• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Kadri + Zaitsev + Marleau for Subban

It's called a hockey deal, sweety.
I'd rather pay Marner 11 million than trade him to take on Subban's 9 million contract........ (and I REALLY don't want to pay Marner 11 million)

EDIT: Sorry for quote. I misread the statement...

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Plenty of tire kicking going on, no doubt. Obviously fills a need as a RHD, but we'll see if the rest of the elements for a deal are there.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
See it depends. If we pay a premium I would be pissed. But if they really just want to move him and he's going for cheap.. I am okay trading Zaitsev + Kapenen to upgrade Z into Subban (retained to 7.5 AAV).

Preds are moving him to open up cap space. Not to fill it with 9m worth of Zaitsev + Kapenen.

Drama queen Subban can take a hike.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I wouldn't mind getting him at the right price.... wouldn't want to put our team in a difficult cap situation though!

That being said.. I HIGHLY doubt we are going to get him. These "insiders" are just looking for attention and creating things to sound newsworthy to bring the buzz.

How do you know the insiders are just looking for attention?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
How is he a headcase?

This character stigma against players of colour is ridiculous.

The guy gave 9M to a hospital in Montreal. That's probably going to be more than 10% of his career earnings.

Seems like a great character guy who just shows personality unlike 90% of this league.

What reports out there show that he's a headcase? I'd love to know.

lol, "this stigma"? Name all these players of colour that people have issues with? Guess what? Automatically assuming race is the issue is racist. Congrats.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
How is he a headcase?

This character stigma against players of colour is ridiculous.

The guy gave 9M to a hospital in Montreal. That's probably going to be more than 10% of his career earnings.

Seems like a great character guy who just shows personality unlike 90% of this league.

What reports out there show that he's a headcase? I'd love to know.

He's such a big headcase that after choosing Pacioretty over Subban, Montreal had to later trade their captain Pacioretty! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Macallan18

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
If we're adding even $6M in salary from Subban, it means at least an equal amount of money has to go out. So maybe it's something like Kadri and AJ or Kap. Or Nylander.

But in either scenario, we would still need to move out more money to sign marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad