Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
It's pretty amazing that with such a noticeable disparity at goalie and with the Leafs missing a big gun or two most games in the series that the series is where it's at. If the offensive studs start clicking next game Toronto is moving on to the next round. Not that it matters in the big picture because Florida is going to wipe the mat with whoever they face in the 2nd round.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
On a side note, Trent god dam Frederic gives me nightmares whenever he's on the ice. I just expect him to score
Which shouldn’t be an issue for you since Montgomery only plays him around 12-13 minutes.

Pasta is so damn soft lol

I don’t know where the soft observation comes from based on this clip

Pastrnak hasn’t been very good this series. At all really.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

He comes up and sucker punches Rielly. Rielly turns around and he immediately finds a ref and hides. Knies pushes him and says i'm here if you want to do something and he backs away scared which makes Knies mock him as being the soft baby he is

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

His mother is a Mexican immigrant. He is half Mexican. He has family that lives in Mexico that he visits every year.

What an awful take.

And yes, whether it was intended or not, saying he got an upset stomach from eating tacos definitely has some specific undertones.

Thanks for sharing this . Learning the difference each star can make in the growth of the game is always a positive for hockey.

This is Bruin fan saying this about the biggest star on the Leaf's

Reactions: paul9kariya

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He comes up and sucker punches Rielly. Rielly turns around and he immediately finds a ref and hides. Knies pushes him and says i'm here if you want to do something and he backs away scared which makes Knies mock him as being the soft baby he is
Was that when Pastrnak was tied up with Knies and backed out of the pile trying to draw Knies away? I think at that point another Bruins and Leafs player got tangled up in there. I forget the details.

We just saw it differently I guess. Pastrnak hasn’t been good enough in this series, but I’m fine with that particular sequence

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Which shouldn’t be an issue for you since Montgomery only plays him around 12-13 minutes.

i saw that reading the Bruins board and that honestly surprised me a ton considering he looks dangerous whenever he's on the ice and obviously has three goals this series. does he play any PP? i get he plays 4th line so could be hard to find him some extra ice time, but at the same time how have they not tried him further up the lines

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i saw that reading the Bruins board and that honestly surprised me a ton considering he looks dangerous whenever he's on the ice and obviously has three goals this series. does he play any PP? i get he plays 4th line so could be hard to find him some extra ice time, but at the same time how have they not tried him further up the lines
He’s usually a middle six guy, not a ton of pp. Hes been super up and down and goes invisible often, but goals are goals. He deserves more TOI for sure.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
team loses- Blow it up, this team is garbage, coach is a dum ass!
team wins- this is the best hockey team ever assembled, we will never lose again!

repeat this after every win and loss
thats not true, many of us still want change no matter what happens. but Ill still support and cheer for them while they are in the playoffs. even if this team some how manages to beat Boston I still want change and I 100% want Keefe fired even if they some how win the cup. Samsonov can kick rocks

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Knees came up jawing at him and gave him a little push, and that makes him soft? Pasta isn't an enforcer. Seems like a big giant reach there.

Quit your crying bro

And Knies is?

I think he was trying to get Knies to take a penalty, which is why he backed off and told the others to follow.

Trying to get him to take a penatly aka hide behind the ref and flop if touched? IDK, being laughed at like that is soft. Knies isn't doing that to anyone in the Panthers or Canes top 6

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah, I'm mentally prepared for another Boston defeat, but for some reason I feel like Leafs are going to blow Boston out Game 6, chase Swayman etc.

Probably a very hot take.
The Bruins will either lose 8-2 or win 8-2. That's how they roll.
If I were GM I would trade Matt Gryz to the San Jose Sharks for sucking so hard in the playoffs as punishment

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Missing Justin Brazeau and Derek Forbort is not the same as missing Auston Mathews, Nylander and Bobby Mcmann

So there aren’t more teams in the playoffs?
& you know all the injuries Boston players are playing through?

The injury excuse in the post season is just too weak. Every team is dealing with injuries, no player is 100%

Florida lost Bennett on game 2 and did it stop them at all?

Reactions: Barnum and Kerberos

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The Leafs desperately need a defenceman that can shoot. Boston is taking full advantage of that.

You can't really set anyone up better than Nylander did on this play:

Nylander goes around 3 guys and gets the puck to the open man... and he takes a muffin that misses the net with no traffic

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
And Knies is?
He layed a gentle push on Pasta and you flex like he's Probert. It's really a nothing play at the whistle between 2 players in a playoff game, but you can keep making something out of it if you want, sure.

It's obvious Pasta said or did something to get under his skin judging by his reaction. Likely just trying to draw a penalty. Knees could have been doing the same. Taking Boston's biggest scoring threat off the ice for 2 minutes would be a good game plan

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Missing Justin Brazeau and Derek Forbort is not the same as missing Auston Mathews, Nylander and Bobby Mcmann
Vancouver is down to their 3rd string goalie a with like 8 games of NHL experience and doing just fine

Colorado has had injury issues and mopped the floor with Winnipeg

Strangle

May 4, 2009
So there aren’t more teams in the playoffs?
& you know all the injuries Boston players are playing through?

The injury excuse in the post season is just too weak. Every team is dealing with injuries, no player is 100%

Florida lost Bennett on game 2 and did it stop them at all?

Well, bennet is dog shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad