Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

Carey Cost*

The big question at this point is can he play hockey at the NHL level. Baby steps.

And big hits > fighting. See Emelin.

why do you need him to absolutly know how to play hockey? all he has to do is give big checks, stop shots, clear the net and fight. He wont be playing on the powerplay.

I mean i hope he can pass the puck, skate forward and backwards.

If he can shoot thats a plus.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I am seeing this as we are auditioning guys for a potential trade MB talking to other GMs about a vet D man and they want to see certain young D in an NHL game to decide who they may want coming back in the deal.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Love the new management. They are rewarding kids for developing and working hard. I wouldn't be shocked to see Bournival get a few games this year either.

Pretty clear St-Denis is not in the plans. Which is unfortunate because he would be the perfect #7 that could step in and not hurt the club. Much better option than Kaberle and Weber. Wish he was a year younger.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
why do you need him to absolutly know how to play hockey? all he has to do is give big checks, stop shots, clear the net and fight. He wont be playing on the powerplay.

Are you for real?

This is hockey, not MMA. Plenty of players can be very physical yet be a complete liability on the ice. What makes Emelin a great player right now isn't that he can land huge hits - we already knew that. It's that he's much better at preventing the other team from scoring goals than before (his newly found offensive talent is a bonus). I'd much rather have 6 defensemen who can't fight to save their life but can play hockey than 6 goons with 0 hockey sense.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
I've loved watching Tinordi since we as in London, good kid, strong on the puck and never afraid to defend a teammate. I hope he pans out great and we end up with a great Crease clearer and someone to WOW at with big hits other then Emelin.

Oct 22, 2012
Wow @ the negativity towards Tinordi. Seriously? He is a great D prospect, with a powerful stride and hockey sense. At every level he developed into a force, especially with London and when he played for team usa.

Most importantly a Prospect. A kid who we are trying to develop and this is one step in doing so. Get off your high horse, and appreciate the finer things, like, say maybe the teams success so far this year?

Some peoples kids........

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Wow @ the negativity towards Tinordi. Seriously? He is a great D prospect, with a powerful stride and hockey sense. At every level he developed into a force, especially with London and when he played for team usa.

Most importantly a Prospect. A kid who we are trying to develop and this is one step in doing so. Get off your high horse, and appreciate the finer things, like, say maybe the teams success so far this year?

Some peoples kids........

No one is being negative, just ignore 29dryden29;)

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
He's always been my favorite prospect since day 1.

All the haters here gonna eat crow very soon.

Carey Cost*

Are you for real?

This is hockey, not MMA. Plenty of players can be very physical yet be a complete liability on the ice. What makes Emelin a great player right now isn't that he can land huge hits - we already knew that. It's that he's much better at preventing the other team from scoring goals than before (his newly found offensive talent is a bonus). I'd much rather have 6 defensemen who can't fight to save their life but can play hockey than 6 goons with 0 hockey sense.

Well the guy plays in the AHL for a reason... i'm just saying I hope his biggest strengths are to be physical and to know how to fight. Dats it

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
No more re-entry waivers with the new DBA.

St-Denis would only have had to clear waivers if and when he was to be sent down again after his stint here.

I believe that is the problem. I'm thinking they don't want to lose him but he is also a UFA at the end of the year. I doubt he sticks around to play in the AHL when I am sure teams that lack depth on D can use him as a 6th or 7th and play his way up through the lineup.

Glad to see Tinordi getting a chance. I hope he plays a simple game and sticks to what he does well. If he can come in and impact with the style we expect, he can bring an important presence to this team that we lacked since Gill was traded. (How does Tinordi play a 5v3? Does he lie down in the slot like Gill did? LOL)

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
Well the guy plays in the AHL for a reason... i'm just saying I hope his biggest strengths are to be physical and to know how to fight. Dats it

So it's okay with you if he's out of position every time he steps on the ice, can barely skate backwards, misses half of his clearing attempts and fumbles the puck under pressure as long as he can be physical?

Did you even learn anything from the Laraque debacle?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Because he has been called up to play in... wait for it... the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE

Everything you mentioned, is knowing how to play hockey... Hitting, checking, blocking shots, clearing the net, even fighting on skates... That is knowing how to play hockey. Shooting and passing are not the only hockey skills.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For his size, he's not a good fighter. I hope he doesn't drop them in his first callup. He's not ready and a beating could set him back.

He's not really a bad fighter. He's tall but he's also pretty skinny. If he gets someone a bit smaller I think he could hold his own.

No way he's going to fight heavy weights, though. Get this out of your heads, now.
Down the road maybe, though. He needs more weight.

Carey Cost*

Because he has been called up to play in... wait for it... the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE

Everything you mentioned, is knowing how to play hockey... Hitting, checking, blocking shots, clearing the net, even fighting on skates... That is knowing how to play hockey. Shooting and passing are not the only hockey skills.

I know, hes already in the AHL, I can just assume that he already knows how to play a good level of hockey for the NHL. I'm just saying i'm sure they dint called him up because of his hockey sense other wise they would call Beaulieu...

Now i'm just hoping and its just a hope that he knows how to fight. I dont understand why people jump on me?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Tinordi will need quite a few games to get comfortable, as he's just a player that takes time to adjust to new surroundings and higher levels.

He's not going to light the world on fire until he gets a full season in, but he will be better than Pateryn and can bring a net clearing presence our other D just don't have.

Look forward to him playing, and hoping he gets a shot with Subban as I think they'd be a perfect pairing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tinordi will need quite a few games to get comfortable, as he's just a player that takes time to adjust to new surroundings and higher levels.

He's not going to light the world on fire until he gets a full season in, but he will be better than Pateryn and can bring a net clearing presence our other D just don't have.

Look forward to him playing, and hoping he gets a shot with Subban as I think they'd be a perfect pairing.

Don't know if its a knock on Pateryn or over-rating of Tities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad