OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.png
    thumbnail_image1.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 24

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Ha I did not get that email.

I would complain about STH getting undercut on prices but it won't do any good.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Maybe I'm in a minority, but I don't really care much about the opponent?

I mean obviously a Toronto or Monteal series has different juice, but I go to watch the Bruins, not the matchup.

Reactions: KuralySnipes

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
STHs do have to look at the "whole package" - yes, STHs are taking a hit on Game 1 of the ECF. But we're probably going to make it to Game 5. Even against a lower interest team like Carolina, that's going to be a hot ticket, even if it's not an elimination game - it'll be on Saturday night, and it could be the last home game before elimination or before the SCF.

I wasn't complaining about my $74 first round ticket when Game 1 for the Leafs was going for as low as $90 - because Game 7 went for $200.

You're not going to save a ton over face value on every game in the playoffs, just like you're not going save on FV on every game in the regular/preseason.

It is a little cheesy that, for example, in round 2, the Bruins offered flash tickets for $100 and $125 for the first two games, when my price was $111. But that flash offer went to $180 for game 5...meaning, overall, I saved a little in that round. Not a ton, but a little.

That said, I am surprised that they're being so ruthless in the loge. I think some of those loge seats are held for players and media to buy - and maybe there's not much interest. I vaguely recall seeing an Instagram of a player's wife in 20, and I know 5-6 years ago they were selling regular season seats in that area at 1 PM the day of the game for low prices. It's mandated that a certain number of seats in each arena are held for the home team and the opposing team...and in the playoffs, the NHL gets a few seats, too, IIRC.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
The only round so far that has had any sort of buzz is Toronto. The jump in pricing to STH from round 1 to 2 and 3 has probably reached peak what people can pay. Toronto fans will pay anything but Columbus has no fans who travel and neither does Carolina. So your left canibalizing the Boston market which I imagine can only tolerate so much. I'm getting killed for my balcon tickets as nobody wants (or mostly can't) go to Games 1 and 2 due to terrible scheduling. I truly feel for Loge holders who must be really being killed. Game 5 might not get as much as we think either, the Canes are just a terrible terrible draw. A team nobody cares about.

Reactions: dtam83

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They have replaced the seats in my section in the Balcony with the new ones, and I just want to say that I absolutely hate them.

This is exactly what I was concerned about the moment I got the email about "improvements" to TD Garden. You can't tell me that my row, which currently has 11 seats, will be able to magically sprout a 12th seat over this summer. That's a 9% decrease in seat width. Even if you decrease the stairway width (great, let's have people fall down from the 7th row all the way to the 3rd because of narrow stairs) and add other "comfort yet space-saving measures" developed by airlines, it's still going to suuuuuuuuuuuck. Because we know how people LOVE airplane seats, right?

But you know where there's going to be MORE space? The concourse! I wouldn't be surprised if they played this during intermission to get people out of the seats:

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I'm sure Jacobs would thrilled to have seats people out of their seats during the 18 minute intermission.

It's not surprising that they're doing this. The Garden can definitely make more money with more seats. I don't know about Celtics, but for Bruins, they seem close to capacity. We're the 10th smallest arena in seating capacity - less than average, which might make sense for smaller metro areas, but not for Boston.

I have to say, in fairness, that I'm not annoyed yet by the width of my old seat. It fits me. It fits 90% of the people who sit next to me. I don't need a cup holder - the beer fits fine in my hand while it's full, and under my chair when it's empty.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Can you expand on what is wrong with the new seats?

They replaced my seats too. Went from standard hard-backs to cushy green seats that resemble the ones they have @ club level.

What we're noticing in our section during the playoffs is that they're more conducive to leaning forward as you sink a bit in your seat. Leaners are always a battle in the balcony, and these seats seem to make the problem a bit worse. Comfy though.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
They replaced my seats too. Went from standard hard-backs to cushy green seats that resemble the ones they have @ club level.

What we're noticing in our section during the playoffs is that they're more conducive to leaning forward as you sink a bit in your seat. Leaners are always a battle in the balcony, and these seats seem to make the problem a bit worse. Comfy though.

Thanks for the detail.

I moved from balcony to Loge years ago because of the leaners factor. Don't think this will be a problem in Loge if the replacement seats are similar to balcony but you never know how things get affected when there is major change like this.

Reactions: C0ach B0mbay

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Hrm.....my former vitriol may be appeased if this is the case. I love those cushy club seats.

I don't mind the leaners that much - and I'm short. Even in rows 11 or higher...the Garden does it right by making the pitch fairly steep (although it's nothing compared to what I've heard about the old Garden, from what I heard.)

My peeve is the folks who don't wait for the whistle to get up. I get it with kids - their bladders are unpredictable, so free pass there. But if you're an adult (particularly one who's been to hockey games before) getting up with 2 minutes left in the period to "avoid the bathroom line" (hint: you're not a genius - everyone else is thinking the exact same thing!), I hope to hell that the Bruins score in those 2 minutes and you hear a very, very loud "WOO" from a very, very long line. Either wait for the whistle, or wait for the horn.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Hrm.....my former vitriol may be appeased if this is the case. I love those cushy club seats.

I don't mind the leaners that much - and I'm short. Even in rows 11 or higher...the Garden does it right by making the pitch fairly steep (although it's nothing compared to what I've heard about the old Garden, from what I heard.)

My peeve is the folks who don't wait for the whistle to get up. I get it with kids - their bladders are unpredictable, so free pass there. But if you're an adult (particularly one who's been to hockey games before) getting up with 2 minutes left in the period to "avoid the bathroom line" (hint: you're not a genius - everyone else is thinking the exact same thing!), I hope to hell that the Bruins score in those 2 minutes and you hear a very, very loud "WOO" from a very, very long line. Either wait for the whistle, or wait for the horn.
depends on your seats. my seats are in section 312 and it's the worst angle for leaners. If the person in front of you leans, then that pretty much blocks the faceoff circle. only solution, lean yourself

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
Can you expand on what is wrong with the new seats?

Sorry, I should have elaborated. As some have mentioned, they're seats with cushions now, which is kind of nice. They sit a bit higher than the older ones. The biggest issue I have is the width. They are much narrower than the old ones, so that they can fit more seats in the row. They added one seat to my row. I'm not the smallest guy, but I'm not the largest either. The arm rests sit right on my hip bones. Then if you have people sitting next to you, you're squished. They're very uncomfortable because I'm trying to hold my legs in and not intrude onto my neighbors' seats.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I'm sure Jacobs would thrilled to have seats people out of their seats during the 18 minute intermission.

It's funny you mention this, because last night, the only reason I got up in intermission was because I had to stretch my legs because of how I had to sit to not rub legs with the people sitting next to me haha. I was so uncomfortable.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006

YES. I completely agree with this. The worst is when the usher doesn't stop people from entering during play. Just seems inconsiderate to me.

Reactions: Ladyfan

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The new seats are terrible. So small. You basically need to be a small child or a super model to fit in them. So uncomfortable and you really can’t slide forward without kneeing the person in front of you in the head.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins have always claimed the capacity for hockey at TD Garden is 17,565 but that number has been suspect since the building opened. When the Frozen Four was in Boston in 1998 they listed the attendance as 18,329.

Much is Jacobs accounting voodoo - concerning Levels 5,6 and 9.

We have told that the main TV camera positions next year will be moved up into Level 7 to free up loge space on Level 6. :dunno:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Bruins have always claimed the capacity for hockey at TD Garden is 17,565 but that number has been suspect since the building opened. When the Frozen Four was in Boston in 1998 they listed the attendance as 18,329.

Much is Jacobs accounting voodoo - concerning Levels 5,6 and 9.

We have told that the main TV camera positions next year will be moved up into Level 7 to free up loge space on Level 6. :dunno:

Will that make much difference in how we see the game?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The new seats are terrible. So small. You basically need to be a small child or a super model to fit in them. So uncomfortable and you really can’t slide forward without kneeing the person in front of you in the head.
That isn't good news. There are now 8 seats and next season there will be 3 more in our row. I thought they were going to change the walkway and we were told the seats would actually have more room.

. Sometimes I feel so squished because the person next to me is taking part of my seat. We thought the seats were supposed to be better.

Reactions: sarge88

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
Anyone need 2 tickets for today?

I have two in 329 row 8 for face $400 for the pair . Something came up and we can't go.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
My Bruins rep tells me last week that they are putting the Players entrance to the ice right next to my seats in loge 4 . Has anybody hear about this change for next year...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad