Proposal: TML & DUCKS

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
That package is not even worth Manson in my opinion.

It looks like you’re trying to trade two quarters, a dollar bill, and a button for two dollars.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I'm not making an argument lmfao

Y'all take this too seriously

All this thread is showing me is a bunch of Leaf fans who don't watch hockey outside of their own bubble or like ripping off other teams intentionally. Pick your poison.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
HF giving a voice to every delusional leaf fan on the internet! yay!

I shudder to think what it would actually cost to get Manson, I have a feeling we don't have the prospect pool to get it done.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Zaitsev is same age as Manson
Brown is 25 Vs Ritchie at 23
Johnsson is 24 and yes he is a top 6 player

If you read my original post it would be second pairing for Zaitsev behind Montour. My mistake if Lindholm is on your first pairing.

Plus you are getting a first round pick that will likely be 18 or 19.
It just never gets better.Ducks laugh and hang up thinking it was a prank call.

Reactions: Mallard

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I am saying that when given the opportunity Brown has been able to move up the lineup if needed. Is he a second liner on the TML no. On a team like the Oilers absolutely.

A guy with a career high 36 points is not a 2nd liner anywhere. If you're putting him there, you're doing it wrong.

Anybody can "move up the lineup if needed". It doesn't mean the results are good. Hell we had Derek Grant as a 1C for a good chuck of last year. It doesn't mean we'd have any luck pawning him off as a 1C to another team though lol

Reactions: Mallard

RDubya

Jun 7, 2015
"Here, take our crap"
"crap" lmao johnsson is a rookie and has been one of the top 5v5 point producers in the entire league since thanksgiving, but yeah definitely "crap." the only ducks player producing anything similar to that this season has been getzlaf.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
"crap" lmao johnsson is a rookie and has been one of the top 5v5 point producers in the entire league since thanksgiving, but yeah definitely "crap." the only ducks player producing anything similar to that this season has been getzlaf.
A 24 year old rookie, who produces without PP at Zach Hyman level. If Toronto believes he will develop into a top 6 winger, they should sign him this summer to a 7 year 4.5 million contract.

Reactions: Jerkob Slavin

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
Love the whole “but he’s wasting away” argument LOL. Last thing a rebuilding team does, is trade good young talent.

If they were going to move a young D, it’s likely to shore up a declining forward core. Like a Huberdeau type deal.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
HFBoards trade boards home of take our crap/scraps and extras while we pick and choose what we need desperately.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
It would be hard for leafs to bid on manson, your 2020 1st will be 29-32 range. I imagine a lot of teams would go hard on manson
I agree, I would say Manson's value would be very comparable to Muzzin's with the added bonus of him being a bit younger and having a right shot (high demand league wide) . The "Muzzin" argument is his level of experience and he is highly decorated. Manson would command a 1st, a young roster player and a decent prospect.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Well it looks like the Ducks are done and the really need to start a rebuild. Have a done a good number of trades in the past and I think they would make great partners again.

TML
Johnsson
Brown
Zaitsev
2020 1st

Ducks
Manson
Ritchie

TML get the RHD they are looking for and some toughness on the LW.

Ducks get a young feisty winger who does have arbitration rights but would be a great add to your top 6. On pace for 40-50 points as a rookie. Brown adds a little more scoring and can slot in your middle 6. Play PK, good motor. Zaitsev would be your 4 behind Montour. Playing with Lindholm would like be a huge plus for Zaitsev. Adding another 1st to the 2020 draft would help the rebuild.

That's a VERY nice way to trade bottom 6ers, cap dump and low 1st round picks and acquire top4D and phhysical middle 6ers!

Well DOne OP!!

I'll be so happy when we see the Leafs trade Liljegren or Sandin w/ Zaitsev in order to get rid of that overpaid bottom pairing D and shove it to Leafs fan face, it will be delightfull!

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
"If" Manson were on the table, and there is no current reason to believe that he isn't viewed as a core piece for Anaheim moving forward, despite their struggles, the deals mentioned above don't get the job done. If the ask is for Manson AND Ritchie... I think the deal wouldn't be far off.... Nylander + 2nd + Borgman for Manson and Ritchie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad