OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
A slightly random question but a lot of knowledgeable ticket folks here so here goes:

Has anyone received very small dollar amounts into their bank account from Ticketmaster recently? I received two payments of $0.39 and $0.10 but I don't know what they are for. I've reached out to Ticketmaster but haven't heard back. Has anyone else received such payments?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
A slightly random question but a lot of knowledgeable ticket folks here so here goes:

Has anyone received very small dollar amounts into their bank account from Ticketmaster recently? I received two payments of $0.39 and $0.10 but I don't know what they are for. I've reached out to Ticketmaster but haven't heard back. Has anyone else received such payments?

Did you set up any new payment info. That sounds like test deposits to verify an account that you set up to have sales money deposited to.

Reactions: arbitrary

nickyb

May 5, 2004
selling the following games - payment via paypal/venmo, mobile tickets transferred via bruins account. PM if interested.

Saturday, October 26 Bluessold
Tuesday, October 29 Sharks7:00 PM
Saturday, November 23 Wild7:00 PM
Tuesday, December 3 Hurricanes7:00 PM
Tuesday, December 17 Kings7:00 PM
Thursday, December 19 Islanders7:00 PM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
row 5 balcony behind the net - bruins shoot 2x - $128/pair (STH face)

Messaged you

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Anyone finding it more difficult than usual to unload tickets this year?

Trying to decide if it's our new seat location (row 3 sounds better than row 6), the bad press about the seats being uncomfortable, or it being early in the season but I know of a lot of STH's that seem to be having a more difficult time than in years past.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Anyone finding it more difficult than usual to unload tickets this year?

Trying to decide if it's our new seat location (row 3 sounds better than row 6), the bad press about the seats being uncomfortable, or it being early in the season but I know of a lot of STH's that seem to be having a more difficult time than in years past.

I think the secondary market has just been flooded with tix so far this season. I'd say it's a combo of the new seating + people still licking their credit card wounds after last year's crazy run. Fatigue is real despite how well this season has been going.

Just look at the Blues game. Saturday night game....Stanley Cup rematch.....no competition from Red Sox or Pats.........secondary market tix should've been well over face, even though it's only October. Instead stubhub was absolutely flooded with balcony seats for $60-70 after all fees. Those are Tuesday night vs Arizona or Minnesota prices.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think the secondary market has just been flooded with tix so far this season. I'd say it's a combo of the new seating + people still licking their credit card wounds after last year's crazy run. Fatigue is real despite how well this season has been going.

Just look at the Blues game. Saturday night game....Stanley Cup rematch.....no competition from Red Sox or Pats.........secondary market tix should've been well over face, even though it's only October. Instead stubhub was absolutely flooded with balcony seats for $60-70 after all fees. Those are Tuesday night vs Arizona or Minnesota prices.

The fatigue is definitely real. I know, because I have it. :laugh:

We were in Maine for a wedding this weekend so had to sell our tickets for Saturday. We had to drop them several times to get them to move.

Just crazy.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
The fatigue is definitely real. I know, because I have it. :laugh:

We were in Maine for a wedding this weekend so had to sell our tickets for Saturday. We had to drop them several times to get them to move.

Just crazy.

Tickets have always moved slowly before Thanksgiving. That said it does seem to be tougher to sell these early season games.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Fees are so outrageous on the secondary you gotta really wait it out. TickPick drops off an hour before which I didn’t know. My Toronto tickets on ticketmaster were 46 out the door after 35 on TM. That’s insane the seller netted less than 30.

Reselling tickets only benefits those sites they take so dang much.

I want to go tomorrow and to Celtics Bucks Weds so I’m being ultra vigilant to spend under 40 for each or not much over.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This may seem an odd question to some, but, can you actually get a ticket at the box office the day of a game?

I'll be in Boston Saturday and would like to go.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This may seem an odd question to some, but, can you actually get a ticket at the box office the day of a game?

Yes. Online is probably cheaper. Being against Ottawa prices aren’t too high should stay around where they are.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I remember Fenway posted a pic this season of a rare hard ticket - I think it was opening night, and if my memory serves correctly it was $90. Cheapest price I saw on Ace Ticket was $91.75, so it was reasonable...but I'm not sure the box office is always the cheapest place to get a last minute ticket, particularly for a weekend game. The game tomorrow is going for about $43 to get in on Ace, and I have a gut feeling they're not going to go that low directly from the box office.

I also don't know if they sell the "official resale tickets" at the box office. That would be a huge boon to STHs, as it would be an extra outlet - but it would hurt the Bruins, since they need to offload their primary sale tickets first. My guess is they probably don't.

I think tickets may be harder to offload this year, but I don't resell much personally. You could get the first five regular season games for just under $300 this year - last year, it was a little over $250. But it's apples an oranges - opening night on a Saturday this year, while it was on Columbus Day last year. But overall, both groups include two Saturdays, two from Tu/Thur, and one Columbus Day matinee, with only one premium opponent (Habs last year, Leafs this year) in each group.

I'm definitely worried that the (deserved) bad press is going to hurt everyone. STHs can't sell, get pissed off, and don't renew. Next year, ticket prices plummet, and remaining STHs get annoyed.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
2 for Saturday 11/2 Ottawa
Balcony 301 Row 6 $74 each. Venmo or Paypal Friends Or Family

Last edited:

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
Update: SOLD

Also have 2 for Saturday 11/2 vs. Ottawa for sale - Loge 3 for $125 each (STH face). Please send a message if interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
4 tickets together for Monday 11/4 against the Penguins. $65 per ticket season ticket face value. Section 312, row 6 seats on the aisle. PM me or email [email protected] if interested. Will split into pairs if you only need 2.

BruinsCupNow

Mar 9, 2002
Toronto.
Visit site
This is waaaaay off in the future. But planning to be in Boston for March 28 vs. Florida. Not sure yet if I'll be looking for 2, 3 or 4 tickets. But if there's an STH who wants to unload, think of me!

--BCN

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
2 for Tuesday 11/12 Florida
Balcony 301 Row 6 $74 each. Venmo or Paypal Friends Or Family

BruinsCupNow

Mar 9, 2002
Toronto.
Visit site
This is waaaaay off in the future. But planning to be in Boston for March 28 vs. Florida. Not sure yet if I'll be looking for 2, 3 or 4 tickets. But if there's an STH who wants to unload, think of me!

--BCN

Can confirm that I am looking for 4 tickets for the Panthers game on March 28th. Can't wait to come to Boston!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Has anyone ever watched from the 9th floor?

The new 9th floor on the south side has only been up for maybe 2 Bruins games...so, I don't think too many people could say yes in terms of how it's configured now.

I went maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 5-6 years - they called it a "Premium" location even back then, but, frankly, that description was very generous. You get fold-out chairs (think the same type you might get if you sit in the ADA sections in the balcony or loge), which are fine, but not nearly as good as the mega-cooshy ones that they used to have in the club/suites. There was only one row, which was cool.

You're pretty removed from the action - the birds-eye view is similar to what you'd see on TV. The advantage is that there aren't really too many "blind spots" like you'd get at the lower levels - I never got the concept of charging a ton for glass seats, when you can actually see more of the action up on the 9th or 10th row of the loge. It was fairly subdued - you got a short little ledge to yourself for your drinks - I think big enough that the reporters on the other end of the 9th floor could set up tablets. I think the food options up there were limited.

As for now - it's pretty different. Haven't been up there, but I think there are two rows of seating from what I see - sort of "hanging over the edge". The pitch looks good enough that the back row isn't blocked. Seats are probably the same as the new seats in the club/suites.

I do have to say that I liked the view - when you consider that it's basically the view that Jack Edwards uses to call the game (probably in combo with an in-suite TV), it's not a bad spot to see the game. The atmosphere was a little quieter, many as a function of the fact that there aren't too many people up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->