Proposal: TML & DUCKS

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
When you are trading a way a cap dump similar to Zaitsev, HELL YEAH you're going to get hosed.

CANT WAIT to see it happen, and how Leafs fan are goign to cry about it. It's going to be biblical!
Chill out.

Hey he’s the one saying like being a top 3 forward on the ducks is something special. Like an accomplishment not me.

8 goals and top 3 forward? I wouldn’t even use that phrase, “top 3 forward” in a discussion.
I mean I wouldn't call him that either but I don't think it's fair to gauge Ritchie's production within the context of how bad Carlyle f***ed this team. Anaheim's entire team has seen a massive production dip in a year where goal scoring is at the highest it's been in years.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
You're not in a position to be some arbiter here either. Your proposal is terrible for Anaheim.

Nothing about this would entice them to part with a player like Manson.

If I had proposed our first, Grundstrom and Dzuri to LA fans for Muzzin I would have been laughed at too.

A first, and two roster players and a swap of similar players.

If Ducks would rather Nylander and some nobodies I would be happy to oblige. It would give us more cap room!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If I had proposed our first, Grundstrom and Dzuri to LA fans for Muzzin I would have been laughed at too.

If Ducks would rather Nylander and some nobodies I would be happy to oblige. It would give us more cap room!

Wed rather just hold on to Ritchie and manson.

Problem solved

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
One has size and is younger then the others. The others are diminitive forwards who've been playing in the AHL for their whole career before this year

Care to guess who's that one player? Little hint, he's going in TO in that trade...

Guys like Connor Brown are a dime a dozen in the NHL. Same for Johnsson who's been strugglign w/ injuries for his whole career. Adding to hit that HUMONGUOUS Cap dump in Zaitsev and a abysmal 1st round pick is just pure gold...

As I said and will continue to do so, Leafs WONT be able to get rid of Zaitsev w/out giving something they do not want to trade in the deal. One of Liljegren or Sandin will be necessary in order for the Leafs to egt rid f that putrid contract
I'm not commenting on Zaitsev at all.

You called Ritchie a middle six player and AJ/Brown bottom 6 players even though the previous 2 years Brown has out produced him and AJ is out producing him this year. Brown also had the same ES production this year while playing way more defensive zone starts than Ritchie.

Ritchie is also only a year or two younger, him having size doesnt automatically make him a middle 6 player if he has consistently produced less than the guys you labeled as bottom 6 players....

Also you may want to do a little more research before you say a ton of BS that is easily checked. Brown has scored more goals in a season than Ritchie ever has and has played in the NHL for 2 full seasons before this one.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Wed rather just hold on to Ritchie and manson.

Problem solved
I get that and you should as they are young enough to still be good players after you guys rebuild/retool.

Dont think anyone has a problem with that, it is certain posters saying total BS that is factually wrong that people have problems with.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

You know what... I think you're right. Ducks players are all complete shit and certainly not worthy of playing on the mighty Maple Leafs.

What you guys need is Parayko. He's a giant and a fantastic hockey player and he looks kinda like the Russian boxer from Rocky. You should make a thread about that instead :naughty:

PS sorry Blues fans

Reactions: sunsetsuperhuman

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The Ducks should not deal anyone signed with term right now. Everyone's value is going to be down because the whole team is struggling. Silfverberg should because he's a UFA after the season, but guys like Manson, Fowler, etc are routinely being low balled because they are having bad seasons. Let them play next year under a new coach, a real system, and with effort this season and see if they are the players they were up until this year or if this is the new norm. I'd be willing to bet most of the players will rebound next year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ducks will keep our players and Leafs can keep their scraps, problem solved please stop making threads like this.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
There's dumb people on the internet? I, for one, am shocked.
It's funny how much damage control you are trying to accomplish and it's worth nothing in the end.

Perhaps damage control isn't even the right word - arguing a lot of your fanbase are bad at appreciating other teams' assets.

Reactions: 405Exit

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
These Zaitsev proposals are tiring. No one wants that cap dump.

I mean it’s good to know that it’s not just Ducks getting thrown Zaitsev crap all day long. The past few days has been numerous other teams involved as well.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It's funny how much damage control you are trying to accomplish and it's worth nothing in the end.

Perhaps damage control isn't even the right word - arguing a lot of your fanbase are bad at appreciating other teams' assets.

You're right, it's not the right word. Lol why would I be responsible for what other people post? Cuz we happen to cheer for the same team? I give less than zero f's about what other people post and what other people think about them. I'm not Leafs fans and they're not me. If you can't suss out who's worth engaging with and who's not that ain't my problem. Roll around in the muck to your heart's content m8.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I wonder what Ducks fans would say if a late 1st + Guhle was proposed for Montour yesterday? Probably similar to many of the reactions in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad