Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C-LW Adler Mannheim DEL

• Center

• Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Never thought we'd sign Sokolov before Timmy.

What do you folks think the odds are that he plays in Germany for the whole season?

I'm not surprised. One player is injured and under contract overseas, the other is training in Canada and doesn't have an existing pro contract. It's not as if there's more desire to sign Sokolov.

I think the chances are low, but it's possible. He's stated numerous times that he wants to be in Ottawa, and the Sens have been clear that they believe that he can play in the NHL right away. It would be unusual for Mannheim to hold him hostage when his desire is to be in Ottawa.

Reactions: Bileur and Xspyrit

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I'm not surprised. One player is injured and under contract overseas, the other is training in Canada and doesn't have an existing pro contract. It's not as if there's more desire to sign Sokolov.

I think the chances are low, but it's possible. He's stated numerous times that he wants to be in Ottawa, and the Sens have been clear that they believe that he can play in the NHL right away. It would be unusual for Mannheim to hold him hostage when his desire is to be in Ottawa.

I don’t know ... where do we expect TS to slide into the org at 18 with the following potential LW’s.

1. Brady
2. Norris/Brown
3. Paul
4. Gal
5. Formenton
6. Balcers

All 6 of these guys are probably further ahead of TS developmental wise. I think the challenge will come down to what the Mannheim expects if he doesn’t make the NHL.

Do the Sens want to burn an ELC on TS in a 48 game season when they have more developed players or prospects. When is the DEL season finished vs the start/end of the eventual NHL season?

Reactions: aragorn

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I don’t know ... where do we expect TS to slide into the org at 18 with the following potential LW’s.

1. Brady
2. Norris/Brown
3. Paul
4. Gal
5. Formenton
6. Balcers

All 6 of these guys are probably further ahead of TS developmental wise. I think the challenge will come down to what the Mannheim expects if he doesn’t make the NHL.

Do the Sens want to burn an ELC on TS in a 48 game season when they have more developed players or prospects. When is the DEL season finished vs the start/end of the eventual NHL season?

I'll be disappointed if Tim Stuetzle can't provide more to the team than Rudolfs Balcers and Nick Paul.

I agree with your statement about Mannheim and where Timmy plays if he doesn't make the NHL With that said, Timmy clearly stated that he'd play in Belleville if the Senators wanted him to. I'd understand Mannheim not wanting to release him from his contract to play in the AHL, but it also seems unprecedented to me (for a non-Russian team) to hold a player hostage when they clearly want to play pro in North America.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'll be disappointed if Tim Stuetzle can't provide more to the team than Rudolfs Balcers and Nick Paul.

I agree with your statement about Mannheim and where Timmy plays if he doesn't make the NHL With that said, Timmy clearly stated that he'd play in Belleville if the Senators wanted him to. I'd understand Mannheim not wanting to release him from his contract to play in the AHL, but it also seems unprecedented to me (for a non-Russian team) to hold a player hostage when they clearly want to play pro in North America.
Lots of kids want to play in the NHL, it doesn't mean that they are ready though. It wouldn't hurt his development especially in this pandemic yr in a shortened season to stay in Germany for another yr, it's not going to make a difference for how Ottawa performs. It's the following yr where I expect him to come over & be more of the kind of player we all expect. Given the guys they have signed could also mean they don't see him staying here this yr. We'll see I guess.

Reactions: Sweatred and NB613

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Lots of kids want to play in the NHL, it doesn't mean that they are ready though. It wouldn't hurt his development especially in this pandemic yr in a shortened season to stay in Germany for another yr, it's not going to make a difference for how Ottawa performs. It's the following yr where I expect him to come over & be more of the kind of player we all expect. Given the guys they have signed could also mean they don't see him staying here this yr. We'll see I guess.

For sure, but it's not only the player that wants to play in the NHL, it's the team as well. The Sens have stated time and time again that they see him as an immediate NHL player and that they want him over here. Even Brucie continues to write about how he will sign and be in Ottawa this year.

I'm not opposed to him playing the year in Germany, I was just discussing what's happening from my point of view.

Reactions: aragorn and Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We're talking about the 3rd OA pick in a sick draft though, a guy that could even be a 1st OA pick in some other drafts. It didn't look like playing against men was much of a problem last year, even at 17 y/o. More than a year later, he should be ready even more

That being said, nothing will happen until we know exactly what goes on with NA pro hockey.

I wouldn't be mad if he plays the season in Germany rather than half a weird season in NA. In the end, it will be what he wants to do, which is probably make a lot of money as soon as possible, so it will be the NHL

Chances that he is not "ready" for the NHL are extremely low.

Very cool if he plays in the WJC, which seems very likely

Reactions: senswon and jhutter

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
We're talking about the 3rd OA pick in a sick draft though, a guy that could even be a 1st OA pick in some other drafts. It didn't look like playing against men was much of a problem last year, even at 17 y/o. More than a year later, he should be ready even more

That being said, nothing will happen until we know exactly what goes on with NA pro hockey.

I wouldn't be mad if he plays the season in Germany rather than half a weird season in NA. In the end, it will be what he wants to do, which is probably make a lot of money as soon as possible, so it will be the NHL

Simmer just said that he's almost 100% and will report to the German team on the 6th. Will be in Ottawa after the tournament, and although he hasn't been released yet, it's a formality.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Awesome news. I can't wait to watch this guy play.

Given his size and skating does he have the upside of someone like Jack Eichel?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Hell no. Eichel is arguably a top 5 center in the league.

Barzal is a good comparable IMO.

I tend to agree but I think Stu might be faster straight ahead than Barzal (like Eichel) and will ultimately be more Eichel's size than Barzal.

If he ends up as good as either I'll be thrilled, don't get me wrong.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
For sure, but it's not only the player that wants to play in the NHL, it's the team as well. The Sens have stated time and time again that they see him as an immediate NHL player and that they want him over here. Even Brucie continues to write about how he will sign and be in Ottawa this year.

I'm not opposed to him playing the year in Germany, I was just discussing what's happening from my point of view.

I agree with everything your saying - I’m going to be shocked if TS today is better than Formenton and Paul.

TS hasn’t even scored a goal at the WJc’s yet where those two guys lite (were set to) that level of play years ago. They both worked hard and developed a pro style physicality to their game. Gal is in their somewhere and Balcers etc.

Anyway, I can’t see TS making the team hear what the Sens are saying ... but I don’t know what we do with LW options like Norris/Brown, Form, Balcers etc. Those kids will get cranky soon.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I agree with everything your saying - I’m going to be shocked if TS today is better than Formenton and Paul.

TS hasn’t even scored a goal at the WJc’s yet where those two guys lite (were set to) that level of play years ago. They both worked hard and developed a pro style physicality to their game. Gal is in their somewhere and Balcers etc.

Anyway, I can’t see TS making the team hear what the Sens are saying ... but I don’t know what we do with LW options like Norris/Brown, Form, Balcers etc. Those kids will get cranky soon.
Norris and Brown are centres. They have been developing at centre their whole lives. They won’t play wing.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Norris and Brown are centres. They have been developing at centre their whole lives. They won’t play wing.

Norris is also a left winger. He played both last year in the AHL. Both players will play LW at some point in their careers and they are options at both C and LW.

If you move them to Center it’s the same issue at Center. If brown makes the team as a Center (which I doubt) Norris would be in consideration for LW.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Norris is also a left winger. He played both last year in the AHL. Both players will play LW at some point in their careers and they are options at both C and LW.

If you move them to Center it’s the same issue at Center. If brown makes the team as a Center (which I doubt) Norris would be in consideration for LW.
I’ll stand by my opinion that I doubt either Brown or Norris are moved to LW for any extended time maybe a game here and there. Our LW this year will likely be
Tkachuk
Stuetzle
Formenton/Galchenyuk
Paul.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Which draft would he go 1st overall. I think he would have went over Patrick and hischier for sure. Other than that though I’m not sure.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’ll stand by my opinion that I doubt either Brown or Norris are moved to LW for any extended time maybe a game here and there. Our LW this year will likely be
Tkachuk
Stuetzle
Formenton/Galchenyuk
Paul.

I bet Norris plays some LW depending how C and injuries ply out.
Recall my point is based on TS playing ahead of other players. If your lines hold true

Form, 1 of Norris/Brown, and Balcers are prob in the minors and they may be closer to NHL players than 18 year old TS. It goes against healthy competition.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

Stuetzle was playing on the ninth place team, and was one of the most dynamic players in the tournament. Neither Paul nor Formenton played in the WJCs at 18, so I don't really understand your argument.

Also, no one in their right mind would give two *hits whether Balcers or Paul became "cranky" if Stuetzle took their spot. They'll be 24 and 25 this season respectively, and are spare parts compared to the 30A pillar of the rebuild.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I bet Norris plays some LW depending how C and injuries ply out.
Recall my point is based on TS playing ahead of other players. If your lines hold true

Form, 1 of Norris/Brown, and Balcers are prob in the minors and they may be closer to NHL players than 18 year old TS. It goes against healthy competition.
Pretty sure Stuetzle is as ready as the players you mentioned.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stuetzle was playing on the ninth place team, and was one of the most dynamic players in the tournament. Neither Paul nor Formenton played in the WJCs at 18, so I don't really understand your argument.

Also, no one in their right mind would give two *hits whether Balcers or Paul became "cranky" if Stuetzle took their spot. They'll be 24 and 25 this season respectively, and are spare parts compared to the 30A pillar of the rebuild.
How old was Formenton when he played at the WJC?

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
How old was Formenton when he played at the WJC?

Ah, he was 18. Was injured for his 19 year old tournament. My point still stands that it's difficult to compare stats from a player playing on a bottom feeder to a player playing for a perennial gold medal favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille