OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Thanks...I don't like it.

So I go to the games with my sister who lives in JP. I live in NH. I assume we will each have a card....What happens when my daughter is home and going to the game to sit in my sister's seat ?

Sigh....I hate getting old

If your plan is for you and your sister to have possession of the Season Pass then when your daughter is going you would need to bring up her ticket on your phone. Or to make it easier on those nights then instead of using the Season Pass for your ticket and the Mobile phone for your daughter's ticket just use the phone for both tickets that time. And if you sell both your seats for a game then you'll have to transfer the tickets On Account Manager.

I don't like that they are saying that the Season Pass is not replaceable if lost. What happens if you do lose it with tickets loaded on it and someone finds it. They have to have a way to deactivate the lost Season Pass. Personally I am not going to carry the Season Pass unless I know I will need it to use the discount in the Pro Shop. I'll just bring up the Mobile tickets on my phone.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If your plan is for you and your sister to have possession of the Season Pass then when your daughter is going you would need to bring up her ticket on your phone. Or to make it easier on those nights then instead of using the Season Pass for your ticket and the Mobile phone for your daughter's ticket just use the phone for both tickets that time. And if you sell both your seats for a game then you'll have to transfer the tickets On Account Manager.

I don't like that they are saying that the Season Pass is not replaceable if lost. What happens if you do lose it with tickets loaded on it and someone finds it. They have to have a way to deactivate the lost Season Pass. Personally I am not going to carry the Season Pass unless I know I will need it to use the discount in the Pro Shop. I'll just bring up the Mobile tickets on my phone.
Thanks for the info.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Thanks for the info.

Couple of other hints if it helps you:

You will need the TD Garden App on your phone to access tickets from your Account Manager. I assume that you could also do it with the Bruins App but I use the Garden App. When you open the Garden App choose Manage My Tickets and log into your Account Manager. If you do not log out from Account Manager then after this first time you will go directly to your Account Manager without having to log in after choosing Manage My Tickets.

If you have an iphone you might find it easier to add your tickets to Apple Wallet. When you bring up your tickets on the phone you will see an option to add the tickets to Apple Wallet. Then instead of going into the Garden App you can just tap on Wallet to access the tickets that you added. Instead of loading up the whole season maybe at the start of a new month add the tickets for that month to the wallet. Or you can add a game or two at a time whatever method works for you.

Adding the tickets to your Apple Wallet does not remove them from Account Manager it just puts it in the wallet for access to them. If you decide that you do not like using Wallet then you can delete tickets that you added which will delete the tickets just from the Wallet not from your Account Manager.

Reactions: talkinaway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Season Pass FAQ's

Will I still receive commemorative tickets for every game in my package?
No. Season Pass serves as your ticket throughout the entire season. You will receive one Season Pass per seat. You may also access your mobile tickets on Account Manager.

Why are we converting to Season Pass as opposed to commemorative tickets?

This new approach assures security of your game tickets, protects against fraudulent ticket activity, and simplifies the ticket management process for you throughout the season.

What happens if I misplace my Season Pass?
Your Season Pass is not replaceable. However, you can continue to manage your mobile tickets in Account Manager.

What does Season Pass include?
Your Season Pass includes your game ticket, Pro Shop discount, seat location, and account number. Any applicable memberships or credit might also be included.

Are my Legends passes included if I'm a member?
Yes, your Legends passes and any applicable food and beverage credit will be located on the back of your Season Pass.

When will I receive my Season Pass?
You will receive your Season Pass in early September before the start of preseason.

Can I give my Season Pass to guests for a game?
We highly discourage distributing your Season Pass to guests when you're not attending the game yourself. We recommend transferring tickets to guests in your Account Manager.

What happens to my Season Pass when I transfer tickets in Account Manager?
The game ticket on your Season Pass becomes null and void.

Are Playoff games included in my Season Pass?
At this time, playoff tickets are not included in your Season Pass. More information will be provided at a later date.

Am I required to utilize my Season Pass for game entry?
No, you have the option to utilize mobile tickets in Account Manager if you decide not to use Season Pass.

Do I have to wear my Season Pass to every game?
You are welcome to wear your Season Pass proudly or carry it like you would a credit card.

How can I avoid fraudulent activity with my Season Pass?
Do not share a photo of your Season Pass barcode on a public platform. This barcode contains your entire 2019-20 season tickets and by sharing a photo of this barcode you are exposing yourself to potential larceny which will deactivate your game tickets.

Season Pass

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
One weird quirk - I found adding my tickets to my iPhone Wallet to not exactly work correctly sometimes. I'd add them in batches, an entire month or two at a time. But at random intervals, the entire 2018-2019 season tickets (I save my "electronic stubs" just because), including both past tickets and future tickets, would vanish from Wallet. It hasn't happened since May 4, a CBJ game. I wonder if it has something to do with another subscription package I have that also uses Ticketmaster's Account Manager - Broadway in Boston - because the tickets for the 2018-9 Broadway in Boston season would disappear too. None of my 2017-8 season tickets or earlier Broadway in Boston tickets disappeared, and my 2019-2020 seasons seem to be intact for both.

It's not a big issue, but it can be a little surprising to walk up to the gate and not have the ticket readily available via Wallet. It's easy enough to log in to Account Manager, or to re-add the tickets - the tickets for future dates are still there when they get deleted. You just may want to check your iPhone while you're waiting in line to get in if you use Wallet.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
Couple of other hints if it helps you:

You will need the TD Garden App on your phone to access tickets from your Account Manager. I assume that you could also do it with the Bruins App but I use the Garden App. When you open the Garden App choose Manage My Tickets and log into your Account Manager. If you do not log out from Account Manager then after this first time you will go directly to your Account Manager without having to log in after choosing Manage My Tickets.

I typically access the mobile tickets through the browser directly. Just another option if folks prefer to avoid the apps.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For retrieving tickets on an iPhone, Wallet does have one advantage in that the ticket is literally saved on your phone, meaning you can access it without cellular (or TD Garden's wonderful WiFi that logs you off every 27 seconds). If you're at all worried about cellular reception, Wallet is a good option - although if a major carrier were to completely fail, you wouldn't be the only one unable to access your tickets.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I have an extra ticket to Tuesday 7/9 Peter Frampton Show at Rockland Trust Pavilion. Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience is the opener.

Section 6 Row A
Paid $99 with fees. Will sell for $50.

Send PM.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
XUGSL6UMNMI6TIXZ3L3SBRO3NE.jpg

If you’re holding any Bruins ticket stubs from the 2018-19 season, consider them even more of a collector’s piece. The Bruins notified their season ticket holders in recent weeks there no longer will be printed tickets for anyone.

The decision to dump the paper ducats, said Glen Thornborough, the chief revenue officer on Causeway Street, came after some three years of weighing the pluses and minuses of the digital ticket age. In the end, the technological ease of ticket “transferability” carried the day.

“This year we thought was the year to do it,” said Thornborough, adding that nearly one-third of the league’s 31 teams have gone to paperless tickets.

A quick primer on usage, beginning with the exhibition season home opener Sept. 23:

■ Each season ticket holder (STH) will be issued what amounts to a credential, a credit-card-sized ID typically clipped to a lanyard that is placed over the neck.
“Sort of a badge of honor,” mused Thornborough.

The credential, or pass, will allow the season ticket holder to enter the building, along with companions, up to the total number of seats purchased in the season ticket holder’s account.

If the season ticket holder opts not to attend that game, he or she simply can hand over the credential for someone else to wear into the building.

Thornborough said he doubted that would be a common practice, but it’s possible, noting that the credential takes the place of 44 tickets, representing all games in a season, sitting in a drawer.

■ More typically, noted Thornborough, season ticket holders (representing 12,400 tickets per game in total) will transfer tickets digitally from their STH accounts. It only takes a matter of seconds for the account owner to “flip” the tickets, sending them to a smartphone via a designated e-mail address or text.

The recipient, with that game’s barcode on a handheld device, then will present the digital ticket for entry for that night’s contest.

Voila. Nearly a century after printing tickets — for season ticket holders and walk-up customers alike — the Original Six Bruins have jumped the digital ducat shark.

Walk-up customers, by the way, must have smartphones in order to accept the tickets they purchase at the box office.

As for those old-timers who cherish their ticket stubs, Thornborough said the Bruins will continue to print thousands of free posters, termed “roster cards”, that will be handed out each game. The posters, 11 inches by 17 inches, will serve as new-age stubs, and actually provide far greater space if the holder is lucky enough to score an autograph.

Thus far, said Thornborough, customer pushback has been minimal, and has been more than outpaced by those who like the new-age process. Nearly 50 percent of last season’s customers, he noted, entered the building via tickets on handheld devices.

“It’s a decision we don’t make lightly,” said Thornborough. “Our lifeblood is our season-ticket base, and everything we do we try to do around customer experience and how we can manage expectation. Any decisions involved with our season ticket clients are done with tremendous care — we know the value they provide. They are very emotional toward our brand, as are we.”

Reactions: Newbie10

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Wow - so they're forcing over 50 percent of their customer base to radically change the way they get their tickets and enter the building, just to save a few bucks printing? I'm sure that the people who have never used a digital ticket (or who opt to use paper tickets because it's easier for them) will have absolutely no problems with this new system, and won't jam up the gates on Level 2. :help: And they've said in their email that you're SOL if you lose your "season pass", which makes this new system even worse.

And save me the from the "preventing fraud" refrain. You can still snap a screenshot of your ticket, and send it to as many people as you want. (N.B.: DO NOT DO THIS!!! They will find you.)

I had no idea that over half the people used hard tickets...but it sounds about right. I like them as souvenirs, but honestly, if anyone's going to give me a ticket to an event, I am 100% okay with getting a card simply saying, "Check your email! We're going to see "Celebrate the Century" rock out on November 32nd!" But I know a lot of people are sentimental about gift giving, and a "real" ticket does look nicer.

(FYI, that's not a real band - it's a random Wiki page.)

Reactions: sarge88 and Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow - so they're forcing over 50 percent of their customer base to radically change the way they get their tickets and enter the building, just to save a few bucks printing? I'm sure that the people who have never used a digital ticket (or who opt to use paper tickets because it's easier for them) will have absolutely no problems with this new system, and won't jam up the gates on Level 2. :help: And they've said in their email that you're SOL if you lose your "season pass", which makes this new system even worse.

And save me the from the "preventing fraud" refrain. You can still snap a screenshot of your ticket, and send it to as many people as you want. (N.B.: DO NOT DO THIS!!! They will find you.)

I had no idea that over half the people used hard tickets...but it sounds about right. I like them as souvenirs, but honestly, if anyone's going to give me a ticket to an event, I am 100% okay with getting a card simply saying, "Check your email! We're going to see "Celebrate the Century" rock out on November 32nd!" But I know a lot of people are sentimental about gift giving, and a "real" ticket does look nicer.

(FYI, that's not a real band - it's a random Wiki page.)

Reactions: talkinaway

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
Not sure this is possible since Bruin tickets probably haven’t been printed yet but I have 2 extra tickets to the Sox vs Yankees on Friday July 26th. They’re great seats in the emc club behind home base. Full service - private restaurant with ac and bathrooms. I’ve sat in them before and trust me they’re great seats.
I’m willing to trade them for 2 good seats to the bruins vs the oilers on January 4 this coming season.
I probably will just have to sell them and then use the money to buy the bruins tix down the road. Anyways - Just throwing it out there . Any advice is appreciated,Thanks

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not sure this is possible since Bruin tickets probably haven’t been printed yet but I have 2 extra tickets to the Sox vs Yankees on Friday July 26th. They’re great seats in the emc club behind home base. Full service - private restaurant with ac and bathrooms. I’ve sat in them before and trust me they’re great seats.
I’m willing to trade them for 2 good seats to the bruins vs the oilers on January 4 this coming season.
I probably will just have to sell them and then use the money to buy the bruins tix down the road. Anyways - Just throwing it out there . Any advice is appreciated,Thanks

There will no longer be any printed B's tickets.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Ace is selling Bruins tickets already

New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins

They've been selling them for a good 3-4 weeks, I think. Ace has also upped their ticket fees site-wide by 1/3 - their old 15% fee is now 20%. Admittedly, that still gives them fairly low fees relative to some other sites. Even for the slowest 10-month payment plans, barcodes should be available for the first 22 games. And the rest are usually sold "on promise" anyway.

I wrote to my rep about the lack of hard tickets this year....granted, there's a zero chance it does anything this year, and a next-to-zero chance they'll go back. He said they do track that kind of stuff, so if you don't like it, write just so they get the "numbers".

One of the disturbing things I heard noticed in KPD's article this past Sunday was that Glen Thornborough, the Bruins chief revenue officer, seemed to believe there was "minimal pushback" from STHs. If he means in terms of the bottom line, then yeah...not many STHs will drop tickets just because of that. If he means we're all okay with losing our keepsakes...that couldn't be farther from the truth. Plus, I can't believe that the Bruins think 2-3 weeks in the summer is adequate time to judge the "pushback" - the change was announced a week or so before July 4.

It wasn't exactly handled well, either - telling STHs 2-3 days before the reps take their (well-deserved) July 4 week break, instead of announcing the changes during renewal time, is a bad practice, IMO.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
As a former STH I feel for all of you but are you really surprised that JJ and co don't care bout your opinions? When I let my tix go in 95 I was told, "somebody else will get them" and hung up on. Few years later later when they couldn't put 8000 people in the Fleece center I got a call asking if wanted to renew. Rep proudly told me they had real ticket reps and were listening to their fans, I hung up on him.

Reactions: schmautzy

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
StubHub is the official site with the Sox. Should be able to type your barcodes and sell them there...but I’ve usually noticed supply for EMC tix is usually low. Don’t know if that’s good or bad for you.
Is it legal to sell a ticket for more then face value ? I bought four tickets at a charity event. There is no value printed on the tickets. I’ve seen these tickets list online for over 1000. I just want to sell one and I don’t want to get in trouble or ruffle any feathers. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->