Tie Domi on his son Max playing with Montreal

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I don't get it. Why aren't all the other owners up in arms? They're the ones who have to pay for all of the losses.

I do not get it at all. This has been going on for 22 years. NFL will move franchises over nothing that are still making money.

The Coyotes poor revenues lower the salary cap. Only the richest teams and the players would want the Coyotes gone.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I do tend to think the NHLPA would completely want them moved.

Except for the players who are on the team. It seems nearly impossible to pry one away from the desert. I suspect that they would vote to keep the Coyotes around.

Reactions: Yawn

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
Would you say otherwise?

2kfd20.jpg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
As a Yankees fan, I've seen a number of guys who play well elsewhere and then bottom out in NY for whatever reason and some have left and played well again in a smaller market. Similarly, there have been guys that are better in pinstripes. I imagine for a kid from Canada growing up in hockey culture MTL carries a mystique, maybe even more so than TOR. To a US kid who maybe plays for a US college before turning pro it's probably not the same as for the Canadian kid to be drafted or traded to MTL.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
As a Yankees fan, I've seen a number of guys who play well elsewhere and then bottom out in NY for whatever reason and some have left and played well again in a smaller market. Similarly, there have been guys that are better in pinstripes. I imagine for a kid from Canada growing up in hockey culture MTL carries a mystique, maybe even more so than TOR. To a US kid who maybe plays for a US college before turning pro it's probably not the same as for the Canadian kid to be drafted or traded to MTL.
I think it depends. When you look at the way some people who grew up in and around Toronto talk about the Leafs or talk about how their fathers and grandfather's were Leafs fans, you can see why some players still have a passion for Toronto. I think Montreal still has that mystique of course but I don't think it's that far removed from how Canadian players think about Toronto.

Reactions: My3Sons

member 298589

Domi's an idiot and it doesn't fall far from the tree.
Thankfully he'll never be a Leaf.
I actually hope Max carves a good little career out for himself, but distances it from the less than intelligent nature of his fathers' actions. Hoping nothing like his Ekblad moment happens again any time soon.

Reactions: HabsQC

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Tie is correct, his son now plays on a real team in a real market. There are only 6 of them after all.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad