• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Perhaps I've just been far too out of the loop, but I always hear about Subban being a problem child without ever hearing what exactly the problems are, aside from the fact that he's a big personality. I don't get the dislike. Yeah, he's loud and brash, but he seems like a good guy.
he's a great guy from what i've heard about him apparently he brings a lot to dressing room and still can play an effective top pairing role, if this were anyway possible the Leafs would be fools to pass the opportunity up

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
& our Leafs win more games so its a WIN - WIN all around and everyone is happy. :)

I don’t think Subban is a very good player. I like the guy and I hope
Poile can trade him, but I don’t want him with the Leafs.
How about Edmonton?

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
$6M for 3 more seasons is an absolute filthy deal.

But I cant wrap my head around what the acquisition cost would be. No idea.

Moreover, I don't like the idea of dealing with Poile. I said it in another thread recently. David Poile is the kind of GM you find out who he likes on your club and keep him. Smart GM.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don’t think Subban is a very good player. I like the guy and I hope
Poile can trade him, but I don’t want him with the Leafs.
How about Edmonton?

Forwards: Matthews, Tavares, Marner
Defense: Rielly, Subban, Muzzin
Goalie: Andersen

If that is the core 7 players you spend the majority of your cap on, even if you have among the highest AAV players in the game, you can fill the cheap seats around them and be Cup competitive. IMO

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015

If that is the core 7 players you spend the majority of your cap on, even if you have among the highest AAV players in the game, you can fill the cheap seats around them and be Cup competitive. IMO
Isn't Morgan Rielly just a better version of Subban?

Last edited by a moderator:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Unless it's an easy deal or there's significant retention (like at 5.5/) I don't really want PK 'I'm PK Subban, and everyone loves me but not as much as I love me, which seems to take about three years for them to figure out and this is my TV show in my hometown where I look for the best Thai food/try on new hats/play some esoteric new sport!' Subban here.

Pass.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I think I’d rather have Gardiner.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Could see something like...

TOR
Subban ($2 mil retained) (cap would be $7 mil AAV x3 years)
Granlund (50% retained) (cap would be $2.875 x1 year)

NAS

Kadri
Zaitsev
Brown
Bracco

Nashville benefits in clearing the space for Josi, filling hole created by Subban leaving, Kadri much more cost effective option than Duchene to fill C hole, a useful player in Brown and player with upside and skill in Bracco.

Toronto benefits in clearing the cap hits of Zaitsev and Brown, filling the glaring hole on the top pair RH side of our D in Subban, and replace the hole createed by trading Kadri with a cheaper 3C option in Granlund whose cap would come off the books at the end of the season.

Toronto would have $12 mil in cap out the door in Kadri, Zaitsev, Brown and Bracco assuming they were all on the roster, and $9.875 coming in with Subban and Granlund, but in the process filled their biggest need and got rid of Zaitsev's deal.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

TOR

NAS

Kadri
Zaitsev
Brown
Bracco

Nashville benefits in clearing the space for Josi, filling hole created by Subban leaving, Kadri much more cost effective option than Duchene to fill C hole, a useful player in Brown and player with upside and skill in Bracco.

Toronto benefits in clearing the cap hits of Zaitsev and Brown, filling the glaring hole on the top pair RH side of our D in Subban, and replace the hole createed by trading Kadri with a cheaper 3C option in Granlund whose cap would come off the books at the end of the season.

Toronto would have $12 mil in cap out the door in Kadri, Zaitsev, Brown and Bracco assuming they were all on the roster, and $9.875 coming in with Subban and Granlund, but in the process filled their biggest need and got rid of Zaitsev's deal.

Zaitsev will be staying, the management likes him too much, they know his value and they don't care what the amateurs think

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

TOR

NAS

Kadri
Zaitsev
Brown
Bracco

I would probably do this trade. Subban is a huge upgrade over Zaitsev. It would make our team a lot better.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012
Forwards: Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander

Nylander's going to pull through.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012

TOR

NAS
Kadri
Zaitsev
Brown
Bracco

That's a lot of cost-controlled goodness there. It would be just like Poile to yield that while adding a Duchene or...Panarin? while extending Josi. Don't like that for us. Rather continue to roll with Kadri, find out what Bracco's got at the NHL level and move Zaitsev and Brown for lesser assets if only lesser assets can be had for them and the discharge of their cap hits.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
No chance this goes down unless a lot of salary is retained and they take Marleau Zaitsev. Media just making us talk, that's all it is in my opinion.
Dubas could be looking to overhaul the team. He could move Marleau and zaitsev in other deals and might move on from Nylander and Kadri saves quite a bit of money there. Bring in some younger cheaper top 4 defencemen. They don’t have to have Nashville take Marleau and Zaitsev to make it work.

Sep 18, 2009
If we got PK, Paul marner will lose his ****! PK easily gets most of those commercials marner gets now + many more he is also a good actor so the adds won’t be brutal either
Screw marner, he should sign and step up his weak ass game

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Even if Nashville retain 2mil and a straight swap for Zai, I still don’t think Leafs want him due to Cap Hit and Babs not liking him.

Having said that, this might be another way to tell Babs- he is out if he can’t win a round or two.
Why doesn’t Babcock like him?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You could spend his caphit with two other players that contribute twice as much as him.

Terrible option and it's embarrassing that our fanbase is even contemplating this.
Who are the two players with the cap hit that contribute twice as much as him though? That Toronto could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad