Proposal: TML & DUCKS

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I agree, I would say Manson's value would be very comparable to Muzzin's with the added bonus of him being a bit younger and having a right shot (high demand league wide) . The "Muzzin" argument is his level of experience and he is highly decorated. Manson would command a 1st, a young roster player and a decent prospect.

Manson also has the extra year on his contract.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Well it looks like the Ducks are done and the really need to start a rebuild. Have a done a good number of trades in the past and I think they would make great partners again.

TML
Johnsson
Brown
Zaitsev
2020 1st

Ducks
Manson
Ritchie

TML get the RHD they are looking for and some toughness on the LW.

Ducks get a young feisty winger who does have arbitration rights but would be a great add to your top 6. On pace for 40-50 points as a rookie. Brown adds a little more scoring and can slot in your middle 6. Play PK, good motor. Zaitsev would be your 4 behind Montour. Playing with Lindholm would like be a huge plus for Zaitsev. Adding another 1st to the 2020 draft would help the rebuild.
you are missing the Perry or Kesler cap dump that would go with the 2 Duck players...considering they are the best 2 pieces in the trade to begin with.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
That's a VERY nice way to trade bottom 6ers, cap dump and low 1st round picks and acquire top4D and phhysical middle 6ers!

Well DOne OP!!

I'll be so happy when we see the Leafs trade Liljegren or Sandin w/ Zaitsev in order to get rid of that overpaid bottom pairing D and shove it to Leafs fan face, it will be delightfull!
Love how AJ/Brown are bottom 6ers yet Ritchie is a middle 6, not bias at all eh LOL

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ritchie has been a top 3 forward for the Ducks this season, his off season regiment has helped tremendously.

Look at my posts I was one of the biggest Ritchie haters on this forum when he was fat and lazy.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Love how AJ/Brown are bottom 6ers yet Ritchie is a middle 6, not bias at all eh LOL

One has size and is younger then the others. The others are diminitive forwards who've been playing in the AHL for their whole career before this year

Care to guess who's that one player? Little hint, he's going in TO in that trade...

Guys like Connor Brown are a dime a dozen in the NHL. Same for Johnsson who's been strugglign w/ injuries for his whole career. Adding to hit that HUMONGUOUS Cap dump in Zaitsev and a abysmal 1st round pick is just pure gold...

As I said and will continue to do so, Leafs WONT be able to get rid of Zaitsev w/out giving something they do not want to trade in the deal. One of Liljegren or Sandin will be necessary in order for the Leafs to egt rid f that putrid contract

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
One has size and is younger then the others. The others are diminitive forwards who've been playing in the AHL for their whole career before this year

Care to guess who's that one player? Little hint, he's going in TO in that trade...

Guys like Connor Brown are a dime a dozen in the NHL. Same for Johnsson who's been strugglign w/ injuries for his whole career. Adding to hit that HUMONGUOUS Cap dump in Zaitsev and a abysmal 1st round pick is just pure gold...

As I said and will continue to do so, Leafs WONT be able to get rid of Zaitsev w/out giving something they do not want to trade in the deal. One of Liljegren or Sandin will be necessary in order for the Leafs to egt rid f that putrid contract

Do some research before making posts...humorous stuff though with very little actual insight. The Zaitsev stuff especially, the Leafs rid themselves of Clarkson's deal when HF said it couldn't be done...lots of egg on people's faces there.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Johnsson would be your 2nd highest scorer at the moment...top 9 winger lol
Yeah he’s a top 9 winger. Shockingly the guy playing on a better offensive team with better offensive line mates would have more points than players on our team this year. Doesn’t change the fact he’s still just a top 9 winger right now.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Yeah he’s a top 9 winger. Shockingly the guy playing on a better offensive team with better offensive line mates would have more points than players on our team this year. Doesn’t change the fact he’s still just a top 9 winger right now.

Just like Kapanen was just a 4th line winger right haha. Johnsson has been producing wherever he's been placed but you go ahead and keep Ritchie as a top line player, you can see why the team is floundering.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Do some research before making posts...humorous stuff though with very little actual insight. The Zaitsev stuff especially, the Leafs rid themselves of Clarkson's deal when HF said it couldn't be done...lots of egg on people's faces there.

They didn't have to acually pay Clarkson has he was on LTIR. They'll have to actually pay Zaitsev to be an ugly bottom pairing D for another 5 year @ 4.5...

So yeah, no, totally different situation. Enjoy Zaitsev guys! Leafs fan will need to wake up @ some poitn and realize that the other GM's arent there to give Leafs free passes

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
They didn't have to acually pay Clarkson has he was on LTIR. They'll have to actually pay Zaitsev to be an ugly bottom pairing D for another 5 year @ 4.5...

So yeah, no, totally different situation. Enjoy Zaitsev guys! Leafs fan will need to wake up @ some poitn and realize that the other GM's arent there to give Leafs free passes

Again...no insight, Clarkson was still healthy here, he only got hurt in Columbus but he did play for them. The Leafs paid Horton who was on LTIR. School is out here.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just like Kapanen was just a 4th line winger right haha. Johnsson has been producing wherever he's been placed but you go ahead and keep Ritchie as a top line player, you can see why the team is floundering.
Including things I’ve never said to prove your point is hilarious. If he’s a top 6 winger, then enjoy his next contract, should cost another 6+ mil to keep him around.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Including things I’ve never said to prove your point is hilarious. If he’s a top 6 winger, then enjoy his next contract, should cost another 6+ mil to keep him around.

What? The fabulous Nick Ritchie who is a bonafide top 6 heck some say top 3 is making 1.5 yet Johnsson who is a measly top 9 is going to make 6 million...good hot take lol

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Again...no insight, Clarkson was still healthy here, he only got hurt in Columbus but he did play for them. The Leafs paid Horton who was on LTIR. School is out here.
As said above...

TML fans will need to get their haeds out of the sand and understand that there have been precedent where GM HAD to give away young top tier assets in order to get rid of hideous contract like Zaitsev's

Bickell and Teravainen
Armia and Mason
Datsyuk (moving down in order to get rid of his contract)
List goes on...

Thing is, All these guys had ONE year left on their deal for the majority... Zaitsev has FIVE

Trading a low 1st, dime in a dozen diminutive offensive forwards aren't goign to cut it.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
What? The fabulous Nick Ritchie who is a bonafide top 6 heck some say top 3 is making 1.5 yet Johnsson who is a measly top 9 is going to make 6 million...good hot take lol
Again, I never said a thing about Ritchie. If Johnsson is a top 6 winger, then he should get paid like one right? Or will he take a discount to stay just like Nylander and Matthews did?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kettle meet Black. Oilers fans in no position to ever criticize Leafs fans. 1st rounders and actually competent NHLers in a proposal is nothing to talk smack about.

Thinking some GM would trade you for Lucic.....

I’ll let you have that sink in for a good long while!

You're not in a position to be some arbiter here either. Your proposal is terrible for Anaheim.

Nothing about this would entice them to part with a player like Manson.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
As said above...

TML fans will need to get their haeds out of the sand and understand that there have been precedent where GM HAD to give away young top tier assets in order to get rid of hideous contract like Zaitsev's

Bickell and Teravainen
Armia and Mason
Datsyuk (moving down in order to get rid of his contract)
List goes on...

Thing is, All these guys had ONE year left on their deal for the majority... Zaitsev has FIVE

Trading a low 1st, dime in a dozen diminutive offensive forwards aren't goign to cut it.

Zaitsev's bad play gets overblown because people need someone to complain about. Calling Johnsson a dime dozen lol

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You're not in a position to be some arbiter here either. Your proposal is terrible for Anaheim and it is carries a tradition that's gone back a full decade of ANA-TOR proposals at least that I remember starting with crap packages for Bobby Ryan when he was still a good player and a valued asset.

Nothing about this would entice Anaheim to part with a player like Manson.

Lmao so you expect the Leafs to get hosed just like you guys did Ottawa...good sales pitch lol.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lmao so you expect the Leafs to get hosed just like you guys did Ottawa...good sales pitch lol.

I edited that part of the post out for a reason but I guess I have to bite.

At the time Bobby Ryan was a high value asset that many fanbases wanted. Not just Toronto. But Toronto proposals for Ryan in particular were almost always a big grab bag of mediocre assets. It's a problem that persists on this board period that a quantity of mediocre assets is supposedly good enough for good to great ones. Johnsson is an intriguing piece but it's not worth Anaheim, a team with cap problems of their own, swallowing the Zaitsev cap dump when they can just hang on to Manson.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I edited that part of the post out for a reason but I guess I have to bite.

At the time Bobby Ryan was a high value asset that many fanbases wanted. Not just Toronto. But Toronto proposals for Ryan in particular were almost always a big grab bag of mediocre assets. It's a problem that persists on this board period that a quantity of mediocre assets is supposedly good enough for good to great ones. Johnsson is an intriguing piece but it's not worth Anaheim, a team with cap problems of their own, swallowing the Zaitsev cap dump when they can just hang on to Manson.

Fair reasoning, no issue there.

Reactions: imjustzach

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ritchie has been a top 3 forward for the Ducks this season, his off season regiment has helped tremendously.

Look at my posts I was one of the biggest Ritchie haters on this forum when he was fat and lazy.

8 goals this season is top 3 on the Ducks? What does say say about the team? HORRIBLE

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

When you are trading a way a cap dump similar to Zaitsev, HELL YEAH you're going to get hosed.

CANT WAIT to see it happen, and how Leafs fan are goign to cry about it. It's going to be biblical!

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Wait the Ducks have been bad this year? Are you serious? *checks final scores and stats* AWWWW NOOOOOOO.

Hey he’s the one saying like being a top 3 forward on the ducks is something special. Like an accomplishment not me.

8 goals and top 3 forward? I wouldn’t even use that phrase, “top 3 forward” in a discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad