OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Turns out I only need a single to Game 2. PM me...

What is shocking at how ticket prices in St Louis are trending

Best I can tell they haven't released any seats for sale unless you're a STH or bought a full season plan for next year...unless I'm missing something?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Still looking for game 5 tix. Just an FYI, I have not been active on websites to know what they are charging! If you're looking to make 400+ per ticket profit I'm not interested! I'm trying to take my daughter to a game from the maritimes which includes air fare and hotel so I'm the wrong clientele to make mad cash offf

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Still looking for game 5 tix. Just an FYI, I have not been active on websites to know what they are charging! If you're looking to make 400+ per ticket profit I'm not interested! I'm trying to take my daughter to a game from the maritimes which includes air fare and hotel so I'm the wrong clientele to make mad cash offf

I mean this in the nicest way possible because I think it’s awesome that you’re trying to take your daughter to a game, especially since you have to factor in travel expenses.

If you want to go, you’re likely going to need to reset your expectations around what you’ll be paying. Or at the bare minimum do some research on the market. I don’t think any clientele is excited to have “mad cash” made off of them, but it’s the Finals and unfortunately that’s the market.

Hopefully someone can hook you up somehow, but I wouldn’t expect it.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I mean this in the nicest way possible because I think it’s awesome that you’re trying to take your daughter to a game, especially since you have to factor in travel expenses.

If you want to go, you’re likely going to need to reset your expectations around what you’ll be paying. Or at the bare minimum do some research on the market. I don’t think any clientele is excited to have “mad cash” made off of them, but it’s the Finals and unfortunately that’s the market.

I agree!

But I'm looking for a good samaritan

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

@Kate08 I think it is safe to say that many STH's are looking at selling either Game 1 or 2 to help pay for a Game 5 or 7.

Most STH's gasped when they got the email of what each round would be and saw the prices for Rounds 3 and 4. For many who pay on the Jacobs installment plan, their ST is higher than their car payment. But no true fan is going to part with Game 5 or 7.

@Dizzay I hope it works out for you.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@Kate08 I think it is safe to say that many STH's are looking at selling either Game 1 or 2 to help pay for a Game 5 or 7.

Most STH's gasped when they got the email of what each round would be and saw the prices for Rounds 3 and 4. For many who pay on the Jacobs installment plan, their ST is higher than their car payment. But no true fan is going to part with Game 5 or 7.

I get it, but even given that the market is high. There doesn’t seem to be a ticket out there for less than $500 per, and that’s before fees. So unless someone does the good samaritan thing as the poster is hoping for, even an off-ticket site deal is still going to be a hell of a markup.

Just trying to provide the poster with some information, as he states he hasn’t looked at the market at all. Someone may offer him a deal that actually IS generous based on market conditions, but will still seem high to him as he hasn’t done any research. Hoping someone will help you out is fine, but it’s a wise idea to be an educated consumer. I’m all for hoping for the kindness of strangers but you also need a contingency plan if it’s something you really want to do/experience.

And I’m aware of the impact tickets have on a monthly budget. It’s our highest expense outside of the mortgage. Sure the idea of making some significant money to help pay for the $2k we’ve spent on playoffs so far is appealing, but access to the Finals for under $200 is probably the biggest perk of having tickets. Unless there’s some unavoidable conflict, there’s no way we’re selling. And if we had to for whatever reason, 100% taking that sting away by trying to help pay ourselves back for what has been spent already.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I get it, but even given that the market is high. There doesn’t seem to be a ticket out there for less than $500 per, and that’s before fees. So unless someone does the good samaritan thing as the poster is hoping for, even an off-ticket site deal is still going to be a hell of a markup.

Just trying to provide the poster with some information, as he states he hasn’t looked at the market at all. Someone may offer him a deal that actually IS generous based on market conditions, but will still seem high to him as he hasn’t done any research. Hoping someone will help you out is fine, but it’s a wise idea to be an educated consumer. I’m all for hoping for the kindness of strangers but you also need a contingency plan if it’s something you really want to do/experience.

And I’m aware of the impact tickets have on a monthly budget. It’s our highest expense outside of the mortgage. Sure the idea of making some significant money to help pay for the $2k we’ve spent on playoffs so far is appealing, but access to the Finals for under $200 is probably the biggest perk of having tickets. Unless there’s some unavoidable conflict, there’s no way we’re selling. And if we had to for whatever reason, 100% taking that sting away by trying to help pay ourselves back for what has been spent already.
I totally agree. My monthly bill on my credit card for the 10-month plan (NOT including the playoffs) is more than my mortgage. I usually use my federal tax return for the first round or two of the playoffs but had to pay almost $2000 this year to the government so I am broke. There is no way I should be keeping my ST but for now I am. I don't sell playoffs but if I did it would be for as much as I can.

Our regular seats have almost doubled in price since we first got the tickets . I used to sell to folks I work with for face value but now sell for profit because if I don't I will be priced out of buying the seats. Unfortunately even though I have received two increases in pay in the last two years I am taking home less than I was 2 years ago....thanks to the new and improved tax codes:thumbd:

Most ST holders I know sell at a profit now where in the past they would have sold at their cost. If we don't do this we would be priced out like many STH already have been. I feel bad when folks ask me if I would sell them my seats because I used to .

The seats on the glass in front of our row used to be die hard fans from the old Garden but most have been priced out and the few that remain sell many of their games because they cannot afford the price. So in their "on the glass" seats we now have rich bankers/ pink hats who only care about getting drunk and getting themselves on the jumbotron . Some love to pound on the glass the whole game or they just text instead of watching the game...It is sad. I miss the real fans.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I went to all 4 round one

Games 2 and 5 Columbus

Game 1 Carolina

I’ve got my Finals seats for 1,5,7 and my bud has game 2 at my cost (great friend who buys a bunch from me regular season and I figure if I ever became homeless I could live with his family:nod:)

But I saved on series 2 and 3 and the Blues have been a favorite of my daughter who has sported a Blues and Bruins decal on her car for 3 years- her only stickers on that car)

My friend was nice enough to let me sit in his luxury box - maybe best in building - for game 2

Next year back to going to
All games but second unless Cup clincher

6% chance of going to Finals

Toronto hasn’t been in 52 years

so figured make an exception

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How long does it usually take Papa Jacobs to refund for the unplayed playoffs games? My bank account wasn't expecting a run all the way to the Finals. And the fact that Ticketmaster is still holding on to my funds from selling game 1 of the COLUMBUS series doesn't help.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
As far as Good Samaritans go, one word of warning that I’m sure all the newscasters have been saying: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Frankly, there’s no way a STH is going to sell a balcony ticket offsite for $250 (which is still about 40% over FV) when they can get $450 without blinking online - and that’s including fees.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing - remember, STHs make a commitment to buy 44 games - and that commitment stands even if the team stinks, or if the STH’s financial situation changes. They also make a commitment later in the year to buy 16 playoff games, some of which can have dates and opponents announced just under 48 hours in advance, and some of which may get cancelled with that same 48 hours notice.

STHs basically get a modestly bad deal if we don’t make the playoffs...and in return get a great deal if we make the Cup Finals. It’s a bit like the stock market.

So, if someone is offering you a $200 balcony seat, and the cheapest you can find on major resale sites is $500...you have to ask why they aren’t listing the tickets on the site itself. It’s a bit of a warning sign. StubHub will charge resellers who sell fake tickets, so there’s incentive there to be honest. TicketMaster/TicketsNow reissues bar codes, so there’s no way to fake those. But if you’re getting a ticket from Craigslist or here, look for reputation, or maybe go with a known quantity.

That’s not to say folks here haven’t made equitable deals, particularly for throwaway regular season games. But it does come with risk, and there’s no real recourse - HFBoards can’t do anything, as noted in the opening post here.

Reactions: sarge88 and sooshii

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
How long does it usually take Papa Jacobs to refund for the unplayed playoffs games? My bank account wasn't expecting a run all the way to the Finals. And the fact that Ticketmaster is still holding on to my funds from selling game 1 of the COLUMBUS series doesn't help.
Wow , Really ! Ticketmaster is still holding on to your money for a Columbus game you sold...? They are like the Mafia....:skeptic:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

That's nuts about the Columbus game! I'd check with your rep, just in case some account information was wrong. I sold tickets on TM for a 1/8 game, and had it directly deposited in my bank account - showed up on 1/10.

I'm assuming you didn't pick Pay As We Go for your playoff tickets. Not sure when they return your money, but my guess is that, in order to reduce how much they have to pay the credit card companies for refunds, if you pay in the "one lump sum" or "three installment" plans (I think those are the options I saw - I forget), they probably wait until the Bruins are eliminated and refund ALL your money at once. I think they give you an option to either take the refund "now" (when all the games are over), or to apply it to next year's games.

Reactions: wintersej

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Only took 4 days to get payment on tickets sold for me

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
That's nuts about the Columbus game! I'd check with your rep, just in case some account information was wrong. I sold tickets on TM for a 1/8 game, and had it directly deposited in my bank account - showed up on 1/10.

I'm assuming you didn't pick Pay As We Go for your playoff tickets. Not sure when they return your money, but my guess is that, in order to reduce how much they have to pay the credit card companies for refunds, if you pay in the "one lump sum" or "three installment" plans (I think those are the options I saw - I forget), they probably wait until the Bruins are eliminated and refund ALL your money at once. I think they give you an option to either take the refund "now" (when all the games are over), or to apply it to next year's games.
You mean "win the cup" before refunding....

Reactions: wintersej

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I don't have Bs tickets, but have been a Patriots STH since '98. I always sell a minimum of 3-4 games on the Ticket Exchange, where we are now able to set our own prices. By applying it directly to my account, my bill for the season this year was very affordable. Like others have stated, for me, it's purely economical. It's a financial gamble - one I'm going to be losing as soon as TB12 and BB ride off into the sunset.

As far as being a good samaritan, I'm all for doing that too and have gifted or sold at face value many times. I'm also only on the hook for 10 preseason/regular season games, which softens the blow considerably. There is not, however, any discount off the box office price. For me, it's always been about the guaranteed playoff tickets. I've only missed three home playoff games in the history of the franchise and that wouldn't be possible without season tickets.

So, while I'd like to get into game 2 with my six-year-old for $500 total, I realize that's just not the market and I understand why, completely.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
So educated guess that the bruins won't send a game day text with last min tickets to the finals games.... :thumbd:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So educated guess that the bruins won't send a game day text with last min tickets to the finals games.... :thumbd:

Doubt it...there are perhaps 3 or 4 isolated "blue dot" seats on Ticketmaster in the loge for the low, low price of $1,050 plus fees. I think that's the inventory that Experience uses, but I could be wrong. Plus, I'm sure all players from both teams, as well as the NHLPA, are using their allotted tickets.

It's actually quite kind of them - imagine the sheer number of heart attacks they'd cause blasting out a text message that Bruins tickets are available for "only" $600....

Punk

Oct 3, 2005
SK
;Have a quick question. I am planning on coming down for Game 5 and 7 (If needed) and see tickets for sale on Ticketmaster . Is it safe to buy these tickets and are they guaranteed? Or can the seller cancel the tickets and resell them for more if that game ends up becoming a Stanley cup clincher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->