OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My boss says the NHL and NBC have already decided that a Game 3 in San Jose would be no earlier than the 31st because of NKOTB

First Cher messed with the playoff schedules and now NKOTB will if SJ is in it? What is this world coming too?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
We'll be away the weekend of June 1 & 2. Thinking that's pretty solidly outside of the probability for a home game, correct?

Working backwards, a June 2 Game 5 would lead to a Saturday Game 1 on May 25 - and that's if they play every other day with no air travel breaks. It also means, per Fenway, that the WCF would have to end by May 22 - ie not go to Game 7 - because they need 3 days for the WC winner to have a "media day".

But even that checkerboarded schedule would interfere with NKOTB overlapping in the SAP Center with Game 3 if San Jose wins. And even without NKOTB, they usually schedule multiple extra days of rest in the SCF, and I don't think they'd ever run a back-to-back without some kind of arena availability catastrophe - and even then, the arenas have been known to cancel concerts to appease the NHL scheduling gurus (ie Garth Brooks in Tampa).

I'm guessing you're safe.

Planning on coming down for Game 1 and 2 with my Brother. Lifelong Bruins fans from Saskatchewan Canada. Very excited - Was planning on going to some home games in December 2019 but can't pass up this opportunity. What is the best site to get tickets from with all fee's included? And where would you recommend we stay for easy transportation to the Garden? As well as sight seeing. Thanks a lot in advance.

I'd check Ace Ticket, StubHub, and TicketsNow/TicketMaster resale. You are definitely right to account for fees: Ace is 15%, StubHub is highly variable and can run from 20% to 28% plus a flat $2.50 per ticket fee, and TicketsNow is 21.5%. Prices will change, but...this is theoretically a once-in-sixteen-year opportunity. There's not a ton of precedent in terms of "timing the market", but prices seem to be dropping now that STH credit cards have been charged and tickets have hit the market.

Reactions: Kate08

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Oh that's gross.

When I saw the market, I was shocked. Is a quick payday tempting? Of course. But it's the Finals. This is why you line JJ's pockets for 10 months out of the year. You never know when you're going to be back here again.
This. I'm one and done with ST's, just too much work for me to try to sell games I'm not going to (which are a lot with 2 small kids). I could make money off of the tickets but the reason I ever got on the waiting list was looking into "face value" tickets for the 2013 SCF.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
This much I know - The western champ will be given 3 full days off.

The SCF is a different animal - teams have to devote a good part of one day making the players sit down with all 4 networks to update graphics. Players need to deal with tickets - so the Bruins have one break where a lot of this can be done early next week.

I am considered a game cameraman and my duties won't change that much but there will be more cameras at each game for beauty shots. NBC will bring in some of the Steadicam operators that work SNF.

I have heard 3 possible dates for Game 1 - 25th, 26th or 27th.
Mind asking your bosses to invest in some 4K cameras?

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
any chance anybody selling 3 tickets for game 2 or game 5????
acetickets, stubhub, seatgeak all a big joke with their ticket "fee" prices.....

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
any chance anybody selling 3 tickets for game 2 or game 5????
acetickets, stubhub, seatgeak all a big joke with their ticket "fee" prices.....

I like TickPick, as they don't have the insane fees.

Still....ticket prices seem very high...higher than I remember in the past cup runs. Still holding out hope they'll come down, but I'm starting to worry they won't.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I like TickPick, as they don't have the insane fees.

Still....ticket prices seem very high...higher than I remember in the past cup runs. Still holding out hope they'll come down, but I'm starting to worry they won't.

There's still a week to go...it's a game of virtual chicken.

In terms of the "fees", I really don't care what's going to "fee" and what's going to "ticket" - it's all about the total. And they can hide fees by charging both the seller and the buyer a fee - which many secondary sites do.

For StubHub, the fee is higher on the more expensive tickets because they essentially are insuring your ticket - if you get a bad ticket, they charge the bad reseller a fine. They can then use your ticket charge, plus your fee, along with that fine to help get you a "comparable" ticket from their inventory - and they get a sellers fee from that second sale, too!

TickPick seems "closer to the source" for some tickets, though...might be good to check out. I see the same seats available on TickPick and StubHub - many resellers cross-list and automatically take down their tickets from other sites when it gets sold on one. TickPick seems cheaper than StubHub...but Ace seems a little lower if you're just trying to get in.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

In terms of the "fees", I really don't care what's going to "fee" and what's going to "ticket" - it's all about the total. And they can hide fees by charging both the seller and the buyer a fee - which many secondary sites do.

For StubHub, the fee is higher on the more expensive tickets because they essentially are insuring your ticket - if you get a bad ticket, they charge the bad reseller a fine. They can then use your ticket charge, plus your fee, along with that fine to help get you a "comparable" ticket from their inventory - and they get a sellers fee from that second sale, too!

TickPick seems "closer to the source" for some tickets, though...might be good to check out. I see the same seats available on TickPick and StubHub - many resellers cross-list and automatically take down their tickets from other sites when it gets sold on one. TickPick seems cheaper than StubHub...but Ace seems a little lower if you're just trying to get in.

With the push moving everything towards electronic tickets, the high fees are less justifiable. Now it just feels like a racket.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Tickpick only takes the 10% charged to the seller.

Stubhub just doesn't stop increasing their fees on both ends. If a credit card gets hit for 100 total including all fees the seller isn't going to see more than 60 bucks. There is no stopping them they have the market share. And now ticketmaster has followed suit and added an extra 5-10% on top of their already insanely high fees in the last weeks/months.

Buying/selling on any site other than tick pick is stupid only problem is people haven't really heard of it. People are conditioned to use stubhub lots of times paying more than the box office price to non sold out events for the cheapest thing on stubhub. They know people who hit the buy button are likely to complete checkout regardless of what they build in for fees.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think I'll get into G2 for 400-450 on game day all in. Anything lower is wishful thinking and I am not going to wait until puck drop and risk missing anything. Will watch the rest on TV.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Prices are higher than other runs because the actual cost of tickets for primary buyers is higher.

In 2011, our Finals tickets were $104. In 2013, I can’t remember the exact number but they were less than $150 per ticket. This year they’re $179. That’s the STH price, never mind what the box office is charging.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
Ours are 190 I believe for our balcony seats. In 2011 I recall our Finals being 103$ and saw people flipping them for big money to vancouver fans.
I think this round will be a pricey ticket as you have scalpers wanting their lost investment back for rounds 2 and 3 plus the Cup factor. I don't know many people selling theirs either who have ST. If the sharks somehow pull it out do people see that making prices go higher since silicon valley has a lot of $?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm not sure if either team is "better" for sellers. STHs have already paid their price for the tickets, so there's a baseline set. It's the Stanley Cup Finals - nobody in Boston is going to say, "Eh, I was going to go to the game, but it's the (Sharks/Blues), and I wanted to see the (Blues/Sharks)".

People will travel, and there is money in Silicon Valley...but there are also a plethora of teams in California to choose from. Granted, locally, the Sharks are the only San Jose team out there, but if you "don't do hockey", there's other teams to follow that may be a little farther out. Plus, it is quite a distance to travel, especially on moderately short notice.

If anything, it's the quality of the opponent that will change the price - and both teams are solid, and there's a good storyline for both. I like a good storyline, but even I got a little tired of "Taunting Dougie Hamilton" being the only interesting story over the last two rounds. Both fanbases will be interested in the possibility of winning their first Cup, but I'd say the Sharks have a slight advantage in bumping the ticket prices, but it's not clear-cut, like Washington versus Carolina.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ours are 190 I believe for our balcony seats. In 2011 I recall our Finals being 103$ and saw people flipping them for big money to vancouver fans.
I think this round will be a pricey ticket as you have scalpers wanting their lost investment back for rounds 2 and 3 plus the Cup factor. I don't know many people selling theirs either who have ST. If the sharks somehow pull it out do people see that making prices go higher since silicon valley has a lot of $?
In 2011 I paid $103 per game. In 2013, I want to say I paid almost $200.

I went to every game in 2011 but I sold game 3 and made a killing in 2013 even with 1 ticket. I should have sold Game 6 as I had someone offer me over $1,000 for it...

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'm curious what the market in STL (or SJ) will be. My plan is to try and be at any potential clincher for the B's (with the exception of Game 7...as I'm on a family vacation until that afternoon, and won't be able to fly to Boston in time).

So I plan to look at the box office for Game 6 tickets once the opponent is determined. My guess is they'll be cheaper than secondary market if it gets to that point.

Game 4 I'm going to hold off on. IF (big if) the Bruins have a chance to clinch that early, it's likely the secondary market will tank, and I'll be able to get in the door at a reasonable price.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
interested in game 5 tickets if any STH here wants to sell. Can PM me, just don't want to pay outrageous fees on stubhub etc.

Punk

Oct 3, 2005
SK
A long shot but looking for 2 tickets for games 1 and 2. PM me if you have anything available.

drudolf

May 23, 2019
I have 3 tickets to tonight's scrimmage. They are $20 each, to be transferred via ticketmaster.

H-ipQr7HoCCEVBYuABAvuiGIl5fd-zsqNpUnjFL91rV3MaBeedf0-95BhW6GrjN6vxYEufNrXzEvMouPv4TTrTGa7q3FHmTFW1qjeM0-EP8I7K-JOqHX_GmNtHoX14Y0bvXQIP76IHoODB3LiAvgKlsJw07zUYVr7vwnAtYBnLBT1_OmRU00cRxiSb9klOYS3xe7HHx3XkRG_gdx7POzdjNmPI0tQU5pwn5WBQrl6T27_dXBwxVNCMH9ciUq3i4SoI-BvRo226Gh9C3X2Qj6kE_Jg-W4K2ZBX-8EtzeVQOYQPl-xIEPyd6pKrYj1A91rZ4SZhQoucR5aMV37a7KoJqVlhh5VH0I-GVDG0TcQgIyi35hpbN2VUXT-pzIMJWLUtTkCocf3xznQn8KGgWi8W1AXvLU3OpLGXG7N87ghBQFgvZbzkk4j0LLPy3cjm4VRw-yOrzteDMyVntm2GuihXbX4H04TdIxGlb7yB7ZusjAhXVWIngdKRpceZSMYOarmUiY-7SBEHgnbEnLRC6AcS-t62jH5C1ODYibPz9KoShlSPM-Ne-3dwBkY1MBu8AL9HANKaiW8JMJrN3tRabDC51iqbNnH6z6o3K0pbvaza_kQtdB8fn1f0p9syuu6bYI-YZTD9fRNj8SqXBW1ANScMr5GIWKjNS0x=w728-h530-no

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad