OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Honestly, mailings like this infuriate me. It's a total waste of money and resources. Granted, it's probably not THAT much money - they can't send out more than about 2,000 of those, right? So, 20 cents a pop means it's only $400. But you add in the time that someone had to put in to make and print those silly glossy things, and it's pretty unnecessary. I'm all for minimal technology, and have a lot of sympathy for folks who feel left behind because they're not smart-phone capable....but the Bruins abandoned them this year by eliminating hard tickets. Why not eliminate these silly mailings?

And, of course, they get the names wrong on the envelope. I mean, at least they didn't stuff the mailings with a ton of personal information...literally the only info I have is some other guy's name...and presumably, someone else has my name on their envelope. Oh, well. It did cause me to pop a quick email to my rep, because I wanted to make sure they had my name and address right...and he forwarded me the same correction email that you got.

From the balcony, Round 1 was VERY good last year, but that was 90% Toronto's doing. It wouldn't surprise me if it's cheaper to fly from Toronto and rent a room in Boston and buy a ticket in Boston than it would be to buy a ticket in Toronto. I saved quite a bit, and I'm pretty confident I could have sold for a good price.

I can see the issue with rounds 2 and 3 clearly, and basically agree with you. I "saved" $63 in round 2 for all 3 games, but if I'd sold the tickets, I would imagine that I would be near even or maybe a little negative for round 2, because selling tickets means getting screwed by fees. Round 3, I actually lost a bit of money, so I would have lost a good chunk in resale.

But I've definitely heard complaints about the Loge being ridiculously priced for playoffs. I'll have to remember that if I ever get tempted to move from my perch in the balcony.

Rounds 2 and 3 were with Columbus and Carolina which made reselling hard.

Boston is a 8-9 hour drive from Toronto and it was a cheaper option for Leafs fans.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Mine came in the mail yesterday with the wrong name. Yikes.

Mine came with my name (my maiden name) and a random guy's name.

My husband didn't see the email about the error yet and was like uuuhhhhh what?

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
Does anyone sit in the upper rows of loge 11 by chance?

I think those are my favorite seats in the house and I'm curious what the damage is for that location.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Loge seats for playoffs - for a pair:
Rd 1 - $278
Rd 2 - $422
Rd 3 - $558
Rd 4 - $830

Insane price gouging to the most loyal customers....

Reactions: northeastern

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
Are you close to the glass?

Thats higher than I would have guessed for shoot 1x side as well for playoff prices.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Loge seats for playoffs - for a pair:
Rd 1 - $278
Rd 2 - $422
Rd 3 - $558
Rd 4 - $830

Insane price gouging to the most loyal customers....

I had a talk with my ticket rep tonight before game. She said reason for huge finals price increase over last year is that they knew that the Columbus and Carolina series were hard to sell because of the teams involved. So they kept the other rounds at a lower price increase and hit the finals with the largest price increase.

Still insane prices but interesting to hear what went into it.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Heading down Thursday.

Just for the heck of it, I monitored prices for tonight on stubhub.

Prices are high, but in the half hour or so leading up to the game, they dropped like a rock.

$55 each after fees for decent balcony seats.

Reactions: TP and arbitrary

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I had a talk with my ticket rep tonight before game. She said reason for huge finals price increase over last year is that they knew that the Columbus and Carolina series were hard to sell because of the teams involved. So they kept the other rounds at a lower price increase and hit the finals with the largest price increase.

Still insane prices but interesting to hear what went into it.

But the Bruins had no idea who they were going to play so they fed you a line of crap....

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
But the Bruins had no idea who they were going to play so they fed you a line of crap....

Looking at the standings from 2/25/2019, it was heading towards a TOR@BOS or BOS@TOR matchup for round 1. Maybe MTL sneaks in and steals a spot, pushing either TOR out for a BOS/MTL matchup, or TOR out for a BOS/TBL matchup.

The next round, everyone thought it would have been TBL, so yeah, that was bull. And the WC2 that played TBL could have been PIT, CAR, or CBJ - and I think PIT would have sold well, probably better than TBL.

But predicting R2 and R3 is virtually impossible, as we learned last year. I think everyone thought the road to the playoffs would be TOR/TBL/WSH.

We did have "weak" R2 and R3 opponents last year in terms of sales, and they definitely did underestimate what the secondary market would pay for SCF tix. I'm never going to be happy with the with a price increase, but they got the ratio for the playoffs about right - largest increase on the SCF, where tickets were relatively underpriced. Also, it's highly likely that we won't even have to pay for them in the first place.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Looking at the standings from 2/25/2019, it was heading towards a TOR@BOS or BOS@TOR matchup for round 1. Maybe MTL sneaks in and steals a spot, pushing either TOR out for a BOS/MTL matchup, or TOR out for a BOS/TBL matchup.

The next round, everyone thought it would have been TBL, so yeah, that was bull. And the WC2 that played TBL could have been PIT, CAR, or CBJ - and I think PIT would have sold well, probably better than TBL.

But predicting R2 and R3 is virtually impossible, as we learned last year. I think everyone thought the road to the playoffs would be TOR/TBL/WSH.

We did have "weak" R2 and R3 opponents last year in terms of sales, and they definitely did underestimate what the secondary market would pay for SCF tix. I'm never going to be happy with the with a price increase, but they got the ratio for the playoffs about right - largest increase on the SCF, where tickets were relatively underpriced. Also, it's highly likely that we won't even have to pay for them in the first place.

Only game 7 was high. And who wants to sell that game?

The prices are ridiculous for the playoffs especially in the Loge and rounds 2 and 3 aren’t lower this year. Think how much someone has to take home after taxes a week to afford 2 loge tickets to 2 playoff games in a week plus parking and beer etc which is higher of course if it’s round 3. That’s almost 2 grand for hockey in a week. Only a C level earner can afford that. Kind of people who fly private.

But the Bruins are justified because a few folks sell them and 5 years ago they made money right or that scalpers cashed in on the finals? Give me a break.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Sadly it is not just the Bruins that are price gouging their fans.

Penguins have their playoff prices posted on their web site. Pricing is similar to the Bruins.

Other Sports:
Red Sox Loge Box World Series prices were around $400 a ticket. And I don't know what the Patriots charge for their home playoff games but we all know that Super Bowl prices are very high. There does not seem to be a limit to what teams will charge. It's bad for the average income fan.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just renewed.

I hate myself.
hockey-over-junkie-sparkle-gear-microfiber-tote-black-600x600.png

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
enjoy your free hat! Because it’s all that’s left! Also enjoy the shipping charge!

Wait, there's a shipping charge? I didn't get any shipping charge when I ordered the poofy coat. Make sure you use the codes or whatever and get a $0 total at the end. They "let" you order extras of some of the cheaper gifts - probably shipping on those.

And, wait, people took the bag-o-crap before the hat? I guess it includes a beanie, so that makes sense, but frankly I'd have no use for a drawstring backpack (have a nice one that they gave out on black friday a few years ago that only comes out for Sox games), a STH flag, or a license plate holder (already have one!).

Admittedly, even the hat is better than the "gift" this year - I assume the mug at the STH gathering was our gift this year? Or was it the cheap blanket? Still, the only gift I want is a row with 1 less seat in it, like last year.

Only game 7 was high. And who wants to sell that game?

The prices are ridiculous for the playoffs especially in the Loge and rounds 2 and 3 aren’t lower this year. Think how much someone has to take home after taxes a week to afford 2 loge tickets to 2 playoff games in a week plus parking and beer etc which is higher of course if it’s round 3. That’s almost 2 grand for hockey in a week. Only a C level earner can afford that. Kind of people who fly private.

But the Bruins are justified because a few folks sell them and 5 years ago they made money right or that scalpers cashed in on the finals? Give me a break.

I think the loge and balcony experience for the playoffs is very different - I have a feeling that there's a smaller difference between STH price and secondary market price in the loge than in the balcony, so your "bargain" is a lot smaller. Personally, I compare it to replacement cost - what would I have to pay to get in to the playoff games? I came out ahead in round 1, close to even in 2 and 3, and way ahead each game in round 4. But again, that's the balcony - I bet loge tickets on the secondary market are expensive, but the STH price is also probably ridiculous.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Wait, there's a shipping charge? I didn't get any shipping charge when I ordered the poofy coat. Make sure you use the codes or whatever and get a $0 total at the end. They "let" you order extras of some of the cheaper gifts - probably shipping on those.

I got a shipping charge also. I used the code so the "gift" had no charge but if you didn't get charged then I guess I missed entering a code somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad