OT: Ticket thread 2022 - 2023 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Starting next season you will get the 1099k so use a spreadsheet to keep track of your sale prices and Ticketmaster fees. You will need that to account for your sales when you do your taxes. You need to track your selling price on each game, face value of the tickets, and Ticketmaster fees so that you can net it all out to only report and pay taxes on the profit amount (or loss). But a warning is that Ticketmaster gross sales reported on the 1099k seems to also include the fees that the buyer paid, which is wrong because you do not receive that fee. They refused to acknowledge that there was a problem with the gross that they reported. So you'll have to do some accounting to adjust the amounts.

Yes, it's as painful as it sounds. Don't take this as tax advice because I'm not sure that is the correct way to deal with the problem. If the IRS ever questions it through an unlikeley audit then I'll explain the reason for what I did and see what happens.
What I do -which my accountant loves from a record keeping standpoint and which eliminates any 1099k confusion since the 1099k overstates the true profit ( it doesn't take into account you had to spend money to initially procure the tickets)

anytime I sell tickets I take these steps

Make a hard copy of the sales confirmation
Record my cost basis ( eg STH season ticket price)
Calculate whether the transaction produced a profit or a loss
At year end total up all the transactions for an overall profit/loss
Add the 1099k ( assuming I receive one)
Send it all to my accountant with the summary page on top

a bit old school and clearly paper heavy but it also means I don't worry about the IRS and tax penalties

Reactions: Ladyfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Our reward for being a multi-year half season ticket holder in the loge is playoff seats two rows from the very top of the Balcony. We'll be selling most I think.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A guy i saw is try sell regular season tickets for $450 each.. I didn't even ask about the playoffs.
I could probably pay off my mortgage if I was willing to sell all of the playoff tickets.:sarcasm: I will not be selling any though as this is what I live for.

#1 on my life bucket list is to see the Bs win the cup on home ice. They had better hurry up as I am old and don't know how many more seasons, I can afford my ST and how many more years I can drive to and from NH for the games.

It is nuts.

I wish all REAL Bruins fans could attend as (unfortunately) many that can afford to purchase these playoff tickets are pink hats.

If I ever won a big lottery I would buy up a bunch of seats for the folks on the Bs HF. What fun we would have.

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Any season ticket holders doing select a seat today?

Got an email basically saying don't expect many available seats. I had spoken to my rep about possibility of moving from balcony to loge and he basically said if I keep my current tickets in balcony and ADD Loge seats he could do it but don't expect it to happen during select a seat, makes me wonder if they want to bring in new season ticket holders at higher prices in Loge.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Any season ticket holders doing select a seat today?

Got an email basically saying don't expect many available seats. I had spoken to my rep about possibility of moving from balcony to loge and he basically said if I keep my current tickets in balcony and ADD Loge seats he could do it but don't expect it to happen during select a seat, makes me wonder if they want to bring in new season ticket holders at higher prices in Loge.
I am not doing it.

Sure, they want to make more money, but I am pretty sure there is still a waiting list for ST so they will be able to sell any Loge seats.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
very slim pickings... way less than usual
There is NOTHING to speak of. My window opened at 12:00pm, and everything is worse then where we our in Row 6 of the balcony on the shoot 2X side, and there is nothing at all in the Loge except a single here and there or 3 seats on the glass (good for you if you can afford that.)

I think next year may be our last season. We love the B's, but it's getting harder and harder to hold on to the tickets.

Reactions: sarge88

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Just finished trying to upgrade, a few great upgrades to our 2 in row 5 balcony but all were 3 together and thats a no go because it leaves a single, called and emailed my rep and no answer yet but with all the single seats available I would think they could leave a single seat if someone tried hard enough. Kind of a joke overall, but boy those 18k a seat glass tickets I'm sure will sell!

Also, I went back in with about 5 minutes left in my timeslot and noticed even more triples were added, so maybe there are a ton of people with 3 seats? seemed like an odd amount to me, would think 2 or 4 would be the norm.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Just finished trying to upgrade, a few great upgrades to our 2 in row 5 balcony but all were 3 together and thats a no go because it leaves a single, called and emailed my rep and no answer yet but with all the single seats available I would think they could leave a single seat if someone tried hard enough. Kind of a joke overall, but boy those 18k a seat glass tickets I'm sure will sell!

Also, I went back in with about 5 minutes left in my timeslot and noticed even more triples were added, so maybe there are a ton of people with 3 seats? seemed like an odd amount to me, would think 2 or 4 would be the norm.
My experience has been people who had 3 tickets are families with one little one.

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Hi All,

I have 2 Tickets for Round 2, Game 2. I have to leave town on May 6th.

Just wondering if:
A) Do you think the game will be before May 6th?

If not:
B) Does anyone knows where I could possibly trade tickets? Game 1 for Game 2 so that I catch a game before I leave.

Last edited:

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Any clue when Game 2 Round 2 will be? I might have tickets to sell.

Where is the best place to sell tickets or should I return them to the Bruins?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Any clue when Game 2 Round 2 will be? I might have tickets to sell.

Where is the best place to sell tickets or should I return them to the Bruins?
Chances are that Round 2 will start the week of May 1 but there is no way to know now specifically when a Game 2 of that round will be played.

You can't return them to the Bruins, all ticket sales are final.

If you are selling at face value then you could post them here for sale. Otherwise Ticketmaster resale, Stubhub, Vivid Seats, Tickpick are the more popular sites to resell on. Bruins Reddit also has a marketplace thread where you could post the tickets for sale.

Last edited:

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
For those who renewed very early what do people think of the Bruins offering for the Heritage Hall Fan Foyer?

For those who don't know the offering is $1,000 for a puck in the Heritage Hall Display, one commemorative puck to take home, two tickets to a gala, and two tickets to a game. The offering is quite expensive with a lot of open questions which make the value hard to judge:

1. Where will the two tickets be and what game will they be for? Loge for a weekend game vs. balcony for a weeknight is quite a difference. They provide no details on this.

2. Where will Heritage Hall be located and how long will it last? They say it will remain up for "years to come" but what does that mean? If it is tucked in a corner somewhere or on the luxury box level where most of us will never see it then what is the point?

3. What is the gala all about? Will it be a nice event with players present with a nice meal or an event where they serve a buffet of hot dogs and chicken wings?

I'd like to split this with a fellow STH but it is also awkward because there is only one puck for us to get out of it.

I'm leaning no on this but have major FOMO as I likely won't be around for the 200th anniversary. It seems like the Bruins are trying to take advantage of this FOMO. The item is taxable too and there is no charity component mentioned. Are the 600 puck holders financing the cost of Heritage Hall?

Last edited:

nickyb

May 5, 2004
For those who renewed very early what do people think of the Bruins offering for the Heritage Hall Fan Foyer?

For those who don't know the offering is $1,000 for a puck in the Heritage Hall Display, one commemorative puck to take home, two tickets to a gala, and two tickets to a game. The offering is quite expensive with a lot of open questions which make the value hard to judge:

1. Where will the two tickets be and what game will they be for? Loge for a weekend game vs. balcony for a weeknight is quite a difference. They provide no details on this.

2. Where will Heritage Hall be located and how long will it last? They say it will remain up for "years to come" but what does that mean? If it is tucked in a corner somewhere or on the luxury box level where most of us will never see it then what is the point?

3. What is the gala all about? Will it be a nice event with players present with a nice meal or an event where they serve a buffet of hot dogs and chicken wings?

I'd like to split this with a fellow STH but it is also awkward because there is only one puck for us to get out of it.

I'm leaning no on this but have major FOMO as I likely won't be around for the 200th anniversary. It seems like the Bruins are trying to take advantage of this FOMO. The item is taxable too and there is no charity component mentioned. Are the 600 puck holders financing the cost of Heritage Hall?
I ended up purchasing yesterday, of course it is a bit of a price gauge by them but it is what it is.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007

Its another insanely priced rip off of the season ticket holders. IMO.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
Its another insanely priced rip off of the season ticket holders. IMO.
I tend to agree yet the FOMO I have might cause me to buy if I can split it with a buddy.

They still haven't had the Team Event they promised us this year too.

I really can't complain about the value of the season tickets this year but sports now is all about sucking every dollar out of people that you can and this 100th anniversary stuff just seems like another example. If they really valued STHs this would be about half the cost at most of the proceeds would be going to charity.

Reactions: OldScool

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
anyone interested in season tickets? I'm looking to give mine up permanently. You would become a season ticket holder, the tickets would be transferred over to your Bruins STH account, and you would be responsible for payments from now though December. My tickets are section 313, row 7. 2 tickets. $671.30 payment per month, so total of $6713. Roughly $76 per game per ticket. They would be your tickets forever, not just this one season. you would have the opportunity to renew next year too.

if interested PM me or better yet email me [email protected]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad