Tie Domi on his son Max playing with Montreal

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He sounds a little bitter that the team put Keller ahead of Domi pretty early on. That is honestly when Domi started to slide, the moment Keller was clearly superior. That being said, he's not wrong and no Coyote fan is likely to argue it. We are all sick of the Coyotes' situation.

Brownies

Montreal has the most overrated atmosphere in the league.
It’s been great except the last 2 years and the end of the 90’s. It’s starting to get back on track. The Bell Center was realy really wild in the Koivu-Markov-Kovalev-Souray era. Sour throat garanteed the next day. Bergevin lost the fans following the Subban trade.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
the irony is that Montreal is as good or as bad as Arizona based on last years final standings, but yea, he does have a point. Montreal is one hell of a market.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People crapping on Arizona need to make sure that they're placing that disrespect, and that's what it is so stop saying no disrespect when that's a lie, where it belongs. It's not on the people in the area. It's on the ownership that has been there the entire time making boneheaded decisions after boneheaded decisions that have cut the legs out of the franchise's chance to succeed there. Phoenix is not any different than any other place like Vegas or San Jose or Nashville. The difference is that the people that make the decisions made critically wrong decisions on where to play and the others didn't. If an owner had the money to build a downtown arena and invest into the team's payroll and tried to win, the fans would come like they do elsewhere.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
People crapping on Arizona need to make sure that they're placing that disrespect, and that's what it is so stop saying no disrespect when that's a lie, where it belongs. It's not on the people in the area. It's on the ownership that has been there the entire time making boneheaded decisions after boneheaded decisions that have cut the legs out of the franchise's chance to succeed there. Phoenix is not any different than any other place like Vegas or San Jose or Nashville. The difference is that the people that make the decisions made critically wrong decisions on where to play and the others didn't. If an owner had the money to build a downtown arena and invest into the team's payroll and tried to win, the fans would come like they do elsewhere.

Sounds like the Montreal Expos, except that Phoenix has been given a much longer leash by the league than Montreal ever did from Bud Selig.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Are you familiar with Tie Domi? His list of stupid comments and actions goes way, way back.

He's a guy whose name is an anagram for ME IDIOT whose professional career was getting punched.
I do... I'm just curious.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
When things are good playing in a market like MTL or Tor is awesome but when they go bad and if you are the player in the barrel that week its rough
I don't get why people are saying that... there will always be one or two players the media focus on because there needs to be a guilty person, but if the players gives a decent effort he won't get shit on. Also, losing should always be rough. If it isn't then your heart is probably not at the right place to have success in competitive sport!

Reactions: HabsQC

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Except for the players who are on the team. It seems nearly impossible to pry one away from the desert. I suspect that they would vote to keep the Coyotes around.
I don't know why players like OEL or Doan decided to sign there for so long... honestly, I question their willingness to win

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The Coyotes should have been moved to Houston or KC years ago, and now with Seattle coming in it makes even more sense for conference/division alignment.
As for Tie’s comment....it’s Tie Domi and it’s Arizona!

Reactions: HabsQC

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m a Coyotes fan. He’s not wrong. That said, he should really just shut up. His son is a grown man who has his own career. Him speaking to the media like this makes them both look terrible. Makes Tie look overly involved and Max overly dependent. It’s teally a bad look.

That said, the Coyotes are a joke. Can’t disagree with that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I live in Phoenix. The Coyotes are not a real team.

They were doomed the minute they agreed to move the team to Glendale. It's way way too far away to drive for a weekday game, and it's across town, including rush hour traffic, from most of the hockey fan base in the city. The arena itself is great but it's just not viable in that location. They need a new arena, but without fans showing up to games there's no strong support to build one. I fully expect the Coyotes to be gone within 3 years.
Truth. Glendale was THE critical mistake in twenty years of mistake after mistake. That was the worst one.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad