OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
How did you get this if you don't mind me asking? Was it through your season ticket rep?

Would like to check it out for a game.
I got a random email the other day.

I'm wondering if it is because i'm a former season ticket holder.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
I have some Celtics tickets to sell. Need to sell about 8 games. Row 13 balcony. Selling for cost at $45/ ticket, $90/ game. No real preference on which games I sell aside from LA.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
Hello Everyone. This is a curiosity question for STH but has anyone else noticed how hard it has been to offload tickets this season? And not just this season but honestly back to last years playoffs? I've had tickets since 2000 and outside of the dark era of 2009 or so I don't recall having such a hard time selling my seats when I can't go as this year. As an example tonight's game I was unable to attend so I put it up on the Bruins ticket "exchange" no bites. I lowered and lowered still no bites. So even lowering below the face value per seat (64$) no bites. Is this a ticket exchange thing? or is this a bruins thing? This is also the third times this season I've had to eat a ticket and I'm getting concerned. You look on secondary sights and they are giving these things away for peanuts. Is it the crappy new seats? The lack of paper tickets? The Apathy after the no-show in game 7? Anyone have a clue?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hello Everyone. This is a curiosity question for STH but has anyone else noticed how hard it has been to offload tickets this season? And not just this season but honestly back to last years playoffs? I've had tickets since 2000 and outside of the dark era of 2009 or so I don't recall having such a hard time selling my seats when I can't go as this year. As an example tonight's game I was unable to attend so I put it up on the Bruins ticket "exchange" no bites. I lowered and lowered still no bites. So even lowering below the face value per seat (64$) no bites. Is this a ticket exchange thing? or is this a bruins thing? This is also the third times this season I've had to eat a ticket and I'm getting concerned. You look on secondary sights and they are giving these things away for peanuts. Is it the crappy new seats? The lack of paper tickets? The Apathy after the no-show in game 7? Anyone have a clue?

I'm guessing the Garden and the Bruins got a lot of (well-deserved) bad PR because of the seats. It's probably waned a little - some people have the memory of a goldfish, and there ARE new trinkets like the Rafters area and the expanded bars/tables on the south side of the building. People are nervous because of all the "knee-against-seat" pics floating around on the net. It could also be that hockey season for most doesn't start until after the Super Bowl. Or maybe people blew their entertainment budget last season, and want to spend a little less on Bruins this year after spending so much last season. About 40% of my ticket cost last year was for the 13 playoff games - that's a lot compared to the 60% for 44 preseason and regular season games.

I don't think it's the paper tickets. I don't think it's the team - honestly, even if the team isn't playing really, really great hockey now, they ARE in the top of the standings, and they were one game away from the Cup. If that doesn't get people excited, I don't know what will.

I never compare selling a ticket to its "face value" - I do compare to a "fair value". If I sold a weekend Leafs ticket for face, I'd be mad as hell. If I sold a Devils Tuesday ticket for face, I'd be thrilled. I've recouped below 2/3 face value for the November PIT game, and just half price for a Habs game - but the Habs one I sold because I didn't want to fight through the snow. Just today, I made $2 on a WPG weekday game in January, which I guess is a win? I suppose I could have held out for more, with holiday online shopping happening at its peak over the next two weeks, but at least I don't have to worry about eating the game. I sold two of the games on the official exchange, and one through StubHub.

I was disappointed in the return on the PIT game. The Habs one was a literal freak of nature - but even then, the other Habs weekday game in February had tickets at one point slightly under $100. Even for a weekday, that feels low for our biggest rival.

Personally, I don't see my tickets as an investment...but I do see them as a way to get in to games for cheaper than if I bought them individually, and as a gateway to get cheaper playoff tickets. Last season, I actually could have gotten in cheaper during the regular season if I'd bought tickets individually - at worse seats, but at about a savings of $280 per seat, or about $6 per game. Toss in STH benefits (pics with Bruins, 2-4 parties with one free beer and free apps, free t-shirts at the playoff watch parties, Pro Shop discount), and it's probably close to a wash even if they hadn't made the playoffs. Add in $1900 of savings per seat for the playoffs, and it's a good deal. Granted, $615 in savings was for a once-in-a-lifetime (statistically speaking, that's literal) home ice Game 7 SCF, which isn't going to repeat.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Just a confirmation of your observation. This season has been tough for selling. I also have Red Sox season tickets and last season was miserable for selling. The bad season was a factor but I can go back to the previous World Series season and say that it was bad for selling.

I think it is a combination of factors.
- Continuous yearly face value price increases. And crazy ridiculous high face value playoff ticket prices. It has gotten to the point that tickets at face value prices are getting out of reach of many potential buyers.
- Deep playoff runs. People have only so much disposable income to spend on regular season and deep playoff runs.
- Increasing Stubhub and Ticketmaster fees so that people can't afford or don't want to buy tickets at the combined cost of the ticket plus the fees.
- Increasing numbers of people listing their tickets for sale. Many listings are broker held and even team held seats. Add to that the season ticket holder that wants to hold on to their seats but can't afford the increasing prices so there are more games being listed than ever before as they try to offset the season ticket cost.
- Buyers are smart enough to hold off on buying until days or hours before the game and waiting out sellers until sellers are forced to lower their asking price.

Last edited:

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
thanks for the reply yah i just thought i'd throw a post in seeing if this was me or if anyone else is noticing. I started noticing in last years playoffs. The ridiculous price increases for tickets in the 2nd and 3rd rounds were brutal. I knew people who couldn't sell their games even at face. This year has been just odd. Saturday night games vs good opponents and you can't get face value? Tuesdays game I saw loge's for 40 dollars so good luck selling your balcony. For us in the balcony one of the problems we have is they have so increased our prices that I can see why someone would say "why would i pay 70 or 80 bucks with fees for balcony when i can just sit in the loge". And then you throw in the bad PR of the awful new seats.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We have probably sold more this year than any year we’ve had tickets due to a really busy fall schedule.

We’ve also had a fairly easy time selling this year, but we take the time to plan.

In September we sit down and go through the schedule through early December and compare it to our calendar. We keep a spreadsheet and mark every game as either go, sell, or sell premium. Sell premium games are more popular games that we can’t make (mostly Saturdays) that we sell based on market prices so we can make up for the pre-season games we eat. Sell we offer to friends and family at our face. We repeat the process in early December for the second half of the season and sell games we can’t go to at face to friends and family who are looking for Christmas gifts.

Games where things come up and we can’t make a game we intended to, we usually simultaneously offer to friends/family and post on stubhub with first come first served.

I think having success is dependent on a few factors. Planning, what your face value and location is, and how big your personal network is/their level of interest in hockey.

We never have issues unloading (knock on wood), but we’re also not in it for profit.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
I think we all are making valid points. with the price increases in the Balcony I think the point made of more people dumping their seats is valid. Also it's early and a long long playoff run I think still has people with fatigue. I will truly worry if after christmas we are still seeing this trend.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s too much money for most people now. I don’t think I’d want to pay much more than 50 bucks for ANY regular season game at this point.

Reactions: Chief Nine

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
FREE

Providence Bruins v. Hartford Wolfpack tickets Saturday 12/21 in Hartford

Spoken for...thanks!

Last edited:

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
Have 2 extras section 323, row 14 on the aisle for Thursday 12/19 vs. the Islanders. Face + fees is $62.50 each. Please let me know if interested. Thanks.
Still have these 2 extras for 12/19 vs. the Islanders if anyone needs a couple. Can do $120 total for the pair - PayPal, Venmo. They're mobile tickets that will be transferred via Ticketmaster.

Update: These are sold now.

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It’s too much money for most people now. I don’t think I’d want to pay much more than 50 bucks for ANY regular season game at this point.

My son’s birthday is Jan 2nd and I usually buy tickets for a game. Think I’m passing this year. Way too much money now

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
- Increasing Stubhub and Ticketmaster fees so that people can't afford or don't want to buy tickets at the combined cost of the ticket plus the fees.

As a non-STH, who's looking to buy my kid tickets to a game for Christmas... I can tell you right now: That's it right there.

Here's the deal - I've been a Bruins fan since about 1975.... I used to be a "partial STH" (myself, my brother, and a few friends)

Now I live in Vermont, and it's just not feasible to get to more than a game or two during the season. So we'd LOVE to do games as a "special event" - Christmas, birthday...

But I just CAN'T spend $80 per ticket to sit in the 13th-14th-15th row of the balcony... ESPECIALLY when they tack on another $100 in "fees". I can't justify spending over $400 to walk through the door and sit in the nosebleeds on a Tuesday night. And lord knows we can't do a Saturday game - that's just WAY beyond reach.

I went to StubHub, Ace Tickets, Ticketmaster, etc just this morning in an attempt to try to find 3 tix for my wife, son, and I as a Christmas gift to the boy... Thought I'd found a pretty good deal on 3rd row balcony seats (on a Tuesday night game!)... Then I checked to see what the fees were, and they were over $90. On three tickets....

So - no tickets for Christmas...

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Looking to unload 6 for tonight, 12/17 against the Kings due to the weather.

Paid $53 plus fees for them, but will take $50 for them or any reasonable offer.

Section 308, row 15. All 6 are together.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

As a non-STH, who's looking to buy my kid tickets to a game for Christmas... I can tell you right now: That's it right there.

Here's the deal - I've been a Bruins fan since about 1975.... I used to be a "partial STH" (myself, my brother, and a few friends)

Now I live in Vermont, and it's just not feasible to get to more than a game or two during the season. So we'd LOVE to do games as a "special event" - Christmas, birthday...

But I just CAN'T spend $80 per ticket to sit in the 13th-14th-15th row of the balcony... ESPECIALLY when they tack on another $100 in "fees". I can't justify spending over $400 to walk through the door and sit in the nosebleeds on a Tuesday night. And lord knows we can't do a Saturday game - that's just WAY beyond reach.

I went to StubHub, Ace Tickets, Ticketmaster, etc just this morning in an attempt to try to find 3 tix for my wife, son, and I as a Christmas gift to the boy... Thought I'd found a pretty good deal on 3rd row balcony seats (on a Tuesday night game!)... Then I checked to see what the fees were, and they were over $90. On three tickets....

So - no tickets for Christmas...

Tonight's game is dirt cheap. Thursday night's game will be dirt cheap on the day of game as well. I paid $98 per ticket to sit in loge 1 row 5 behind the visitors bench a few weeks ago on a Tuesday night. And we also bought a 3 pack. If you are willing to wait till day of the game (on a weeknight especially), there are plenty of deals to be had. I agree prices are crazy. You have to be savvy about buying.

Reactions: sarge88

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
2 for 12/21 Nashville

If you want just a single then I can sell one ticket

Loge 9 Row 26 $110 each. Venmo or Paypal Friends or Family

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
We are heading over to New York for the holidays, taking my girlfriend to see The Strokes in Brooklyn on NYE and also sneaking in the game at NJ at 1pm too :nod:

I’m planning a trip to Boston on 29th so looking for 2 good tickets for the Buffalo game, it’s also my birthday so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
Looking for a single seat for tomorrow's (12/29) game against Buffalo for <$100.

Thanks!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Yup, just came in looking for a ticket for the 1/2 game vs CBJ. Boston tix are much higher than other arenas and the TicketMaster and StubHub convenience fees are way too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad