Proposal: TML & DUCKS

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The 2020 first is the exact piece a rebuilding team is looking for. Hot commodity.

Inalways enjoy when people double down on their one sided proposals to justify them
It would be hard for leafs to bid on manson, your 2020 1st will be 29-32 range. I imagine a lot of teams would go hard on manson

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Zaitsev is same age as Manson
Brown is 25 Vs Ritchie at 23
Johnsson is 24 and yes he is a top 6 player

If you read my original post it would be second pairing for Zaitsev behind Montour. My mistake if Lindholm is on your first pairing.

Plus you are getting a first round pick that will likely be 18 or 19.

How would you not know Lindholm is on the top pairing, he’s a #1 defenceman. If Johnsson is your best LW keep him. Swap in Kapanen or Nylander. Or maybe accept a rebuilding club would rather keep Manson who’s not seen as expendable. They don’t want Zaitsev. Nobody does without an incentive.

Reactions: Spazkat

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How would you not know Lindholm is on the top pairing, he’s a #1 defenceman. If Johnsson is your best LW keep him. Swap in Kapanen or Nylander. Or maybe accept a rebuilding club would rather keep Manson who’s not seen as expendable. They don’t want Zaitsev. Nobody does without an incentive.
Don’t you see, the incentive is us helping the leafs out of a bad contract. How can we say no to that?!

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Zaitsev is same age as Manson
Brown is 25 Vs Ritchie at 23
Johnsson is 24 and yes he is a top 6 player

If you read my original post it would be second pairing for Zaitsev behind Montour. My mistake if Lindholm is on your first pairing.

Plus you are getting a first round pick that will likely be 18 or 19.

Zaitzev does not belong in anyone's top 4. He's a 6/7 D at best that is paid too much for too long. DO NOT WANT

Lindholm/Manson has been the Ducks best pairing forever. They are one of the best shot suppressing duos in the NHL- this year aside, since RC for some reason thought Manson would be able to make Fowler look like less of a dumpster fire and tried switching that up. Thank god it appears he's finally given up on that experiment. Either way... you want up to replace our top pairing RD with that overpaid hot mess? Eww

On a very good Leafs team Brown has less points than Ritchie lol

Calling Brown and Johnsson top 6 players doesn't make it so. Not only does TOR not play them there, they do not have the stats to support ANY team playing them there.

Its not even this years first.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Well it looks like the Ducks are done and the really need to start a rebuild. Have a done a good number of trades in the past and I think they would make great partners again.

TML
Johnsson
Brown
Zaitsev
2020 1st

Ducks
Manson
Ritchie

TML get the RHD they are looking for and some toughness on the LW.

Ducks get a young feisty winger who does have arbitration rights but would be a great add to your top 6. On pace for 40-50 points as a rookie. Brown adds a little more scoring and can slot in your middle 6. Play PK, good motor. Zaitsev would be your 4 behind Montour. Playing with Lindholm would like be a huge plus for Zaitsev. Adding another 1st to the 2020 draft would help the rebuild.

As I see you are a financial advisor would you change 3 nickels for 1 quarter?
Ducks get - feisty winger,more scoring,good motor,huge plus,and another first. You wrap it up so nice almost to the point that the Leafs are getting burned on this one . I long for the not to long ago days that the trade offer was Kulemin and a 3rd for anyone and everyone that was good with the added Cody Franson as a sweetener if needed.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
FLA has you covered. Just tweet at your GM my proposal on the 1st page. Help out the kitties and get them back to the playoffs!
No offense but you guys are like 10 points out of the playoffs, I like Manson but he’s not going to help you get to playoffs this season. Why you would give up a top 10 pick for Manson is beyond me.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Really? What is close to Manson’s value in your eyes?

Travis Hamonic was traded for a 1st and 2 - 2nds he had multiple years left on his deal at a great price . He asked to be traded closer to home

Dougie Hamilton also was traded to Calgary for a first and 2 -2nds. I don't remember his term remaining but he was not close to UFA .He may have been RFA. I also think there were issues with the Bruins not wanting to pay him

Josh has 3 years remaining at a 4.5 mill hit then UFA . Is there any indication he is not happy or the Ducks are not happy with him? If like stated in the OP they should rebuild then he is exactly who you keep and build around .

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
No offense but you guys are like 10 points out of the playoffs, I like Manson but he’s not going to help you get to playoffs this season. Why you would give up a top 10 pick for Manson is beyond me.

Oops

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Not only is it one of the worst proposals I’ve seen, you’re also doing an amazing job of downplaying the assets Anaheim is giving up and pumping Toronto’s assets to try and convince everyone it’s not a terrible proposal.

Bravo good sir. Keep up the good fight.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Dadonov - Barkov - Panarin/Stone
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Hoffman
Vatrano - Borgstrom - Tippett

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Manson

Going into next year would be a solid top9/top 4. We would bring Manson in now to help the playoff push and learn the systems and get familiar with his new teammates. Put a top 5 protection on the pick and call a it done deal

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
For all the this needs to be shut down, another TML proposal that is insane. Some tid bits for you all:

Johnsson has more goals than anybody on the Ducks roster. Played like ass the first 10ish games too. Furthermore he has moved up and down the lineup and has proven he can play on any of the top 3 lines. Likely can be signed for relatively cheap and another 3 years of control.

Both Zaitsev and Manson have comparable point totals the past three years. Is Manson the better defender no doubt but this is why Johnsson and the first is added.

Brown has outscored Ritchie, gets zero PP time, always plays PK. It’s a wash but as said Brown likely has more offensive upside if given the opportunity.

Close the thread, could care less but it’s a fair offer for both teams. One who is pushing towards a SC run and another that needs a rebuild.
Your attempt to justify this trade is a joke, Zaitsev and Brown are way overpriced, the only piece of significant is Johanson in the deal. And that would never get you Manson. Same with the first rounder. Manson is cost controlled. Like i said its an obvious attempt to dump salary, because leaf fans know. They dont have the cap space to sign Marner now

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
OP comes up with the prefect match to meet the needs of his leafs
Offers up peanuts as a return
Must be starving as an financial advisor

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

9* with a chance at 7 tonight with games in hand.

7-2 in our last 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad