Proposal: TML & DUCKS

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Zaitzev does not belong in anyone's top 4. He's a 6/7 D at best that is paid too much for too long. DO NOT WANT

Lindholm/Manson has been the Ducks best pairing forever. They are one of the best shot suppressing duos in the NHL- this year aside, since RC for some reason thought Manson would be able to make Fowler look like less of a dumpster fire and tried switching that up. Thank god it appears he's finally given up on that experiment. Either way... you want up to replace our top pairing RD with that overpaid hot mess? Eww

On a very good Leafs team Brown has less points than Ritchie lol

Calling Brown and Johnsson top 6 players doesn't make it so. Not only does TOR not play them there, they do not have the stats to support ANY team playing them there.

Its not even this years first.

brown is playing on the 4th line because we have too many high octane scorers. Kadris numbers dropped this year because he is on the 3rd line and shares minutes with tavarez and matthews.

simple math.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This just in: HFBOARDS teams can’t draft and develop there own Defenseman. But come to Anaheim to low ball bull **** for ours.
Why not? The Ducks seem to be a cheap defense farm.
Gardiner, Schultz, Theodore, Montour...all had for a song.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
But like so many Leafs proposals, the out of the playoff teams such as the Ducks or Canes seem to have so many top pairing Dmen. Hard to believe.

I hate to interrupt, but the Canes are currently very much in the playoff hunt. We currently sit in a WC spot and are still advancing. If we can keep up this pace, we might even win the Metro. 2nd most wins in 2019, we’re on fire.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
a) no one cares if that's a better package than what we got for Montour. The people you are talking to wouldn't have traded Montour for what he got us. You can hit up GMHCBM if you want to talk to someone who values Montour like that.
b) Considering that the Ducks just traded one of their top 4 D, what makes you think that they jump at the next bag of pennies that gets offered for their second best D? If anything Manson's value to the Ducks just skyrocketed. So bringing this up now is pretty much irrelevant.
c) Manson already was worth a lot more than Montour before the trade happened. This package having "infinately" better value than what Montour fetched is the bare minimum of what one would expect even if what we got for Montour was acceptable to a sizeable part of HF Ducks.

All fair statements.

And I'm not looking to re-kindle the OP's Manson proposal.

I was just providing commentary to counter all hatred & vitriol towards "delusional" Leaf fans, which was unwarranted in this situation ... as it is in many situations.

You'll notice that the comments that I responded to resembled personal to attacks more than counter arguments.

Your response to me was night & day in comparison ... in a good way.

Reactions: The Noot

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I'm not commenting on Zaitsev at all.

You called Ritchie a middle six player and AJ/Brown bottom 6 players even though the previous 2 years Brown has out produced him and AJ is out producing him this year. Brown also had the same ES production this year while playing way more defensive zone starts than Ritchie.

Ritchie is also only a year or two younger, him having size doesnt automatically make him a middle 6 player if he has consistently produced less than the guys you labeled as bottom 6 players....

Also you may want to do a little more research before you say a ton of BS that is easily checked. Brown has scored more goals in a season than Ritchie ever has and has played in the NHL for 2 full seasons before this one.

Yup.

- Johnsson has vastly out produced Ritchie.
- While playing 3 minutes less per night.
- With less power-play time.
- And less offensive line-mates.

But they don't care.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
you are missing the Perry or Kesler cap dump that would go with the 2 Duck players...considering they are the best 2 pieces in the trade to begin with.

Yeah .... about that .... go check out Johnsson's Points/60.

You'll notice it's better than everyone on the Ducks .... by a significant margin .... and better than many guys on pace for 75+ points.

Then look at Johnsson's most common linemate's & his lack of PP opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad