OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Even worse. $630/ticket after fees. Ouch.

Oh that's gross.

When I saw the market, I was shocked. Is a quick payday tempting? Of course. But it's the Finals. This is why you line JJ's pockets for 10 months out of the year. You never know when you're going to be back here again.

Reactions: dtam83

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This much I know - The western champ will be given 3 full days off.

The SCF is a different animal - teams have to devote a good part of one day making the players sit down with all 4 networks to update graphics. Players need to deal with tickets - so the Bruins have one break where a lot of this can be done early next week.

I am considered a game cameraman and my duties won't change that much but there will be more cameras at each game for beauty shots. NBC will bring in some of the Steadicam operators that work SNF.

I have heard 3 possible dates for Game 1 - 25th, 26th or 27th.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
25th Start... This assumes two days off for travel... Would this still be the case if it was STL?

G1 Saturday 25th
G2 Monday 27th
G3 Thursday 30th
G4 Saturday 1st
G5 Tuesday 4th
G6 Friday 7th
G7 Monday 10th

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Even worse. $630/ticket after fees. Ouch.

Ace Ticket is a little better. Just under $600 after fees to get in the door, and you get a little under $3o off your next purchase, so basically a free ticket to a weekday Sox game. (Or two if you're not picky about your seat!)

I have notes saying StubHub had at least one ticket for Game 1 for just under $500 in very late March. But there's a danger in buying that early off of StubHub (and even Ace)...the owner can write in to StubHub and say the ticket is suddenly unavailable. StubHub's guarantee is that they'll either give you a ticket from their inventory that's better than your old ticket, OR they will refund your money - their choice of which option. It's unlikely that they'd part with a $600 ticket when you paid $500. So, StubHub gets a fee they charge the seller for a "revoked sale", and you get zilch (unless you complain - they may give you a code for 5% or 10% off of your purchase price, but they're not obligated to do so.)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
25th Start... This assumes two days off for travel... Would this still be the case if it was STL?

G1 Saturday 25th
G2 Monday 27th
G3 Thursday 30th
G4 Saturday 1st
G5 Tuesday 4th
G6 Friday 7th
G7 Monday 10th

It's tough to crystal ball things. For Game 1, I'm sure Jacobs would love a Saturday night game, and NBC has a wide open schedule with junk in prime time (The Wall and Dateline) and an SNL repeat. As you note, it would also set up a nice double-dip in terms of weekend/holiday games if they went for Memorial Day, too.

However, in the other league having their playoffs, the NBA's Saturday night game is a Game 6 Bucks@Raptors game. I know very little about basketball, but my guess is that the Game 7 scheduled for Sunday night is far less likely to take place - it's Portland@GSW. There's also no Red Sox competition on Sunday night - and, even if it's the Cup Finals, the NHL still has a pretty heavily balkanized viewership.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh that's gross.

When I saw the market, I was shocked. Is a quick payday tempting? Of course. But it's the Finals. This is why you line JJ's pockets for 10 months out of the year. You never know when you're going to be back here again.
Odds are 6% or every 16 years they are in a the Finals

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We'll be away the weekend of June 1 & 2. Thinking that's pretty solidly outside of the probability for a home game, correct?

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I have a feeling there will be quite a few tix flooding the secondary market if folks have non-refundable vacations planned for Memorial Day Weekend.

True, but its very frustrating that people lower their prices at such a large rate. I get that they want their ticket to appear first, but you don't have to decrease the price $50 to do that. Completely destroys the market for sellers.

Punk

Oct 3, 2005
SK
Planning on coming down for Game 1 and 2 with my Brother. Lifelong Bruins fans from Saskatchewan Canada. Very excited - Was planning on going to some home games in December 2019 but can't pass up this opportunity. What is the best site to get tickets from with all fee's included? And where would you recommend we stay for easy transportation to the Garden? As well as sight seeing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad