Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C-LW Adler Mannheim DEL

• Center

• Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
No need to drag down Byfield just because we didn’t get him. Pathetic.

How is that "dragging down"? I was concerned about Byfield's pace and intensity prior to the draft, and was ecstatic to draft Timmy. My favourite team drafted my favourite available prospect. I'm going to enjoy it, thank you very much.

I also have a very, very difficult time imagining that Quinton Byfield is on here looking at what us scrubs are saying about him. I hope you label any negative talk about other players as being "pathetic".

Reactions: DJB

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Coming from one of Byfield's biggest fans out there, it's pretty damn silly to be doubting him after just one scrimmage....

Having said that, I wont be making any excuses for him out there at this years WJC tournament. And anything less than a completely dominant performance out there (during actual play) will bring some well justified criticism down on him.

There are no more excuses, and he should be in a class above his peers if he really is the player that we (his fans) hope that he is.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No need to drag down Byfield just because we didn’t get him. Pathetic.
Some people were pretty clear they prefered Stuetzle prior to the draft so i don't think you can really assume they are critical of Byfield now because we didn't get him, though i do think it's way too early to be taking a victory lap on Stuetzle vs Byfield.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Coming from one of Byfield's biggest fans out there, it's pretty damn silly to be doubting him after just one scrimmage....

Having said that, I wont be making any excuses for him out there at this years WJC tournament. And anything less than a completely dominant performance out there (during actual play) will bring some well justified criticism down on him.

There are no more excuses, and he should be in a class above his peers if he really is the player that we (his fans) hope that he is.

Especially in a situation where he hasn't played real hockey in 8 months.

Reactions: Masked

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Amazing that we won the draft after one scrimmage.
We won the draft on draft day actually, when we picked the best player available...who happened to be better all around than the guy picked ahead of him. (prediction;))

Reactions: Sweatred

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just thinking out loud lol

What if... we end up with the best forward AND best D-man of the 2020 draft?

Heck, I have a hard time seeing Lafreniere letting that happen but you never know, crazier things happened. I'd be very happy with "2nd best"

It's already a guarantee we have drafted the future best goalie. Let's hope for the rest.

Quinton can’t spell “intense”. I was delighted when Timmy “fell” to Ottawa at #3.

Quinton Byfield is like a version of a more talented Logan Brown, like the tier above. He might end up putting it all together and be a monster or "just" be a super skilled player that often leave you wanting more. The guys like Kovalev, Spezza, Ryan, etc.

If you're not a fan of that type of players, you might not be a big Byfield fan.

I wouldn't have been "mad" at all if Byfield fell to us but really wanted to have a Timmy-like prospect and future Ottawa star player.

How is that "dragging down"? I was concerned about Byfield's pace and intensity prior to the draft, and was ecstatic to draft Timmy. My favourite team drafted my favourite available prospect. I'm going to enjoy it, thank you very much.

I also have a very, very difficult time imagining that Quinton Byfield is on here looking at what us scrubs are saying about him. I hope you label any negative talk about other players as being "pathetic".

There's nothing wrong about criticizing his play, highlighting his weaknesses, etc. For me, it's always been as long as it is not about the race/looks/mental abilities/etc, then all fine. Calling him a stupid n**** or something would really piss me off though (as he would for him too). He has exactly the same origins as my brothers-in-law

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Just thinking out loud lol

What if... we end up with the best forward AND best D-man of the 2020 draft?

Heck, I have a hard time seeing Lafreniere letting that happen but you never know, crazier things happened. I'd be very happy with "2nd best"

It's already a guarantee we have drafted the future best goalie. Let's hope for the rest.

Quinton Byfield is like a version of a more talented Logan Brown, like the tier above. He might end up putting it all together and be a monster or "just" be a super skilled player that often leave you wanting more. The guys like Kovalev, Spezza, Ryan, etc.

If you're not a fan of that type of players, you might not be a big Byfield fan.

I wouldn't have been "mad" at all if Byfield fell to us but really wanted to have a Timmy-like prospect and future Ottawa star player.

There's nothing wrong about criticizing his play, highlighting his weaknesses, etc. For me, it's always been as long as it is not about the race/looks/mental abilities/etc, then all fine. Calling him a stupid n**** or something would really piss me off though (as he would for him too). He has exactly the same origins as my brothers-in-law

I would certainly hope that no one is criticizing him for any of that nonsense. I would also hope that FormentonTheFuture isn't insinuating that myself or others are doing that.

The lad is 6 foot 4, handsome, and set to be worth $80m+ while living in Los Angeles. I think he's going to be just fine fine in life, despite several Sens fans making online comments about preferring a different player over him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If byfield turns out to be spezza that’s massive. I don’t know if stutzle will be a spezza caliber player.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

I didn’t say anything about Byfield reading the comments. Feel free to say whatever you want, but the comments would not be made if we got him at #3

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don't understand. Professional scouts and a professional GM picked Quinton Byfield ahead of Tim Stuetzle. That means he's better right?

This is all getting so confusing.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I didn’t say anything about Byfield reading the comments. Feel free to say whatever you want, but the comments would not be made if we got him at #3

I disagree. You're acting as though every person on here preferred Byfield over Stuetzle. I've been on the Stuetzle train for almost a year. I think that the (fairly significant) group of Stuetzle supporters would've been critical of Byfield after reading the article even if he had been selected at #3.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This board is all over Lassi for what people perceive as a step backwards, of course Byfield’s play would be discussed.... It would light up if he had a hat trick too.

Reactions: TheDebater

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
What scared me most about Byfield was his repeated use of "you know" during his interviews.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Byfield will be fine.

It is concerning that he's failed to step up at every single international best on best thus far, but I wouldn't be concerned about this year's until he actually doesn't impress at the actual tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I expect Byfield will struggle to meet the massive expectations placed on him for years, but one day will figure out how to use his tools to his advantage and become the big #1 center every team covets. Sort of like Zibanejad.

Wouldn't proclaim Stutzle as the better pick just yet. Entirely possible he ends up better, but that question will be answered 5+ years down the road, not months after the draft.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Despite that catastrophic scrimmage performance that nearly derailed his career, I wouldn't worry about Byfield...

The world juniors this year is set up well for him to thrive. He's insulated with Dach taking #1C and the round robin stage doesn't see Canada face any threat with the exception of Finland. He can grow throughout the tournament as the competition grows more and more.

That being said, I am beyond excited to see what Stutzle (if he's okay) can do with Peterka, Reichel, and Seider.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Despite that catastrophic scrimmage performance that nearly derailed his career, I wouldn't worry about Byfield...

The world juniors this year is set up well for him to thrive. He's insulated with Dach taking #1C and the round robin stage doesn't see Canada face any threat with the exception of Finland. He can grow throughout the tournament as the competition grows more and more.

That being said, I am beyond excited to see what Stutzle (if he's okay) can do with Peterka, Reichel, and Seider.

No Seider at this year's tournament, unfortunately. Big losing Bokk and Seider from last year, but the trio will be improved by a year.

Reactions: Shruggs Peterson

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Listened to that good locked on senators podcast interview. Stützle sounded like a vet, with a bit of giggles Spezza tossed in.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
In terms of maturity, I personally think Stuetzle is way ahead of Byfield (As of right now) Byfield will get there eventually.

I do think Byfield will be a great player. He will be a later bloomer tho.

When it came to picking between Byfield and Stuetzle, I wanted Stuetzle because he possesses a skill set we had absolutely zero of.

Im counting down the days until I see Stuetzle at the world juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad