OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Two tickets availible for tonight vs Columbus. 330 row 4 . $75/each.

Paypal or venmo and electronic transfer

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
What is it for ??

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe MA now requires a 1099-K if you sell over $600 in tickets or have a certain number of transactions. Last year I sold a little over that amount on the Ticket Exchange so I got one sent to me.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe MA now requires a 1099-K if you sell over $600 in tickets or have a certain number of transactions. Last year I sold a little over that amount on the Ticket Exchange so I got one sent to me.
Exactly. I barely made money from what I paid buying the tickets from the Bs to what I sold them for on the exchange. I’m wondering what and how much I will have to pay tax on.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So it is for Mass ? I sold a couple but live in NH.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
Ya ,Mass drastically lowered the requirements for a 1099. Heaven forbid the state doesn't get more of our money to waste!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
So it is for Mass ? I sold a couple but live in NH.

Yes, I know MA made some big changes but I’m not sure about the surrounding states. Funny thing is I didn’t make a dime off of the tickets I sold, if anything I lost money or barely broke even.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yes, I know MA made some big changes but I’m not sure about the surrounding states. Funny thing is I didn’t make a dime off of the tickets I sold, if anything I lost money or barely broke even.
We get screwed for everything.

Last year for the first time in my life I had to pay additional Federal taxes (thanks to the cuts for the rich only :madfire:) I now take home less pay than 2 years ago even though I received 2 small pay raises. NOT HAPPY

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I received a 1099 k form as well. Do I only need to pay MA state tax or federal as well? I think I made $1000 profit.

These tickets really don't feel worth it anymore. Cost to go to a game is way too expensive and now this? No thanks, I'll enjoy the games from the comfort of my living room.

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
So your out bc the govt makes you report income? You have always had to report if you make money. Make sure you deduct the cost of the tickets.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Where is the cheapest place to buy tickets? The box office? I am looking to get 2 tickets for Dallas, 2/27, preferably upper Loge or lower Balcony. Thanks.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So your out bc the govt makes you report income? You have always had to report if you make money. Make sure you deduct the cost of the tickets.
I am out because of the tax breaks for the rich which the poor and middle class are paying for.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
Anyone else get this today?

Dear TD Garden Guests:

As the Bruins and Celtics hit the mid-season point, we are excited about their performances thus far. All of us at TD Garden hope that you are enjoying the new spaces and amenities that were unveiled this fall as part of the arena’s Legendary Transformation.

One component of this transformation was the replacement of the 24-year-old seats in the arena. Through guest feedback, we recognized that there were some areas of concern regarding the new seats, specifically legroom and comfort. We were able to make immediate modifications to address some concerns, such as adjusting all loge seat back angles to improve legroom.

In the balcony, we found that the new plush cushioning, armrest design and overall ergonomics were contributing to discomfort.

Based on that, and the recommendations provided by seating consultants, we will be replacing balcony seats and armrests. The new seats, similar in size, will have a custom, narrower armrest and a non-padded seat base and seat back to improve legroom and comfort.

The work will take place this off season. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you this season. We have appreciated your feedback and providing fans the best experience possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Amy Latimer

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone else get this today?

Dear TD Garden Guests:

As the Bruins and Celtics hit the mid-season point, we are excited about their performances thus far. All of us at TD Garden hope that you are enjoying the new spaces and amenities that were unveiled this fall as part of the arena’s Legendary Transformation.

One component of this transformation was the replacement of the 24-year-old seats in the arena. Through guest feedback, we recognized that there were some areas of concern regarding the new seats, specifically legroom and comfort. We were able to make immediate modifications to address some concerns, such as adjusting all loge seat back angles to improve legroom.

In the balcony, we found that the new plush cushioning, armrest design and overall ergonomics were contributing to discomfort.

Based on that, and the recommendations provided by seating consultants, we will be replacing balcony seats and armrests. The new seats, similar in size, will have a custom, narrower armrest and a non-padded seat base and seat back to improve legroom and comfort.

The work will take place this off season. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you this season. We have appreciated your feedback and providing fans the best experience possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Amy Latimer

Yes, just got it. The math still doesn't work out. My row had 12 seats last season, unpadded. It now has 13. Next season, it will still have 13. How is that going to help me when I'm sandwiched between two broad-shouldered people?

I'm also not enjoying the new amenities, since I don't sit in Rafters, and I'm on a TD Garden food-and-drink strike because of this mess. It's saved me a bundle.

I mean, the lack of cushioning might be a good thing. As a proud hobbit, I find myself sitting with the balls of my feet on the ground, instead of feet flat on the ground. Bringing my butt down an inch would help. But a concomitant decrease in price is what is really appropriate. I'm getting 12/13th of the space I had prior to the downgrade, but I got a 13/12ths increase in seat price. They multiplied when they should have divided.

Admittedly, prices on the secondary market are ridiculously high for the second half of the season - since 12/21, I haven't changed the "lowest price" for any of the games in my spreadsheet, meaning for the last 8 games, I'd have to have had the foresight to buy tickets pretty far in advance to get the lowest price. Also, I'll admit I've been able to sell fairly easily this season when I've had to - I'm not looking solely for a profit, but I am looking to dump tickets for a fair price if I'm sick, traveling, or otherwise engaged.

That, combined with good savings if we get a good playoff matchup (unlikely - stats say FLA, CBJ, or CAR), are slowly pushing me to renew. It's certainly not a slam dunk by any means, especially with the potential of next season being...not as good as this one or the last.

Last edited:

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Yes, just got it. The math still doesn't work out. My row had 12 seats last season, unpadded. It now has 13. Next season, it will still have 13. How is that going to help me when I'm sandwiched between two broad-shouldered people?
Putting in padded or no padded seats is supposed to help with leg room not seat width room. Good for the balcony people if it helps even a little bit. I'm in Loge and sounds like they have decided that what they did to change the seat pitch is all they are going to do. The seat width is still a problem and the leg room is better than when the new seats first went in but still not great. Ah well a nice long Stanley Cup run and maybe winning it this time will help.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
selling the following games - payment via paypal/venmo, mobile tickets transferred via bruins account. PM if interested.

row 5 balcony behind the net - bruins shoot 2x - $128/pair (STH face)

Saturday, February 15 Red Wingssold
Thursday, February 27 Starssold
Monday, March 16 Blue Jacketssold
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
So I called Live nation to see on the 1099k I got because the numbers were off and it was real sketchy. They called the woman on the form I got the wrong last name. And want you to email all info to one email address as supposedly one woman is handling all 1099 inquiries. I called my rep to see if anyone has reported the same. It might be legit but it was just sketchy.

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
On the off chance someone is selling two tickets to the Bs vs. Rags game at MSG on Sunday, I'm interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad