Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so questions

how has he been playing?

has been bringing a physical game in hamilton?

He's been solid all year in Hamilton, especially on the PK. He's not overly physical.

Why was Pateryn called up at first place ? Because Dogs need help from Tinordi, St-Denis and Beaulieu ? It's clear that those three players are better than Pateryn, no ?

St-Denis had just returned to action after being out for several weeks. Pateryn has been the Dogs top defensemen since he returned from injury. He was on the top pairing with Beaulieu.

I was surprised Pateryn was called up before him. I think the fact that he was right-handed factored a lot on that decision. But after last night game, you clearly saw that he wasn't ready.

Tinordi IMO, was the best D on Hamilton this season, and is a better skater than Pateryn, and that will matter a lot in the NHL.

Since Pateryn missed so much time, I could see Tinordi as being the best D but since Pateryn's been back he's certainly been the best D. He is a better skater and more mobile then Pateryn but that's also Pateryn's main weakness imo.

IPateryn held his own against NHL competition. He was amazing during his stint here, I don't see why you're complaining.

There's no way he was amazing, I thought he was ok. Hopefully he can build off this for next year and beyond.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
How many games can a kid like Tinordi play before we burn an ELC contract year?

No difference for Tinordi. It only makes a difference if the players starts in the NHL at 18 or 19, or if he turned 20 AFTER July 1st of last year, which is not the case with Tinordi, but WAS the case with Pacioretty, which is why he was limited to under 40 NHL games in his rookie pro season.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Some people seem a bit worried. I don't think he will be up for very long. They likely want to just give him a taste of the NHL in order for him to understand just how elevated his game has to be to stay in the big league. Pretty much just what they did with Pateryn, so people shouldn't worry too much. Tinordi will be well protected like Pateryn was.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I didn't say he played bad, I said he was okay. But Amazing? Come on man...

I had no standards for him in the first place because I didn't think he was NHL ready, and I still do. It was proven by his usage, he was sheltered like hell against two non-playoff teams and a team depleted by injuries.

I think the latter sentence is important. The better question in my opinion is did he miss, meet or exceed expectations not whether the was great or bad by NHL standards. by that standard I'd put him in the " meet to exceed" category. I dont think he's ready now but I think he is on the right path and he's not super far away.

I also think as someone else previously mentioned, i think it sends a great message to the kids in hamilton.

I'm really excited to see tinordi but I'm not sure he's gonna stay long.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
This isn't a diss on Pateryn. I think Pateryn did very well considering the circumstances, but the Habs are confident they can also evaluate Tinordi's progression and, who knows, have him take part in the success of the team. A good Tinordi is better than a good Pateryn.

I'd much rather have either one of these two than Weber or Kaberle in the lineup tbh.

Carey Cost*

I got to admit if he can do that to Lucic

Sign him long term

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
He's more mobile too.

Not more mobile than what Gill was at the start of his career. And believe it or not, Gill had more offensive upside his first years. He had 3 20+ points season, something even Josh Gorges has problem to do. Tinordi won't be more than a more physical Hall Gill.

People shouldn't hope for too much from Tinordi.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
You all don't get the amazing meaning of what I explained like 5 posts earlier :shakehead:

Well of course is you change the meaning of the word "amazing" to fit the context you want, don't be surprise if people don't always get it.

Amazing means you've been "amazed" by his play. I agree with you he played good given what was asked of him, but I never was "amazed".

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
This isn't a diss on Pateryn. I think Pateryn did very well considering the circumstances, but the Habs are confident they can also evaluate Tinordi's progression and, who knows, have him take part in the success of the team. A good Tinordi is better than a good Pateryn.

I'd much rather have either one of these two than Weber or Kaberle in the lineup tbh.

This is probably just an evaluation call up. At the start of the season MB and MT said they'd be evaluating all season before they make major changes to the team. Pateryn got his chance for a few games and did reasonably well. They likely want to see how Tinordi has progressed to see if they really do need to go out and get a physical defenceman to cover the rest of the season and maybe next year. Tinordi will be well protected, and get a taste of what the league is like.

I don't know bout you all but, I'd rather give the rookie call ups for 2-4 games when we are "comfortably" in 1st place/playoffs, rather than 8th place fighting for a playoff spot. Huge difference, this way there is zero pressure on him to be bad ass right away.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Pretty clear what is happening here.

Before going out and getting a veteran big D before the deadline, they decided to audition the kids.

skule, this is his first year of his ELC regardless of what happens.

That's what I think as well. Diaz's injury is giving them the oppotunity to see what they have before feeling they HAVE to get a big, solid defensive defencman to clear the crease. I hope he can do the job so MB can focus his attention on getting bigger up front.

Not to put too much pressure on him but he'll eventually have to break in at some point, so what better time than when we're winning and playing well defensively as a team.

I like this move :yo:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
3 games for Pateryn, 3 games for Tinordi, maybe 3 games for Beaulieu and possibly Ellis.

Excellent player development by Bergevin.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Weber is crap.

Kaberle has actually played well this season the few times this new management team, that rightly believes in the youth more than the management in recent years, have given him a chance.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
Weber is crap.

Kaberle has actually played well this season the few times this new management team, that rightly believes in the youth more than the management in recent years, have given him a chance.

Well in his defense, Weber has been put in a very tough situation since the season began. He spent weeks watching games from up high. It's not easy to come back and play at your best when you can't even keep in shape with AHL games. I'm sure had we not signed Bouillon and played Weber instead, he would've fared much better.

And I agree with your assessment on Kaberle. He played fine, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't fit in the team's plan past this year, so there's no point in wasting anymore time on him.

Apr 28, 2010
Well of course is you change the meaning of the word "amazing" to fit the context you want, don't be surprise if people don't always get it.

Amazing means you've been "amazed" by his play. I agree with you he played good given what was asked of him, but I never was "amazed".

I guess some fans are "embellishing" a rookie's play now too. :sarcasm:

But anyway, im the same. i think GP played okay, but not amazing..lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad