched is the bare minimum of what one would expect even if what we got for Montour was acceptable to a sizeable part of HF Ducks.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortfuze

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

We aren't all the same. You may also want to look at Zaitsev's rookie season. He played like a top 4 D.

Don't ever change people who stereotype Leaf fans and make uninformed statements!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Zaitsev would be a top 4 dman on the ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad