Player Discussion Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Stützle is amazing. He just turned 19 and has so many flashes of brilliance each game. It makes me really miss getting to go to live hockey.

He’s absolutely magic on the PP. I really think our power play will be lethal sooner rather than later. What’s that top unit, Stützle-Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson-Chabot? Their puck movement, creativity, movement is all top notch. When they all get on the same page, and improve as players of course, they’ll be clicking.
I wonder where Brannstrom fits into the PP

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I want Tim Stützle to play center ASAP. Timmy is more physically mature then Joe Sakic in his first NHL year and Tim could be compared with his skillset to this player. Tim will thrive at this position and it will help him with points production and he will drive his line.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We need to put him at center sooner rather than later. I don’t remmeber the last time there was this much clamor to have a guy at center who didn’t play center in his Draft year or in any wjc he played. Try him there now Becuase the longer this goes on the longer it’s been since he played any center.

I definitely do not see it though.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Definitely a good chance we got the best player in the draft.
Definitely, and chances are that the best player of this draft was drafted late as there was so much talent. It could be that there again is a Draisaitl or Pastrnak somewhere in the first round, the top 8 picks were filled with so much quality that all of them in different years would have been contending for pick 2-3.

We will see in 4-5 years who is the best player, but not after 20 games in a difficult season.
I will just enjoy the Jimmy show.

Reactions: cudi

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You know that if they moved him to centre they could create another decent line with speed by calling up Formenton to take his spot at LW. Oh wait, they called up Anisimov instead ahhhhhhh!

Tkachuk - Norris - C. Brown
Formenton - Stutzle - Batherson
Paul - White - Dadonov

Reactions: Viletho and Emrasie

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Its time to me to give him an opportunity at C.

We have nothing to lose by doing so. If he really struggles we know that he is on a elite winger trajectory.

Id like to keep him with Batherson as they have good chemistry. I really want to put Brady with him but Norris deserves someone as well.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
IMO they should keep him on the wing for the rest of the season. Let him get used to the pace of the NHL, rack up some points on the PP and build his confidence. Next season he'll have a year under his belt and an additional off-season to get stronger and he can worry about face-offs and defensive responsibilities at that point.

I will concede that my take on Stutzle should come with a grain of salt because I was in the camp of sending him back to Germany for the year to insulate him from losing, and that was clearly the wrong idea.

But in this case I don't really understand what the rush is to get him at C. This season is a write off anyway in terms of the team's success.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
I too would like to see him at C eventually but I think they're making the right decision by keeping him on the wing for now until he develops more of a defensive game. No need to rush anything, this season is already a write-off.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
IMO they should keep him on the wing for the rest of the season. Let him get used to the pace of the NHL, rack up some points on the PP and build his confidence. Next season he'll have a year under his belt and an additional off-season to get stronger and he can worry about face-offs and defensive responsibilities at that point.

I will concede that my take on Stutzle should come with a grain of salt because I was in the camp of sending him back to Germany for the year to insulate him from losing, and that was clearly the wrong idea.

But in this case I don't really understand what the rush is to get him at C. This season is a write off anyway in terms of the team's success.

He's clearly adapted well to NHL place though. And I think it would be better that he at least get some experience at C so he knows what to work on going into the offseason.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Its time to me to give him an opportunity at C.

We have nothing to lose by doing so. If he really struggles we know that he is on a elite winger trajectory.

Id like to keep him with Batherson as they have good chemistry. I really want to put Brady with him but Norris deserves someone as well.

I'd give Brown a shot first before moving Stutzle over, but if Brown is traded or struggles and gets sent down, it definitely makes sense.

Should find out before the end of the season if he projects more as a winger or a center. Should effect the type of player we go after in the off-season (eg. M.Tkachuk if he's going to be a center or Eichel if he's going to stick on the wing).

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
As much as I believe Stutzle is adapting well and I would like to see how he can be at center, now is not the time. Let him continue to gain confidence and learn the NHL game. As good as he has looked, it has only been 20 games.

He should be moved to center at the beginning of a season when he can have the advantage of a full training camp to learn the systems and the details. He doesn't need the added responsibility right now and it won't really gain much for the organization this season. Actually think it could hurt more than it could benefit this season.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I like Stu on the wing, He’s really good at playing the perimeter and his defensive deficiencies aren’t as noticeable on the wing.

He reminds me so much of Patrick Kane and Kane likely wouldn’t be the same player at C. Ottawa might want to look into transitioning Brady to centre to play with Jimmy as his game seems better suited at centre.

Reactions: Deku and aragorn

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Last few games I have seen him cut from the wing to the middle. You can tell he has the ability and skill but not the strength yet. He’ll transition over soon, smart move by DJ to let him focus on his skill game and defensive positioning before taking over as our valuable future franchise C.

Reactions: Senscore

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I like Stu on the wing, He’s really good at playing the perimeter and his defensive deficiencies aren’t as noticeable on the wing.

He reminds me so much of Patrick Kane and Kane likely wouldn’t be the same player at C. Ottawa might want to look into transitioning Brady to centre to play with Jimmy as his game seems better suited at centre.

Well white is looking good
Norris looks like his floor is third line center
Tierney is still there
With Brown and pinto on the way I am not sure they need to force Jimmy over
Then you wonder who they draft next, that could be a star center.
The wing depth in the system is...meh

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder where Brannstrom fits into the PP

Probably could QB the 2nd unit PP.

I've been thinking this as well, if L. Brown doesn't work out, but I really like Brady with Norris. I've been pushing Paul at centre given he played centre throughout his junior career. I would really like to see L. Brown get over whatever the hell it is keeping him out of the NHL so we could see if he could be a difference maker in this league & on this team. If he sucks, so be it & we move on but give him a damn chance already. Hopefully, both Pinto & Formenton turn into good players for this team too.

Reactions: Leaves34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille