OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Single ticket on Monday 11/4 vs PIT at 7 PM, selling at face value $65. Balcony 304, row 5 - great view of the goal line. (Bad view for me that day, since I have an ophtho appointment that I scheduled months ago, and is next-to-impossible to move. Scheduled on a Monday to avoid conflicts - great job, Bruins. Dilation is not not my friend.)

PayPal, transfer from STH account.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
anyone else get this email from their ticket reps today?

upload_2019-10-10_20-23-36.png

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I replied too. I was honestly going to wait until I sat through a full game in my own seat with people on either side of me. TBH, I haven't had the full cramped experience, since there aren't that many people who sit in the balcony preseason (including me). But I can't envision it being good. Certainly not as good as last year.

I even wrote WCVB and the Globe. WCVB asked if I could come to the Garden, but it wasn't exactly convenient...plus, my phone died, so I didn't really get to finish my dialogue with them. At least the story's gone from just boston.com to the local networks and newspapers. I'd love to hear some chants tomorrow. Or maybe we'll hear "Stuck In The Middle With You" for my #bruinsbeats.

I don't see a good solution. If they reverted my section, they'd have a bunch of people orphaned when they take one seat out per row. That's not going to work. Roll back prices and give me back the $5 per seat per game hike that they had this year, plus an ironclad promise that they won't increase prices for the next two years, and will then revert to the old seating after that? Seems unlikely.

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Any advice where to park for mondays game? I always park at either museum of science or 100 Cambridge but those will be very expensive for a midday Monday game. Any advice??? I also don't want to go much further than those 2 places. Bringing my 5 year old

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Any advice where to park for mondays game? I always park at either museum of science or 100 Cambridge but those will be very expensive for a midday Monday game. Any advice??? I also don't want to go much further than those 2 places. Bringing my 5 year old

Nautica Garage 88 Constitution Road. $15 with game day ticket. I would get there early I had one Columbus Day game a few years ago where the garage was full when I got there and had to scramble for parking.

Museum Of Science actually won't be too terrible to park at. 3-4 hours will be $19, 4-5 hours will be $21. I would still get there early though the museum garage will be pretty full on a holiday where kids are off of school.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silva

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
SOLD

Selling 2 tickets in Section 314 Row 13 for Monday's 1pm game against Anaheim.

$66 (STH face value).

Happy to meet in person to do electronic transfer if you'd like to swap tickets and cash at the same time.

Last edited:

ChocoBean

Oct 12, 2019
Single Ticket vs Penguins 11/4/19. Section 326, seat on aisle. Face Value $95. This a non-mobile ticket (Not a season ticket holder).
TD-Garden-Hockey-Section-326-Row-3_on_12-11-2018_FL.jpg

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
STH selling 2 for Tuesday 10/22 vs. the Leafs - Loge 3 and tickets are $125/each (STH face). Please send a message if interested.

Just joined, but have been reading the forums for a while. Thanks for all the great information.

Update: Tickets are SOLD

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenway

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Anyone else get an email to fill out a W-9 form for selling tickets on the exchange?

Federal requires tax reporting on sales over $20,000 or 200 transactions. But Massachusetts passed a law couple years ago that requires tax reporting on 3rd party payment processor sales exceeding $600. Paypal and Stubhub have been doing this for a couple of years but didn't know that it might affect Ticketmaster sales on the exchange.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
STH selling 2 for Tuesday 10/22 vs. the Leafs - Loge 3, R0w 21 and tickets are $125/each (STH face). Please send a message if interested.

Just joined, but have been reading the forums for a while. Thanks for all the great information.
:welcome:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Federal requires tax reporting on sales over $20,000 or 200 transactions. But Massachusetts passed a law couple years ago that requires tax reporting on 3rd party payment processor sales exceeding $600. Paypal and Stubhub have been doing this for a couple of years but didn't know that it might affect Ticketmaster sales on the exchange.
Any idea on what a cost on this would look like come tax time?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Any idea on what a cost on this would look like come tax time?

If you don't get a 1099-k then you can decide to report it or not although legally you are supposed to. On Mass taxes it gets taxed at 5.1%. You'll need to figure out your income from the sales and don't forget to subtract commissions in addition to cost of tickets sold. I've seen different ways that people report it so you'll need to research it and decide how you want to handle it but I report it as business income on schedule C.

If a 1099-k is generated or not you are still supposed to report the income on fed as well as state. The complication is that the state requirement is so low that chances are the 1099-k gets generated. The federal reporting is kind of a mystery because although the fed requirement is 200 transactions or $20,000 sales that is just for whether or not a 1099-k gets generated. It is only supposed to be reported to the state but once the 1099-k generates I am unclear if the fed also gets a copy. When Mass passed the law the information available was not clear. There was supposed to be a 1099-K state only form that would get sent only to the state. But I have been getting 1099-k fed forms so I'm not sure if the fed is gettng the info or not. The extra taxes have been minimal for me so I've reported it on the fed form also just to be safe.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
If you don't get a 1099-k then you can decide to report it or not although legally you are supposed to. On Mass taxes it gets taxed at 5.1%. You'll need to figure out your income from the sales and don't forget to subtract commissions in addition to cost of tickets sold. I've seen different ways that people report it so you'll need to research it and decide how you want to handle it but I report it as business income on schedule C.

If a 1099-k is generated or not you are still supposed to report the income on fed as well as state. The complication is that the state requirement is so low that chances are the 1099-k gets generated. The federal reporting is kind of a mystery because although the fed requirement is 200 transactions or $20,000 sales that is just for whether or not a 1099-k gets generated. It is only supposed to be reported to the state but once the 1099-k generates I am unclear if the fed also gets a copy. The extra taxes have been minimal for me so I've reported it on the fed form also just to be safe.
Ok. Thank you for the info. Adding up all the sales I’m pretty sure I’m breaking even or losing money in the end. Really don’t make money on too many games on the exchange.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Ok. Thank you for the info. Adding up all the sales I’m pretty sure I’m breaking even or losing money in the end. Really don’t make money on too many games on the exchange.

No problem. If you get the 1099-k then even if you have no profit you need to do the reporting because the 1099-k only shows gross sales and the state (and maybe fed) will be looking for the sales to be reported.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
2 for tomorrow Toronto game. Balcony 301 Row 6. $148 SOLD

Last edited:

Sec311Row6

May 30, 2008
2 for Nov 12 vs Panthers $118/pair (under face value)

aisle seats, 311 row6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad