Player Discussion Tim Stützle - LW/C - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Brrrruce!

Its interesting he's declining playing for Germany because of lingering issues with his hand and I kind of wonder if he's more than just a little banged up. Great that Mannheim is letting him train and use their facilities in the offseason. Hoping he comes back next season fully healthy and feeling a lot stronger.

Reactions: Yak and DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Its interesting he's declining playing for Germany because of lingering issues with his hand and I kind of wonder if he's more than just a little banged up. Great that Mannheim is letting him train and use their facilities in the offseason. Hoping he comes back next season fully healthy and feeling a lot stronger.

Sounds like it’s also because he wants to focus on getting stronger and ready for next season which is great to see. Kid sounds determined to maximize his potential.

If he did what he did this year with lingering hand issues and comes back stronger and 100% healthy next season, we’re in for a treat.

I must be watching different games then some of you guys. Stutzle continues to impress me every game. There are some “junior” elements to his game he needs to work out, but every game he continues to find a way to be a scoring threat. He’s also very good on the forecheck for a kid that just turned 19.

I agree, like @ReginKarlssonLehner said, he’s just missing strength. You see him try some of the moves he made at the WJC and he just doesn’t have the strength and gets pushed off the puck or loses his balance.

Once he gets stronger and better balance I think we’ll see him get low and use his leverage/body more to protect the puck in tight turns and to turn the corner on guys. He looked amazing at that at the WJC. That little extra strength will allow him to shake off opponents and create way more space for himself in the offensive zone and we know what he can do with a little time and space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emrasie

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Seeing Habs nation now saying KK should play wing because he can’t handle playing C - leave Stuz on the wing for now. Let him be at his best as opposed to filling the needs of the team and not reaching his full potential. KK isn’t developing because he’s overwhelmed. I’d happily take a productive LW over a stunted C because the GM wanted a C and is forcing it

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Seeing Habs nation now saying KK should play wing because he can’t handle playing C - leave Stuz on the wing for now. Let him be at his best as opposed to filling the needs of the team and not reaching his full potential. KK isn’t developing because he’s overwhelmed. I’d happily take a productive LW over a stunted C because the GM wanted a C and is forcing it
Kotkaniemi is probably stunted because of more reasons than playing C too early. A big issue is probably the bouncing around from C to Wing.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Kotkaniemi is probably stunted because of more reasons than playing C too early. A big issue is probably the bouncing around from C to Wing.

And the support Pinto give Stuz, always ready for a pass, commends his space and nice hands in the blueprint. Stuz doesn’t even have to worry about all the aspects of being a young C. KK doesn’t even have a winger who can support him

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
And the support Pinto give Stuz, always ready for a pass, commends his space and nice hands in the blueprint. Stuz doesn’t even have to worry about all the aspects of being a young C. KK doesn’t even have a winger who can support him
If kotkaniemi became available for trade I would be interested.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If kotkaniemi became available for trade I would be interested.

Personally I don't think he's going to amount to much.

Middling centre of which we have many.

Every centre in Montreal becomes the real deal for awhile until they don't.

Galchenyuk, Eller, Poehling.

Toffoli, Suzuki, Petry and maybe Caufield are the only players worth acquiring and I suspect the price would be too high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Toffoli, Suzuki, Petry and maybe Caufield are the only players worth acquiring and I suspect the price would be too high.
Well those players won’t even be available

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Is he stunted? or just not that good?

Iirc he was ranked around 10th but was the highest ranked C and Montreal drafted for need. He may simply not be that good

Reactions: Tuna99

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

The rumour is that we were interested in Toffoli but he chose MTL. So we reverted to plan B which was Dadonov. Too bad, he would have looked way better here than Dadonov.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The rumour is that we were interested in Toffoli but he chose MTL. So we reverted to plan B which was Dadonov. Too bad, he would have looked way better here than Dadonov.
What’s funny is Dadonov was the plan A for Bergevin and us ours plan B was Toffoli

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is he stunted? or just not that good?

Iirc he was ranked around 10th but was the highest ranked C and Montreal drafted for need. He may simply not be that good
He skyrocketed up everyone’s bird by the time of the draft i don’t think many were surprised he went where he did. Apparently it was a toss up between he and Zadina for Mann if Habs selected tkatchuk

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Agreed, Ottawa doesn't need to move Stutzle anymore, Pinto has filled that 2nd line centre void quite nicely & playing with Stutzle & C. Brown have created another very good top six line.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
E06Yp1qXIAAJd6s

R2010

May 23, 2011
He skyrocketed up everyone’s bird by the time of the draft i don’t think many were surprised he went where he did. Apparently it was a toss up between he and Zadina for Mann if Habs selected tkatchuk

Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad