OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I actually bought the sweatshirt. $35 for a hoodie is a decent price.
Yeah my wife and I each got a hoodie and we bought her dad the 50th anniversary hat. We took the bag because of the banner. Probably hang it up in the living room.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
Has anyone sat in the "tester seats" that they apparently installed in BAL 315 row 10-11 seats 1-4? They apparently installed a few of the new seats that they will be installing this summer. I'm curious how much of a difference they make, but I haven't been able to get to a game recently and might not be able to make it before renewals are due.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I wanted the 50 gift card. How can they run out of those ???? The rest is junk and I am insulted

It would have been nice to tell you BEFORE you renew which gifts are available - I renewed ultra early, but didn't know what was still available. I renewed the afternoon the email got sent out - maybe 4-5 hours - and 100 or so gifts had already been given out. All the team-signed items (my #1 choice), away game PHI suites (weird gift, but okay), and fast passes were gone.

It's unfair to people who have a STH group that splits tickets. They should have had a 24 hour cooling period, where anyone who renews quickly gets in a lottery, and you rank your choices. It gives you time to talk to your group and tell them what the new renewal price is.

I have a feeling the $50 Garden cards were popular among those STH groups, as they're easy to split.

The "blanket" they gave this year was total crap, so IMO even their worst gifts were better than last year. I have a nice red flannel blanket from BJs for when I'm cold and too lazy to turn the heat up, and it was under $20. The piece of cloth they gave for this year isn't worth a third of that. I guess I'm a Flames fan?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It would have been nice to tell you BEFORE you renew which gifts are available - I renewed ultra early, but didn't know what was still available. I renewed the afternoon the email got sent out - maybe 4-5 hours - and 100 or so gifts had already been given out. All the team-signed items (my #1 choice), away game PHI suites (weird gift, but okay), and fast passes were gone.

It's unfair to people who have a STH group that splits tickets. They should have had a 24 hour cooling period, where anyone who renews quickly gets in a lottery, and you rank your choices. It gives you time to talk to your group and tell them what the new renewal price is.

I have a feeling the $50 Garden cards were popular among those STH groups, as they're easy to split.

The "blanket" they gave this year was total crap, so IMO even their worst gifts were better than last year. I have a nice red flannel blanket from BJs for when I'm cold and too lazy to turn the heat up, and it was under $20. The piece of cloth they gave for this year isn't worth a third of that. I guess I'm a Flames fan?
If they are going to give gifts that are just crap they can keep them. I did not get the blanket because it was junk.

Reactions: sisu and talkinaway

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
Is Select-a-Seat still happening Tuesday? Did they send out times?

I too am wondering about this as I have not gotten an email with any details. Obviously, given the current situation, it would be understandable if it needed to be postponed. Anyone have any info?

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
it's entirely automated, so I don't see why they would postpone it.

I never got a confirmation email after I signed up though

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I never got a confirmation via email (just the one on the screen), but I swear I thought the deadline was tomorrow, and that they'd send out times tomorrow. I could be wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me if they postponed it. Hopefully they're all working at home. I skipped what was probably the regular season closer because of the COVID-19 mess.

One thing I wonder - I made the, in retrospect remarkably stupid, decision to pay my playoff tickets in 3 installments instead of pay-as-we-play. All to save $1 per ticket. Welp, technically, I'm gonna get a hit on March 26. I guess I could write my rep to see if I could get switched to pay-as-we-play, but really...there are so many more important things weighing on my mind these days, obviously. I'm not happy about giving them a $773 loan, but it's not the worst way to be screwed, and bugging my rep about a trivial matter just doesn't seem all that important now.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, of course, Jacobs is stingy with his Delaware North employees. But...he's being...sort of...nice to STHs who picked the 10-month plan for the 2020-2021 season.

The Boston Bruins would like to wish you, your family and your loved ones good health during these difficult times. We understand the impact of COVID-19, so we’re reaching out to offer flexibility. We have a restructured payment plan which will allow you to defer your next payment for your 2020-21 tickets, originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 14.

By opting into the restructured payment plan:
  • You will not be charged on Tuesday, April 14
  • Your next payment will be charged on Tuesday, May 12
  • 11.25% of your invoice total will be charged monthly from May to December (second Tuesday of each month)
Click below to opt into the restructured payment plan by Tuesday, April 7 at 5:00 p.m.

If you would like to continue with your current 10-month payment plan, no action is required. Your next payment will be due on Tuesday, April 14.

If I'm doing the math correctly (and I think I am), this doesn't increase your total payment for the 10-month plan. The first 10% payment was already made in March, so there's 90% left to pay in 9 installments. If you restructure that into 8 installments, skipping April, that means 11.25% per month.

My suspicion is that this is to decrease the number of people who default on their accounts, and increase the number of people who hope to be able to afford their STHs on the other side of COVID....so, in that sense, it's not completely altruistic. They also legally can't charge for the playoff tickets, since...HA!...we haven't clinched officially.

Of course, they still have the money for the final 6 regular season games...which, for me, is about 27% more than one payment for 2020-2021. So, in terms of "justice", they still have more of my money than they should, even with this deferred payment. But it's better than nothing, and I'll take it. If this were the arts, or something that actually needed funding, I'd have no problem floating the loan...but when it comes to Bruins, I'm a hardcore penny pincher, so Jacobs gets a taste of his own medicine.

Reactions: WickedBruinsGirl

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Pricing for the Winter Classic this year seems really strange. The purple $215 seats near the field will be some of the worst seats in the building. Even the $350 brown seats don't seem like they're high enough up to have a good view. The dark blue $125 seats at center ice should be great.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well, of course, Jacobs is stingy with his Delaware North employees. But...he's being...sort of...nice to STHs who picked the 10-month plan for the 2020-2021 season.

If I'm doing the math correctly (and I think I am), this doesn't increase your total payment for the 10-month plan. The first 10% payment was already made in March, so there's 90% left to pay in 9 installments. If you restructure that into 8 installments, skipping April, that means 11.25% per month.

My suspicion is that this is to decrease the number of people who default on their accounts, and increase the number of people who hope to be able to afford their STHs on the other side of COVID....so, in that sense, it's not completely altruistic. They also legally can't charge for the playoff tickets, since...HA!...we haven't clinched officially.

Of course, they still have the money for the final 6 regular season games...which, for me, is about 27% more than one payment for 2020-2021. So, in terms of "justice", they still have more of my money than they should, even with this deferred payment. But it's better than nothing, and I'll take it. If this were the arts, or something that actually needed funding, I'd have no problem floating the loan...but when it comes to Bruins, I'm a hardcore penny pincher, so Jacobs gets a taste of his own medicine.
I haven't heard from him and I have the 10 month plan...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I haven't heard from him and I have the 10 month plan...

Well, it's not a Jacobs email per se - it's from the Bruins Fan Relations, and the email came yesterday (Friday) at about 10 AM.

You can always check with your ticket rep...uh, that is, if they haven't been furloughed, laid off, fired, been given reduced pay, or whatever they're trying to call it to minimize the collateral damage.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bill Daly said on Friday the NHL still hopes to complete the REGULAR SEASON

Bill Daly sees summer 'window' to complete NHL season, playoffs - Sportsnet.ca

Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly is hopeful that the NHL can fit in the end of the 2019-20 regular season and playoffs during a “bigger window” this summer and play a full schedule in the 2020-21 season.

“I will say that it remains our hope, if not our goal, to be playing hockey sooner than then,” Daly said Friday, as reported by NHL.com’s Nicholas Cotsonika. “Depending on how things play out, we’d love to be playing sometime in the spring, and then if we have to leak into early summer, we’d love to have that problem. But I don’t think we’re far enough along in understanding where this is going to know what’s possible at this point in time.

“We think if we were required to, we might have the ability to play in August. If we have to fit games in, we’ll find ways to fit games in.”

The NHL season was postponed on March 12 due to concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic. While no timeline for a return has been announced, the NHL has so far not ruled out finishing the regular season and putting on a full Stanley Cup Playoffs.

“I think as time has gone on, we’ve recognized we might have a bigger window than we had originally thought with respect to the summer months and when we have to finish things to be ready for a full regular season next year,” Daly said.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bill Daly said on Friday the NHL still hopes to complete the REGULAR SEASON
Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly is hopeful that the NHL can fit in the end of the 2019-20 regular season and playoffs during a “bigger window” this summer and play a full schedule in the 2020-21 season.

Hasn't there already been enough time for denial? Can't we get on to anger and bargaining?

The problem, as I see it, is that we're going to have peaks at different times in different places in North America. Hopefully, Boston's peak will be over by mid-to-late April. But other places that haven't ramped up yet may peak in late May. And you have to add a couple of weeks to the tail of that to let the COVID die out.

Some "retraining camp" and regular season games for two weeks each in June would mean playoffs starting at the start of July. July would be the first two rounds, and August would be the last two? Perhaps that means September is a dead month, and the regular season starts in October - with no training camp for rookies?

The Cup winner will be EXHAUSTED in October, with only one month off. I guess the regular season could be done, but it would require a fairly optimistic track for the season. Saving the playoffs is more likely, but the regular season? It seems like a lot of work for little reward.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hasn't there already been enough time for denial? Can't we get on to anger and bargaining?

The problem, as I see it, is that we're going to have peaks at different times in different places in North America. Hopefully, Boston's peak will be over by mid-to-late April. But other places that haven't ramped up yet may peak in late May. And you have to add a couple of weeks to the tail of that to let the COVID die out.

Some "retraining camp" and regular season games for two weeks each in June would mean playoffs starting at the start of July. July would be the first two rounds, and August would be the last two? Perhaps that means September is a dead month, and the regular season starts in October - with no training camp for rookies?

The Cup winner will be EXHAUSTED in October, with only one month off. I guess the regular season could be done, but it would require a fairly optimistic track for the season. Saving the playoffs is more likely, but the regular season? It seems like a lot of work for little reward.

The owners will hold off on the regular season as long as they can because they don't want to do this

tenor.gif

Reactions: talkinaway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Saw this on a Bruins listserve

Speaks volumes on how many of us feel

When it came to Boston Bruins hockey, there were not many people who bled the black & gold more than my father. Growing up in Andover, MA, he played hockey through all of his youth into high school and loved the sport like no other. At our alma mater, he still holds the record for penalty minutes in a season with 210 in 62 games (~3.4/game). My father was the definition of “Old School Hockey”, and when his playing days were finally behind him, he went to the Bruins to get his dose of the game he kept so close to his heart. Whenever he was at either Garden, he felt like he could release that high school hunger of his with no shame. When he was watching his team play, it gave him the chance to have that “childlike happiness”, where it’s almost an escape from the harsh reality of adulthood, for just one game at a time.

This man loved this Bruins team so much, that when the old Boston Garden was being torn down, he made my mother drive him to Boston to get one last picture with the place he shared so many great memories in. This team was part of him.
IMG_6233.jpg

My dad instilled the hockey tradition in me at a very young age, and it should be said that it was never forced. He knew what it was like to love this game, and he wanted nothing but that for me.

My dad purchased season tickets in the 2010-11 season. Loge 10, Row 6, Seats 9 & 10. That’s where my dad and I got to bond. That’s where he got to teach me about all of the goalies and watch our favorite team lift the Stanley Cup. I’ll never forget Game Six in the 2011 SCF when the Bruins scored their first goal, he picked me up and literally threw me in the sky in joy. I never once saw him smile like that anywhere else. This is where he got to be a kid with me. They are all memories I wouldn’t trade for the world.

My dad had a knee replacement and milked his handicap placard to the bone, so whenever we would drive into the games, we would always park on the top level so we could get out fast after the games. Every time we drove into that parking garage, my dad would always point to Jeremy Jacobs’ fancy sports car parked right next to the elevator at every game. I would always hear him complain about Jeremy Jacobs, but I was too young to comprehend the real reasoning behind it.

Every year, my dad would notice the prices of everything go up, from tickets to parking to concessions. He didn’t seem to care enough, as he still bought the tickets for years, up until 2016. Parking went from around $30 bucks to around $50. When we first bought our tickets, they sold at face value for $79 apiece. Granted they won the cup, but they rose over 60% to $129. As the years went on, I slowly noticed my dad and I would go to fewer and fewer games per year, and it was obvious that he had lost that fire he once held for his childhood team. The Jacobs family managed to pry my father of every dollar they possibly could – one of their teams’ biggest fans – before he finally had to let go. I hate to sound dramatic, but the Jacobs family managed to take away the one thing that made my dad happy and the one thing we got to do together – over pocket change.

With those Bruins games now being some of the only strong memories I share with my dad, I am now old enough to realize how greedy of a family the Jacobs family is. I never understood why we “had” to sell the tickets, and why my dad suddenly began to lose interest, but it’s crystal clear to me now: because he wasn’t having fun anymore. The Jacobs family gave him absolutely zero reasons to stay when all they were doing was increasing prices and worrying about business. He would see his cars at every game, but never actually see Jeremy. He was just an entity that took his money. Jacobs never spent time with the fans or got the chance to know the people who support this team he runs with their lives.

You see owners like Mark Cuban and Steve Ballmer, who go sit with the fans of their teams during their games and actually get to know the people who support their livelihoods. Meanwhile, Jacobs sits up in his press box, as far away from the fans as possible, counting his money and putting no effort into the betterment of the actual team, beyond finances. Safe to say it’s not the greatest business model. Money can only buy you so much in life, and it’s embarrassing to see the worst owner in sports for one of the greatest franchises alienate his most loyal fans, over, what to him, are pennies.

Seeing this news in the press lately about the way Jacobs has handled this coronavirus pandemic should not be a surprise to anyone. Sitting at 159th on the “Forbes 400” richest people list, Jacobs has more money then he could possibly know what to do with for the next three generations, sitting on a net worth of $3.4 billion. I honestly don’t believe in telling people how to spend their money, but when you have money like Jacobs does, you have an obligation to the people who got you there. With that being said, the fact that it took him ONE WEEK to gather up $1.5 million (0.0004% of his net worth) to give to his workers at TD Garden, only to let go of most of them days later, is the most embarrassing and awful stories I’ve ever heard in my entire life. The Bruins are one of the most profitable teams in the NHL, and they were the VERY LAST team to offer help to their living-wage workers in desperate need. It boggles my mind how inhumane someone can be, but after knowing how Jacobs likes to do things, it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, and I’m sure if my dad were here, he wouldn’t be surprised either.

Like I said, guys like Mark Cuban get the point: money shouldn’t be their worry anymore. Now, it’s about the legacy they’re going to leave behind. I hope the Jacobs family knows that their legacy is beyond repair, and you have your billions at the expense of the loyal fans who could never leave the team they love, even though they know how much of an awful person Jeremy really is.

If I could say one thing to Jeremy Jacobs, it would be this: You truly have some of the most amazing people in the world supporting your team and working in your arena. I’ve seen it at every game I’ve been to. I hope you remember that you wouldn’t be here without those fans (who actually work for their money to spend at your games), and the fact that you continue to treat them and your workers so poorly without hesitation and without love and appreciation is a disgrace to this amazing city, and I hope all fans follow in my father’s footsteps of never giving you a dollar of their hard-earned money ever again. My mom always says “you can’t bring your money with you when you die”, and I hope you figure that out and wakes up, because, despite your accomplishments on paper, you are truly an embarrassment to our city and beyond.

Nick Germano

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Only thing wrong with that article was stating that Jacobs sits up in the press box. Some years he never comes to a single game in Boston and stays home in Buffalo or at his vacation homes. Chances are he hasn’t been in the Garden all year.

The man is scum and an absolute parasite.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I sold two games in March that were already paid for, a couple of other games were spoken for. I venmo'd back the money to one person and have to contact the other person since she paid in January. I rather refund their money now instead of doing it later, when/if the NHL cancels. Maybe it's premature... But that's money they can probably use right now. And I rather not spend it and have to worry about owing people money down the road.

I did opt to "skip" the April payment. I hope to be able to pay the March payment off in full on my CC if unemployment comes through.

I can't help but laugh that Jacobs must be so PO'd the Bruins didn't clinch a playoff spot with the pay as they play plans. @talkinaway I'm sure you could switch your playoff payment plan. It's worth asking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad