OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone have any inside info on when renewal information will be sent ???

No inside info here. Thanks to my email hoarding, I can tell you that last year, this was the schedule:

2/20/2019 (Wed): Email sent out (with incorrect prices that were "corrected" to a much higher number)
2/28/2019 (Thurs): Early renewal deadline (basically get in an hour early at the STH event and entered into a few extra lottery drawings at the end of this season - they never checked the tickets for the event AFAIK, and I never win stuff in the STH lotteries)
3/11/2019 (Mon): Renewal deadline

The year before, it was:

2/21/2018 (Wed): Email sent out
3/2/2018 (Fri): Early renewal deadline (access to buy 6 Notre Dame Winter Classic Tix instead of "just" 2.)
3/12/2018 (Mon): Renewal deadline

Following that pattern, it looks like they'll be sending out the email soon - possibly on Wednesday, with early renewals in a little over a week, and "normal" renewals in about 3 weeks. I imagine they do this since the STH office would have a little extra time on their hands this week - they don't have to deal with STHs as much during the February holiday for schools because the Bruins are always on an extended road trip, and Disney is always in the Garden during that time.

And if you're Machiavellian, this actually is a pretty darn good time for them to send out the renewals. They've "attempted" to address the seating issues recently - which is something they had to do before begging for renewals. Secondary market prices for the rest of the games this year look pretty high, for those of us who "track" the investment for comparison. The team is doing very well, not having lost to a playoff team in over a month (and only losing that one other game to Detroit).

And, in fact, just recently SportsClubStats is projecting our most likely opponent in the first round is...Toronto? I guess they value Florida's games in hand a lot, or think we'll fall to the Lightning. But if you really think Toronto's going to be our first round opponent, then those tickets will be VERY valuable to STHs. But if it's virtually any other reasonable team (PHI, CAR, CBJ, or FLA), a weekday playoff game may be close to the price of a weekend premium (Habs/Leafs/Rangers) regular season game.

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
There are invoices for playoffs and next season in my account now. Based on 44 games, it looks like a 3.33% increase for my Loge seats.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Also, when are they going to learn to stop releasing invoices into accounts before they've messaged the increase and strategy?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
$5 jump in center ice balcony
$6 jump in high row Bruins shoot 2X end Loge

This 2019-20 season jumps were $4 balcony and $6 Loge.

Nice to have a winning team but it gives Jacobs carte blanche to assess yearly $5+ price increases.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Also, when are they going to learn to stop releasing invoices into accounts before they've messaged the increase and strategy?

In fairness, they're probably going to send out the emails at 4-5 PM tonight, so it's only a 6-7 hour advance notification. AFAIK, the invoices were only released today, right? That's not awful, but it's not great...they got it even worse last year, when they raised my ticket price twice in one day because they got the ticket prices incorrect.

My 44-game package prices soared by over 6% (66 to 70), so they can take their "blended 5%" and shove it. I mean, I guess given that ticket prices are integers, the next lowest price would have been "only" a 4.5% increase. At least they didn't increase the $25 processing charge, which used to be $20 two years ago, and used to generate hard tickets.

My 16-game playoff package this year is $2,536 plus $25 processing and $16 pay-as-we-play. Last year it was $2,072 plus $20 and $16. I'm guessing the $2,536 is the non-renewal price. It damn well better be - a 22% increase is wildly inappropriate if $2,536 is the "renewal for 2020-21" price. Does anyone else have a ludicrous playoff increase?

There's no breakdown in the playoff pricing round-by-round as far as I can find, but that will be in the email they send.

One other thing - my price is a multiple of 44. I assume that means that for pre-season, they're doing the international split-squad again like they did in China two years ago. Are we only playing one game in Prague against the Preds? That does seem to be the precedent, and it looks like it's an away game for us. On the one hand, great for the Bruins - we have 41 Garden games, 40 away games, and 1 international game, instead of 40 Garden, 41 away, and 1 international. On the other hand, I'd probably gladly take $70 instead of an average Preds game, especially if it's a weekday game.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My 16-game playoff package this year is $2,536 plus $25 processing and $16 pay-as-we-play. Last year it was $2,072 plus $20 and $16. I'm guessing the $2,536 is the non-renewal price. It damn well better be - a 22% increase is wildly inappropriate if $2,536 is the "renewal for 2020-21" price. Does anyone else have a ludicrous playoff increase?

One other thing - my price is a multiple of 44. I assume that means that for pre-season, they're doing the international split-squad again like they did in China two years ago. Are we only playing one game in Prague against the Preds? That does seem to be the precedent, and it looks like it's an away game for us. On the one hand, great for the Bruins - we have 41 Garden games, 40 away games, and 1 international game, instead of 40 Garden, 41 away, and 1 international. On the other hand, I'd probably gladly take $70 instead of an average Preds game, especially if it's a weekday game.

I have a significant playoff price increase over last season. Didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

I forgot about them opening in Prague. I thought they were playing 2 games against Nashville. Is it only one game and a Predators home game so there are still 41 regular season home games?

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I forgot about them opening in Prague. I thought they were playing 2 games against Nashville. Is it only one game and a Predators home game so there are still 41 regular season home games?

In my cursory Googling, that looks to be the case. I found this from The Sporting News, which implies that there's usually one season-opening game, and a pair of home-and-home games in November:

NHL Global Series 2020: Boston Bruins, Nashville Predators headline European slate of games

DateResultLocation
Nov. 9, 2019Buffalo Sabres vs. Tampa Bay LightningStockholm, Sweden
Nov. 8, 2019Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Buffalo SabresStockholm, Sweden
Oct. 4, 2019 Philadelphia Flyers 4, Chicago Blackhawks 3Prague, Czech Republic
Nov. 2, 2018 Florida Panthers 4, Winnipeg Jets 2Helsinki, Finland
Nov. 1, 2018 Winnipeg Jets 4, Florida Panthers 2Helsinki, Finland
Oct. 6, 2018 New Jersey Devils 5, Edmonton Oilers 2Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov. 11, 2017 Ottawa Senators 4, Colorado Avalanche 3Stockholm, Sweden
Nov. 10, 2017 Ottawa Senators 4, Colorado Avalanche 3 (OT)Stockholm, Sweden
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
I think I might be out for playoffs...last year the middle rounds broke me and with that stupid mothers day game you could barely get face for the tickets.

check out my new playoff pricing for last row of the balcony:

upload_2020-2-19_13-16-16.png

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm at the point where I'd rather pick and choose the games I want to go to and pay out the nose for them.

The savings I get from bankrolling a whole season to get "cheap" tickets for a handful of games I really want just doesn't make sense anymore.

Reactions: Fenway

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

I think I might be out for playoffs...last year the middle rounds broke me and with that stupid mothers day game you could barely get face for the tickets.

View attachment 323267

Every round is up over last season. But the biggest price increase is for the Stanley Cup Finals. My end Loge seats were $331 for finals last season. If they make it this year it is $415. An $84 increase:help:

Guessing that they used their playoff data on secondary market resale prices last season to set this year prices.

Last edited:

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
Problem is they are raising prices so much they are almost forcing their STH to sell secondary just to not go bankrupt. But place is always soldout so I guess they know what they are doing. If the B's get a 1st round matchup against a Carolina or Columbus good luck selling. Best hope is Toronto/Philly

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Problem is they are raising prices so much they are almost forcing their STH to sell secondary just to not go bankrupt. But place is always soldout so I guess they know what they are doing. If the B's get a 1st round matchup against a Carolina or Columbus good luck selling. Best hope is Toronto/Philly

A Florida first round will also be bad but they have a good team and some good players so I think it would be a good competitive series but the average fan buying on the secondary market sees Florida and thinks it is not a team worth spending money on to see.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
5.5% increase in Loge 7 - the old Premium seats

Significant increase in playoffs prices ...the final round prices are heart-stopping

Clearly a strategy to maximize revenue while the product is popular...even if it drives away long time fans.

What the Bruins fail to understand is
A- eventually the good times end
B- once you price out long time fans it is hard if not impossible to get them back

Hate to say this but set your watches for Dave Lewis era attendance in 4 years

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
5.5% increase in Loge 7 - the old Premium seats

Significant increase in playoffs prices ...the final round prices are heart-stopping

Clearly a strategy to maximize revenue while the product is popular...even if it drives away long time fans.

What the Bruins fail to understand is
A- eventually the good times end
B- once you price out long time fans it is hard if not impossible to get them back

Hate to say this but set your watches for Dave Lewis era attendance in 4 years

Red Sox are doing the same thing. I don't think that they will ever see "Dave Lewis Era" attendance but their 2020 advance sales are down about 15% over last season so there has been an impact with their price increases. I just gave up my weekend season tickets after 30 years and I'm not sure I will go to one game this season. In a few years the same thing is going to happen with the Bruins.

krog18

Oct 18, 2019

View attachment 323267

Did this screengrab come from your account or an email? I haven't gotten an email yet, so trying to locate my breakdown in the account if its there.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Did this screengrab come from your account or an email? I haven't gotten an email yet, so trying to locate my breakdown in the account if its there.

Emails came out mine is time stamped 1:06pm. Check your spam and junk folders if you don't have it in your inbox.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
There just doesn't seem to be any limit to how high prices can go.

Center Ice Balcony Single Digit Row
$103$154$205$305
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Loge end Shoot Twice High Row
$139$211$279$415
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad