Proposal: TML & DUCKS

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Johnsson
Zaitsev
2020 1st

For Manson. Two roster players a first for a D man that is gonna get wasted over the next three years while you rebuild. All younger.

Brown=Ritchie
In fact you could say Brown has shown more upside while Ritchie has been a third liner.

Cute but one of your “roster players” is a cap dump that nobody wants cause of contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It's like Deja Vu. I see the teams, I can conceive of the exact components, and boom! I click the link anyway and it's there.

The only surprise was the inclusion of Ritchie too.

A cap dump, two formerly shiny new toys that Leafs fans are sick of playing with and a late first next year for one of Anaheim's best players is not a good offer. For a star player that is young enough to keep through a rebuild, that isn't a good offer.

For other teams star plays, think, would trade your package for one of your star forwards?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Murray doesn't strike me as the type of GM that would effectively pay a premium for a forward whose production is on the back of an ~18% shooting percentage.

You have to wait for the larger sample size. Imagine where the Ducks would be had they made a hockey trade for Connor Brown a year and half ago.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Kettle meet Black. Oilers fans in no position to ever criticize Leafs fans. 1st rounders and actually competent NHLers in a proposal is nothing to talk smack about.

Thinking some GM would trade you for Lucic.....

I’ll let you have that sink in for a good long while!
So you admit this was a terrible proposal?

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Leafs giving up too much. Toronto would essentially be handing Ducks our best left winger and a 1st , plus a replacement rhd for Manson, and Brown for Ritchie. Brown is a better player than Ritchie in that he can be used in more situations up and down the lineup. Babcock would never play Ritchie, just like he never played Leivo.

Maybe that's a mistake on Babcock's end then because Leivo has been absolutely terrific in Vancouver.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Leafs get exactly what they need - Check
Leafs give up only expendable pieces - Check

A+ Leaf proposal.

Yah that ain’t working man. I would rather deal with Florida. There moderator already offered a first this year for Manson/Montour.

That deal sucks bad for Anaheim.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Kettle meet Black. Oilers fans in no position to ever criticize Leafs fans. 1st rounders and actually competent NHLers in a proposal is nothing to talk smack about.

Thinking some GM would trade you for Lucic.....

I’ll let you have that sink in for a good long while!
Sounds like your feelings getting hurt

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Typical leaf proposal, the O.P. doesn't get one of those players at that price. Not even close for Manson. I wouldn't do it for Ritchie either.

Last edited:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Actually I think it's difficult for these teams to be a fit anymore. Both teams want/need to dump cap for next year.

I understand the Ducks not liking it because of the cap, but certainly for talent it's a fair trade. But like so many Leafs proposals, the out of the playoff teams such as the Ducks or Canes seem to have so many top pairing Dmen. Hard to believe.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The 2020 first is the exact piece a rebuilding team is looking for. Hot commodity.

Inalways enjoy when people double down on their one sided proposals to justify them
The 3o or 31st overall pick in 2020 is more like a 2nd round pick. I expect the Leafs to among the best next season.

Reactions: 405Exit

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Actually I think it's difficult for these teams to be a fit anymore. Both teams want/need to dump cap for next year.

I understand the Ducks not liking it because of the cap, but certainly for talent it's a fair trade. But like so many Leafs proposals, the out of the playoff teams such as the Ducks or Canes seem to have so many top pairing Dmen. Hard to believe.

I just don’t like the value especially with other teams offering top 10 picks for our Defenseman this season. The value isn’t there in any shape or form.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The 3o or 31st overall pick in 2020 is more like a 2nd round pick. I expect the Leafs to among the best next season.

Exactly. I’m not taking that pick. Not only is it not this season? It’s in 2020. And we know Toronto will only get better with addition of Muzzin for an entire season.

That pick is gonna be horrendous

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Well it looks like the Ducks are done and the really need to start a rebuild. Have a done a good number of trades in the past and I think they would make great partners again.

TML
Johnsson
Brown
Zaitsev
2020 1st

Ducks
Manson
Ritchie

TML get the RHD they are looking for and some toughness on the LW.

Ducks get a young feisty winger who does have arbitration rights but would be a great add to your top 6. On pace for 40-50 points as a rookie. Brown adds a little more scoring and can slot in your middle 6. Play PK, good motor. Zaitsev would be your 4 behind Montour. Playing with Lindholm would like be a huge plus for Zaitsev. Adding another 1st to the 2020 draft would help the rebuild.

Come on. This can’t be a serious proposal.

Horrendous for Anaheim.

Try harder, please.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Leafs giving up too much. Toronto would essentially be handing Ducks our best left winger and a 1st , plus a replacement rhd for Manson, and Brown for Ritchie. Brown is a better player than Ritchie in that he can be used in more situations up and down the lineup. Babcock would never play Ritchie, just like he never played Leivo.
Lol that this post wasn't sarcasm wow :eek:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ritchie has actually quietly had a good season during this Ducks train wreck. Don’t think they should give up on him.
Yup him, Kase & to some extent Lindholm's point per game rate hasn't fallen off as much as the other guys, Montour's offensive numbers stable as well.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Even if manson isn't a top pairing dmen in your mind, hes still a RHD that plays smart defensively and physical hockey while being able to keep up with todays speed in the nhl.

Ritchie has 6 more points than Brown in 13 less games... and before you say "wah brown is on the 4th line... Anaheim is currently running 4 4th lines". They basically had same stat line last year... the big difference between the players is Ritchie is slightly younger, more physical and has more potential.

Your 1st next year would likely be a 30-32 range, which means if we moved manson theres a good chance our 2nd is as good as that 1st.

No thanks on so many levels. While johnsson is having a solid year... no one is going to buy high on him with an 18% shooting percentage... that would be nuts.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
as more potential.

Your 1st next year would likely be a 30-32 range, which means if we moved manson theres a good chance our 2nd is as good as that 1st.

It's kinda of silly to rate Dmen on their contribution by points. None of the Leafs R side Dmen play the PP,. Marner has almost exclusive rights to suit . But Hainsey plays the right side is on pace for 41 points this season, and general played big minutes on PK

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Ritchie should be part of the rebuild. We need to move out guys like Silf and Henrique before thinking about Ritchie and Manson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad