Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I was surprised Pateryn was called up before him. I think the fact that he was right-handed factored a lot on that decision. But after last night game, you clearly saw that he wasn't ready.

Tinordi IMO, was the best D on Hamilton this season, and is a better skater than Pateryn, and that will matter a lot in the NHL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
jarred+tinordi.jpeg

I need someone to caption this with a boom mothafuka or something. It will be useful some day:nod:

Why was Pateryn called up at first place ? Because Dogs need help from Tinordi, St-Denis and Beaulieu ? It's clear that those three players are better than Pateryn, no ?

Pateryn held his own against NHL competition. He was amazing during his stint here, I don't see why you're complaining.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Pateryn wasnt recalled to take over a spot in the roster. They recalled him to audition him. They create hope in our players down in the A that if they play well, they'll get an opportunity to play in the big league

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
was there something they didn't like in pateryn?

markov tinordi
emelin subban
gorges diaz

??

markov emelin
gorges subban
tinordi diaz

I think what they are doing is before making a trade for a big D they wanted to see if Pateryn or Tinordi can do the job as the 6th D.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I need someone to caption this with a boom mothafuka or something. It will be useful some day:nod:

Pateryn held his own against NHL competition. He was amazing during his stint here, I don't see why you're complaining.

He was so amazing that Therrien wouldn't play him more than 7 minutes yesterday? He was alright, but had a rough game last night. FAR from amazing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He was so amazing that Therrien wouldn't play him more than 7 minutes yesterday? He was alright, but had a rough game last night. FAR from amazing.

Yeah, he was amazing. He played error free for his first two games and last game was more on Bouillon crapping the bed. He showed why he was the first call up, and if you expect anything more than this from Tities, you're going to be disappointed.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I'd say he looked ok all 3 games, played a safe game. To me he looks like a guy that has the tools to be an NHL d-man in a year or two. Probably not an impact guy but a steady #4-6 guy that keeps the crease clean and contributes on PK.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval

I bet its hard for you to understand that a guy that just became professional. Playing in the NHL and making close to no mistake, is playing awesome.

But I guess your standards are that he's a bust if he didnt had a ppg pace in his 3 games.

In those 3 games we barely heard his name, which is awesome at where he is in his developement. He's not a future superstar,

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, he was amazing. He played error free for his first two games and last game was more on Bouillon crapping the bed. He showed why he was the first call up, and if you expect anything more than this from Tities, you're going to be disappointed.

I believe they wouldn't call Tinordi up for 7 minutes a night. But maybe I'm wrong and Therrien will waste precious ice-time just for the sake of evaluating Tinordi.

Keep saying playing 7 minutes a night is being amazing, maybe the 12th time it will make sense...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Amazing?

He was OK, nothing more. Which is fine, no one should expect the world from Greg Pateryn of all people...but let's reel it in a little. In no universe was he amazing at any point in his call-up.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'd say he looked ok all 3 games, played a safe game. To me he looks like a guy that has the tools to be an NHL d-man in a year or two. Probably not an impact guy but a steady #4-6 guy that keeps the crease clean and contributes on PK.

These type of dmen are important too. Just all-around okay/solid. Strong enough. Keeps it simple.

You need someone to play third pairing, might as well be someone reliable.

I feel Pateryn will be a good player for us in the next few years.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I bet its hard for you to understand that a guy that just became professional. Playing in the NHL and making close to no mistake, is playing awesome.

But I guess your standards are that he's a bust if he didnt had a ppg pace in his 3 games.

In those 3 games we barely heard his name, which is awesome at where he is in his developement. He's not a future superstar,

I didn't say he played bad, I said he was okay. But Amazing? Come on man...

I had no standards for him in the first place because I didn't think he was NHL ready, and I still do. It was proven by his usage, he was sheltered like hell against two non-playoff teams and a team depleted by injuries.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Amazing?

He was OK, nothing more. Which is fine, no one should expect the world from Greg Pateryn of all people...but let's reel it in a little. In no universe was he amazing at any point in his call-up.

He was amazing in his own right. The guy played his first three games in the NHL, was the complete underdog. 22 years old 5th rond pick, beating two top 20 1st pick Dman... To me what he did was amazing.

He certainly doesnt need to be discredited for his play, because he was far more solid than Bouillon in all the 3 games he played.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I agree. He kept it simple, and he might reach the NHL one day, but he's not ready, it was quite clear.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I didn't say he played bad, I said he was okay. But Amazing? Come on man...

I had no standards for him in the first place because I didn't think he was NHL ready, and I still do. It was proven by his usage, he was sheltered like hell against two non-playoff teams and a team depleted by injuries.

He played close to 13 minutes against Florida. Give me a break. He had 20 minutes of error free hockey.

You guys only want one thing and it's flashy play, one day you will all need to understand that hockey is not only flashy saves, flashy dekes and flashy checks.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He played close to 13 minutes against Florida. Give me a break. He had 20 minutes of error free hockey.

You guys only want one thing and it's flashy play, one day you will all need to understand that hockey is not only flashy saves, flashy dekes and flashy checks.

Florida is a very, very bad team.

I couldn't care less about what brand of hockey a guy plays, that doesn't matter to me to evaluate them as a player.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
These type of dmen are important too. Just all-around okay/solid. Strong enough. Keeps it simple.

You need someone to play third pairing, might as well be someone reliable.

I feel Pateryn will be a good player for us in the next few years.

I agree, he obviously wasn't ready fro the NHL but to me he showed that he has NHL potential to become a reliable bottom pairing guy. I think the most important thing is that he didn't make any mistakes which cost the team.

It'll probably be the same with Tinordi, he'll come up, get a taste of the NHL, play some bottom pairing minutes and just try not to make any mistakes. Hopefully he can do more then that but we shouldn't expect too much from him.

I'm really happy that management is giving our young guys a chance and some experience, if this was last season we would have traded for a Kaberle like player but this year we won't accept that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad