Tie Domi on his son Max playing with Montreal

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
You mean because they speak French? You know what sucks? American rednecks with their racism and gun laws. Ohhh talk about generalizing.

Has nothing to do with what I am trying to get at. Has everything to do with being favored by having French Canadian roots when it comes to being apart of that team.

French Canadian coach, multiple French Canadian players etc. when they went shopping for a coach ownership wanted French Canadian. Players, French Canadian. Learn how to speak French if you want to play here. They shove it down your throat when you enter that orginazation

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
You're wrong. Mecca isn't the biggest city in the Arab world but it is the most iconic.

Montreal is where the organized professional started. It is where the NHA and NHL were created. It is where the oldest franchise with the most history and the best players in history reside in.

Montreal is the Mecca of hockey. Toronto is the biggest city, not the Mecca.

I get that. I do. But in hf terms, Mecca is speaking of the more superior organization. More or less who’s dick is bigger than who’s.

Nov 24, 2006
Yeah it came off harsher than I meant it, but those definitely aren't real players. I can see why it would be so confusing to play in Arizona as a young guy
Player: "Man, I can't wait to get on the ice with Datsyuk, Pronger, and Hossa. Coach, who do I get to play with?"

Coach: "Ummm..."

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Has nothing to do with what I am trying to get at. Has everything to do with being favored by having French Canadian roots when it comes to being apart of that team.

French Canadian coach, multiple French Canadian players etc. when they went shopping for a coach ownership wanted French Canadian. Players, French Canadian. Learn how to speak French if you want to play here. They shove it down your throat when you enter that orginazation

You mean the three French players on the team?

Also literally no player in my lifetime that did not speak French before coming to Montreal, ended up being fluent in the language.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Well Montreal is the vatican of hockey in Canada, of the hockey world in fact. Russian players used to even comment on wanting to play for them. There is no place quite like it. It's the Yankees of hockey. The history, the passion, the knowledge of the fans.

All you have to do is go to a game at the Bell Center on a Saturday night to know this. So I do get what Tie is saying. It sounds disrespectful, but really you would have a hard time finding another organization with the history, and championships the Habs have won.

for foreigner all this sounds silly. there is no difference if league is the same, for playing team or another it's same

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
the irony is that Montreal is as good or as bad as Arizona based on last years final standings, but yea, he does have a point. Montreal is one hell of a market.

Arizona won their division twice in the last 4 seasons? They also finnish 2nd in the NHL in the last 4 years?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
That is why I was happy with Max coming here. I thought he either will go "dammit, I hate the Habs!" or go "dammit finally I go a real place to play hockey". Cause his dad knew it from playing in Toronto. He really is the perfect player to play here. And why the leadership has been off the hook this year with the Habs. You have real players with balls.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
He’s not wrong. People are delusional if they think Arionza is comparable to Montreal in regard to hockey value. One is the Mecca, and the other is on life-support.

Reactions: JJ68

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
at what point does Bettman pull the plug on Phoenix? They've been bleeding millions and millions of dollars for years. Experiment failed

My theory is that when he was in grade 3 and he and his friends were playing pretend you run the NHL that he made a bet that Arizona would be a terrific hockey market and now he just refuses to admit he was wrong.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.

Oh lord that is truly tragic indeed. How many english speakers do YOU have on your team, mister desert-hockey fan, and how much success has that brought to your franchise?

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Well Montreal is the vatican of hockey in Canada, of the hockey world in fact. Russian players used to even comment on wanting to play for them. There is no place quite like it. It's the Yankees of hockey. The history, the passion, the knowledge of the fans.

All you have to do is go to a game at the Bell Center on a Saturday night to know this. So I do get what Tie is saying. It sounds disrespectful, but really you would have a hard time finding another organization with the history, and championships the Habs have won.
It's a crime that Quebec doesn't have a team.

Reactions: Umbrella and JJ68

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Think of New York vs DC.
Toronto is to New York as Montreal is to DC. In this comparison Quebec City would be Philadelphia.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That is why I was happy with Max coming here. I thought he either will go "dammit, I hate the Habs!" or go "dammit finally I go a real place to play hockey". Cause his dad knew it from playing in Toronto. He really is the perfect player to play here. And why the leadership has been off the hook this year with the Habs. You have real players with balls.

I'm not a Habs fan and I hope Domi plays his entire career in Montreal. He's the kind of guy to adopt the city, like Chris Nilan did.

Reactions: Umbrella and JJ68

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ignorant comment.

The first 75 years more than backs up what I said.
Are you denying that the Habs have the richest history in the NHL? Key word here is History.
I obviously do not deny they have long history, but how much does a kid born in 1995 like Domi really care what happened before he was born?

Reactions: jgatie
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal is probably a great place to play when you're good, but there and Toronto are probably the last places you want to be when it's bad. Look what they did to Kessel, it wasn't his fault those teams weren't good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad