Player Discussion Tim Stützle - LW/C - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I feel like you're worried about people worried about Timmy more than people are actually worried about Timmy lol.

I'd seen enough on here as well as social media platforms that I felt the post was justified.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Interesting interview with Stuetzle. He mentions the need to be stronger over and over

Ottawa Sun: GARRIOCH ONE-ON-ONE: Tim Stuetzle determined to come back stronger with his rookie season almost in the books.
GARRIOCH ONE-ON-ONE: Tim Stuetzle determined to come back stronger with his rookie season almost in the books | Ottawa Sun

Interesting that the Sens are planning to keep him at wing next season as well, or maybe Garrioch speculating - curious what their long-term plan is with this winger/centre experiment!

Either way, feel like Stützle is gonna look like a different player next year. Exciting times!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Interesting interview with Stuetzle. He mentions the need to be stronger over and over

Ottawa Sun: GARRIOCH ONE-ON-ONE: Tim Stuetzle determined to come back stronger with his rookie season almost in the books.
GARRIOCH ONE-ON-ONE: Tim Stuetzle determined to come back stronger with his rookie season almost in the books | Ottawa Sun

Saying all the right things is easy but there's something about him that makes me believe it more than other players. He shows a competitiveness and desire to win that maybe some others don't.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Saying all the right things is easy but there's something about him that makes me believe it more than other players. He shows a competitiveness and desire to win that maybe some others don't.

I completely agree

The NHL is the world's best league and I'm sure he thought he was ready to go. He's had a decent first year, but i suspect he's going to go crazy in the gym, he just seems to have the drive. I think we have a real good one on our hands.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think the second half of this season has been a tad disappointing for Stutzle but I do have to keep reminding myself this is a guy who turned 19 only a few months ago.

He needs to get much, much stronger both physically and on the puck.

I also think he needs to watch a lot of video re: his play in the defensive end. He definitely floats and is looking for the breakout too much.

The thing I like about Tim though is he lives and breathes hockey. I get the same vibe from him that I did from EK when he was young where they get visibly angry at themselves when they aren't perfect.

Here's hoping he explodes next year for us. I see him as a winger long-term.

His season turned when he was moved to White’s line.... as does every players.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
His season turned when he was moved to White’s line.... as does every players.

I think his season turned as the games started piling up

At this point I think Stuetzle and Dandanov are having a negative impact on White. They're not making plays

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think his season turned as the games started piling up

At this point I think Stuetzle and Dandanov are having a negative impact on White. They're not making plays

Stutzle and Dadonov have picked up points in their limited time away White the past while.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I know this has been discussed to death but I hope Timmy can get some games at center next year

He will. People forget that MacKinnon, Giroux, Drai, they all broke into the NHL on the W for a full season or more. He'll get there. His game too good not to transition. What has me convinced is he attacks the middle on many rush plays that you rarely see from wingers on a similar basis. Only way I see him sticking on the wing is if someone like Pinto or a trade, or draft pick makes us too good down the middle that we don't have to worry about Stutzle there for time being.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm just not seeing the "superstar" potential here.. At his peak I can see him becoming something like a William Nylander type player, but that's it. I personally think that he would get totally crushed at centre.

All things considered his play has been pretty bad since the start of March. He is way too predictable offensively. He passes when there's 3 bodies between him and his man, and shoots typically right on a crest or straight on a defender. He gets stripped of the puck way to easily since you can pretty much telegraph his movements in the offensive zone (drive in, stop, fake as though you'll reserve then continue on) etc. One thing I noticed is that he respects his teammates way too much, and will prioritize feeding them over taking a shot. The other day he had a clear shooting lane but chose instead to pass behind his legs to Chabot behind him who was totally surprised by the pass and ended up giving up the puck. While watching the play I predicted that Stutzle will pass as he tends to bend to the pressure of his teammates. Funny enough though, this only started after he had that highlight reel pass to Drake against the Leafs. After this, he started prioritizing making a pass which began his decline.. Look at how much of a non factor he is on any given night where we put up many goals. It seems like the team can produce offense just fine without any help from Stu, which I'm finding pretty surprising in all honesty.

We all know his defensive issues. Overall, unless he comes out a different player next year, I'm thinking that we have ourselves a Nylander type winger, which isn't too bad all things considered. Would one consider Nylander a "superstar".. I'm not sure..

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm just not seeing the "superstar" potential here.. At his peak I can see him becoming something like a William Nylander type player, but that's it. I personally think that he would get totally crushed at centre.

All things considered his play has been pretty bad since the start of March. He is way too predictable offensively. He passes when there's 3 bodies between him and his man, and shoots typically right on a crest or straight on a defender. He gets stripped of the puck way to easily since you can pretty much telegraph his movements in the offensive zone (drive in, stop, fake as though you'll reserve then continue on) etc. One thing I noticed is that he respects his teammates way too much, and will prioritize feeding them over taking a shot. The other day he had a clear shooting lane but chose instead to pass behind his legs to Chabot behind him who was totally surprised by the pass and ended up giving up the puck. While watching the play I predicted that Stutzle will pass as he tends to bend to the pressure of his teammates. Funny enough though, this only started after he had that highlight reel pass to Drake against the Leafs. After this, he started prioritizing making a pass which began his decline..

We all know his defensive issues. Overall, unless he comes out a different player next year, I'm thinking that we have ourselves a Nylander type winger, which isn't too bad all things considered. Would one consider Nylander a "superstar".. I'm not sure..

I don't see the Nylander comparison at all, not in productivity or style.

Stuetzle is just gassed after a long season. It happens to rookies and he's just 19.

Nylander wasn't a full time NHLer until his d+3 year. I think Timmy has lots of time for improvement between now and then.

Reactions: NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I must be watching different games then some of you guys. Stutzle continues to impress me every game. There are some “junior” elements to his game he needs to work out, but every game he continues to find a way to be a scoring threat. He’s also very good on the forecheck for a kid that just turned 19.

his size and how he takes up space impresses me the most.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

All things considered his play has been pretty bad since the start of March. He is way too predictable offensively. He passes when there's 3 bodies between him and his man, and shoots typically right on a crest or straight on a defender. He gets stripped of the puck way to easily since you can pretty much telegraph his movements in the offensive zone (drive in, stop, fake as though you'll reserve then continue on) etc. One thing I noticed is that he respects his teammates way too much, and will prioritize feeding them over taking a shot. The other day he had a clear shooting lane but chose instead to pass behind his legs to Chabot behind him who was totally surprised by the pass and ended up giving up the puck. While watching the play I predicted that Stutzle will pass as he tends to bend to the pressure of his teammates. Funny enough though, this only started after he had that highlight reel pass to Drake against the Leafs. After this, he started prioritizing making a pass which began his decline.. Look at how much of a non factor he is on any given night where we put up many goals. It seems like the team can produce offense just fine without any help from Stu, which I'm finding pretty surprising in all honesty.

As good as Norris is he just turned 22 ... Stutzle is 19.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Stützle has a big development curve ahead of him, his first nhl season is a compressed one right after playing a WJC that’s going to be hard for anyone. Still did better than fellow countrymen Leon in his rookie year and his producing around what other recent first overalls are doing in their rookie / D+2 years. When Stützles man strength kicks in everyone is gonna laugh at this post

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

The only thing he really needs to work on, aside from accumulating experience. A stronger Stutzle will be the same impact we saw him have on his peers in the WJC. Unstoppable.

I am fully expecting him to do what Stamkos did after scoring similar PPG in his rookie season and realizing strength is the only obstacle left to stardom.

Respectfully, your takes are abysmal. Stutzle posted the best stats for u18 player ever in German league. He won best forward in a tourney that had Zegras and Cozens posting numbers that broke records. He is .5 PPG in his 18-19 year old season. He is significantly more physical than Nylander, way better defensive at the same age. Stutzle excudes superstar potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad