OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
That isn't good news. There are now 8 seats and next season there will be 3 more in our row. I thought they were going to change the walkway and we were told the seats would actually have more room.

. Sometimes I feel so squished because the person next to me is taking part of my seat. We thought the seats were supposed to be better.

I sometimes get squished too...I said earlier 90% of the time it's fine, and that's the other 10%! I don't know what the loge renovations will entail, but it feels like they're reconfiguring more there, especially on the south/bench side. I bet the result will be loge seats will be at least slightly wider than balcony - just like it is now, I think. But I know they're doing major stuff by where you are - eliminating an entire section and the like.

But I can't imagine they're NOT going for a higher capacity. They can probably sell the tickets - they'd be fools go to in the other direction and decrease capacity.

My Bruins rep tells me last week that they are putting the Players entrance to the ice right next to my seats in loge 4 . Has anybody hear about this change for next year...?

Looks like it - I heard that rumor earlier here. I think the Bruins will enter where they normally do, and the opposing team will enter through 4. I remember one time a long time ago (I think it was the day they showed off the medals from Tuukka, Loui, and Patrice from Sochi), I think I saw the Caps playing two touch near the "draft picks" bar in a cordoned off area, near Legends. The visiting locker room must be close, and there's also an entrance onto the ice near there.

I wonder if that means that visitors won't be able to leave to "go to the room" during the action, but we will? I've always thought that was a jerky arena design - the Habs make it worse, forcing the coaches to walk across the ice to get to the locker room during intermission, IIRC. Hope we're not following suit in that regard.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I sometimes get squished too...I said earlier 90% of the time it's fine, and that's the other 10%! I don't know what the loge renovations will entail, but it feels like they're reconfiguring more there, especially on the south/bench side. I bet the result will be loge seats will be at least slightly wider than balcony - just like it is now, I think. But I know they're doing major stuff by where you are - eliminating an entire section and the like.
But I can't imagine they're NOT going for a higher capacity. They can probably sell the tickets - they'd be fools go to in the other direction and decrease capacity.

Looks like it - I heard that rumor earlier here. I think the Bruins will enter where they normally do, and the opposing team will enter through 4. I remember one time a long time ago (I think it was the day they showed off the medals from Tuukka, Loui, and Patrice from Sochi), I think I saw the Caps playing two touch near the "draft picks" bar in a cordoned off area, near Legends. The visiting locker room must be close, and there's also an entrance onto the ice near there.

I wonder if that means that visitors won't be able to leave to "go to the room" during the action, but we will? I've always thought that was a jerky arena design - the Habs make it worse, forcing the coaches to walk across the ice to get to the locker room during intermission, IIRC. Hope we're not following suit in that regard.
Thank you for that info.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
What are your guys opinions on ticket prices for game 5 if they happen to come back up 3 /1. I noticed yesterday the prices were very low at game time . I saw some lower bowls 140 to 150 plus fee.

If you look at this Saturday now on stub hub they are super high . However when I looked at game 2 a few days ahead they were fairly high .

The fact it is a Saturday game I am sure raises the prices. Would an elimination game be more money compared to a 2 /2 say .

Thanks for any info . I am considering driving in for the game . I am about eight hours and change away. In general I like to plan ahead but obviously that isn't practical the way these tickets go down lol .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
What are your guys opinions on ticket prices for game 5 if they happen to come back up 3 /1. I noticed yesterday the prices were very low at game time . I saw some lower bowls 140 to 150 plus fee.

If you look at this Saturday now on stub hub they are super high . However when I looked at game 2 a few days ahead they were fairly high .

The fact it is a Saturday game I am sure raises the prices. Would an elimination game be more money compared to a 2 /2 say .

Thanks for any info . I am considering driving in for the game . I am about eight hours and change away. In general I like to plan ahead but obviously that isn't practical the way these tickets go down lol .

Yeah, that's the problem with coming in from a distance - although I've usually found the get-in (upper bowl, row 14-5) to hit bottom by about 24 hours before game time. The last 24 hours, there's usually not a huge dip until you're literally at game time, which is risky if it's an 8 hour drive.

If we're 3-1, I would imagine prices would be higher, because of handshake potential and being "in the room" when we make the SCF. If we're 2-2, you might see a little less interest, but it would be the last game that's not insanely priced - Game 7 and I imagine the entire SCF would be nuts, if played. But either way, I think it'll be lower than it is now - I saw $266 on Ace including fees for a balcony, and that's nuts.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Yeah, that's the problem with coming in from a distance - although I've usually found the get-in (upper bowl, row 14-5) to hit bottom by about 24 hours before game time. The last 24 hours, there's usually not a huge dip until you're literally at game time, which is risky if it's an 8 hour drive.

If we're 3-1, I would imagine prices would be higher, because of handshake potential and being "in the room" when we make the SCF. If we're 2-2, you might see a little less interest, but it would be the last game that's not insanely priced - Game 7 and I imagine the entire SCF would be nuts, if played. But either way, I think it'll be lower than it is now - I saw $266 on Ace including fees for a balcony, and that's nuts.

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions. I will see how the games go and keep an eye on the prices .

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

There were plenty of deals to be had for game 2. Sunday afternoon 3pm game and there were lots of tickets for well under season ticket holder face at game time. Even an hour an a half before you can see there was stuff well below face. I'm guessing game 5 will be more of the same. Soft opponent = Eastern Conference Finals tickets cheaper than 1st round tickets this year.

I am kind of surprised they have game 5 slated for exactly the same start time at the Sox/Astros game- 7:15. I know an ECF game will out draw the sox for viewers. But the Astros are a good team and they will definitely lose some viewers to the Sox.

Attachments

• ECF-game2-BP.png
    ECF-game2-BP.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ECF-game2.png
    ECF-game2.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 17
  • ECF-game2-3pm.png
    ECF-game2-3pm.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 16

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
There were plenty of deals to be had for game 2. Sunday afternoon 3pm game and there were lots of tickets for well under season ticket holder face at game time. Even an hour an a half before you can see there was stuff well below face. I'm guessing game 5 will be more of the same. Soft opponent = Eastern Conference Finals tickets cheaper than 1st round tickets this year.

I am kind of surprised they have game 5 slated for exactly the same start time at the Sox/Astros game- 7:15. I know an ECF game will out draw the sox for viewers. But the Astros are a good team and they will definitely lose some viewers to the Sox.

Tks for the info . I am surprised how high tics are now but to be honest they were fairly high for the first two days ahead of it .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
SCF final tickets starting at $625 before fees, ouch!

One thing to know: STHs who have used pay-as-we-go, and who haven't manually paid for their next ticket(s), haven't had access to post any tickets since Game 2, since no specific home game has been clinched. I think StubHub will let you "promise" tickets that you'll upload later, but TicketMaster obviously won't.

After tomorrow's game, the Bruins will hit STHs with a charge, and unlock the next ticket(s). Once those tickets unlock, supply is likely to increase, and price may decrease. And if it's a win, the STH tickets may start flooding in for the first two games - although folks probably won't want to buy them until dates are announced.

Reactions: sooshii

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
So I know dates haven't been announced, but any best guesses as to when Game 5 would be in Boston? I need to get on the hotel, tickets train here.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So I know dates haven't been announced, but any best guesses as to when Game 5 would be in Boston? I need to get on the hotel, tickets train here.

They've done the same schedule for the SCF for the last 2-3 years in terms of days of the week and starting on Memorial Day. If they followed that, the home games would be 5/27 (Memorial Day - Mon), 5/29 (Wed), 6/6 (Thu), and 6/12 (Wed), with one day off between games 1-2 and games 3-4, and two days off elsewhere. But I'd hold off on booking anything, unless you're coming for a 2 week stretch, or you're able to extend hotel stays and exchange train tickets.

It's started a bit later in the past (2014 and 2015 in early June), so it's tough to tell exactly when it starts. But the opposite could happen this year, with an earlier start - both Conference Finals could end as soon as May 19. Fenway (who's got some inside info) has said that NBC, no matter what, won't let them start the SCF earlier than May 23 because of sweeps.

Unfortunately, it's really way too early to predict. I think the schedule I gave is probably the latest the games would be played, assuming both series go to 7...the Conference Finals end on 5/23, and a 4 day break seems reasonable. They had 5 days off last year.

I'm sure they'll announce it officially right after the last Conference Finals game.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
They've done the same schedule for the SCF for the last 2-3 years in terms of days of the week and starting on Memorial Day. If they followed that, the home games would be 5/27 (Memorial Day - Mon), 5/29 (Wed), 6/6 (Thu), and 6/12 (Wed), with one day off between games 1-2 and games 3-4, and two days off elsewhere. But I'd hold off on booking anything, unless you're coming for a 2 week stretch, or you're able to extend hotel stays and exchange train tickets.

It's started a bit later in the past (2014 and 2015 in early June), so it's tough to tell exactly when it starts. But the opposite could happen this year, with an earlier start - both Conference Finals could end as soon as May 19. Fenway (who's got some inside info) has said that NBC, no matter what, won't let them start the SCF earlier than May 23 because of sweeps.

Unfortunately, it's really way too early to predict. I think the schedule I gave is probably the latest the games would be played, assuming both series go to 7...the Conference Finals end on 5/23, and a 4 day break seems reasonable. They had 5 days off last year.

I'm sure they'll announce it officially right after the last Conference Finals game.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Also, for anyone in advance if they have tickets to game 5 of the Finals and they want to sell/can't make it, keep me in mind because I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do. Driving from the Maritimes without buying tickets first for my daughter is risky in that it could be sold out but I also don't want to pay $1200 for tickets in advance. Tough spot. Who knew that making a promise to my 5 year old game 1 vs the Leafs that I'd take her to Boston if they made the finals would come true! I'm obviously pumped for the team and the city, depressed for my bank account!

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Thought about buying a Game 7 ticket...woof. $1000+ with fees. Never mind. I'll hold off and see what the secondary market does.

I recall in 2011/2013 when Game 6 was a possible clincher it was around $750...

Punk

Oct 3, 2005
SK
Looking for tickets for game 1 and 2. Coming in from Saskatchewan. Also any tips on cheap hotel in a good location would be great.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Thought about buying a Game 7 ticket...woof. $1000+ with fees. Never mind. I'll hold off and see what the secondary market does.

I recall in 2011/2013 when Game 6 was a possible clincher it was around $750...
When we ended up being down 3-2 in 13, the secondary market dropped like a rock. I got into that game for 350ish a ticket

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
WTB 1 ticket to any of 1, 2, 5 or 7. Single, so if someone also in that boat wants to go that'd be cool. Would drive from NY and airbnb.

EDIT: POssibly 2 tickets when the dates are decided, but definitely at least 1.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
LOL. There's a better chance of Marchand and Pasta spending this entire summer in Church after winning the Cup, than there is of someone here selling SCF tix for face value on this site. Good luck with that, guys.

:)

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad