Tie Domi on his son Max playing with Montreal

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Eh, they technically produced Matthews who will likely generate enough money to make up for what Phoenix hemorrhages every year.

I think the Yotes could win 5 cups in a row, and still hemorrhage enough money to feed starving children all over the world.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I wonder what ticket revenues in Montreal vs. Arizona over the course of a season are? 5 times as much? More?

Arizona in not an NHL market. How many decades of failure will the NHL need to figure this no brainer out?

Last edited:
Reactions: dukeofjive

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
And it's not their fault the market is small.
It’s not really the market
When you’ve made the playoffs 4 times in 17 yrs in a league where over half the teams qualify every year, yr not a “real team”

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Shane Doan spent HIS ENTIRE career there.

Shane Doan is a cowboy lol he loves the ranch life. The Leafs or Habs could have offered him 1 billion dollars, and he would still rather ride his horse in the desert.

Reactions: amethyst

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Got out of the 1st round once in 21 years. Ouch.

He gave up a lot, but I get the sense he loved his life outside of hockey more, which I think is awesome. Can you imagine waking up everyday, on a ranch, play a kids game, great weather, and make millions lol

Mind you.... playoffs are awesome lol

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I live in Phoenix. The Coyotes are not a real team.

They were doomed the minute they agreed to move the team to Glendale. It's way way too far away to drive for a weekday game, and it's across town, including rush hour traffic, from most of the hockey fan base in the city. The arena itself is great but it's just not viable in that location. They need a new arena, but without fans showing up to games there's no strong support to build one. I fully expect the Coyotes to be gone within 3 years.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Be careful, HF Posters will berate you for speaking such facts.
There is a weird thing that goes on here where it's considered a huge sin to criticize the Coyotees. I don't quite get it. They are like that blacksheep son that never works and borrows money all the time.
It's even horrible if you dare not believe OEL is elite.

Reactions: Riddum and amethyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad