OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
When I promised my 5 year old daughter I'd take her to Boston if they made it to the cup, even though I wanted them to make it, seemed like a daunting task to have to go through Toronto-TB-Wash. Now they're 4 wins away playing the Whaler Canes. Flights from the Maritimes, Stanley Cup tickets, and Boston Hotels are staring me dead in the face right now! Where should I be looking? I've been scanning the site here and seems like ticketmaster charged ridiculous fees. Is it crazy to fly down from the Maritimes without tickets, hoping to grab some scalper ones?

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
When I promised my 5 year old daughter I'd take her to Boston if they made it to the cup, even though I wanted them to make it, seemed like a daunting task to have to go through Toronto-TB-Wash. Now they're 4 wins away playing the Whaler Canes. Flights from the Maritimes, Stanley Cup tickets, and Boston Hotels are staring me dead in the face right now! Where should I be looking? I've been scanning the site here and seems like ticketmaster charged ridiculous fees. Is it crazy to fly down from the Maritimes without tickets, hoping to grab some scalper ones?

For tickets I now use TickPick. Basically a better version of stubhub, seatgeek, etc. but no buyer fees. They only charge the seller.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
What's up with cheap tickets for tomorrow's game? Seems to be the lowest since the 1st round. Is it because of McAvoy?

Define cheap. Least expensive seats I can find anywhere are $175 each after fees for last row balcony.

[Edit: stubhub now has a bunch at/around $150. Definitely better than what I saw yesterday. Cheapest on any site was around $220 then]

Last edited:

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
175$ is cheap considering the Bruins are wacking us for 153$ each in the upper deck of the balcony. Must be a reseller apocalypse out there. The Blue Jackets followed by Canes. Teams you can't give tickets away to see in the regular season usually.

Reactions: Lordstanley

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
175$ is cheap considering the Bruins are wacking us for 153$ each in the upper deck of the balcony. Must be a reseller apocalypse out there. The Blue Jackets followed by Canes. Teams you can't give tickets away to see in the regular season usually.

Bingo. If you drafted all the games in the Bruins schedule the last games picked would be Carolina and Columbus. No star power - not exciting, etc. No offense to Carolina and Columbus but they just arent any big names or rivalry to get the interest flowing. Most fans couldnt name three Hurricane players. The outrageous prices even the STH are paying are surely killing the ticket market. Lucky if people can get face value for their tickets.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Bingo. If you drafted all the games in the Bruins schedule the last games picked would be Carolina and Columbus. No star power - not exciting, etc. No offense to Carolina and Columbus but they just arent any big names or rivalry to get the interest flowing. Most fans couldnt name three Hurricane players. The outrageous prices even the STH are paying are surely killing the ticket market. Lucky if people can get face value for their tickets.

But its the Eastern Conference Finals? Figured that would be a huge boost?

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
It's almost becomming comical. Let's see what small market team nobody gives a damn about can win next for us to play. Thankfully the Celtics look to be going out in flames so maybe some more people will want to jump on the wagon. I've been a longtime STH and even I have very little interest in this Carolina team. Nice story yes but I see a few things hurting these first 2 games. 1-Opponent sucks. 2-Times. If they pick Sunday a lot of people just can't go due to mothers day. NHL obviously could care less but our wives do :)

Reactions: rfournier103

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The tickets are "cheap" for a number of reasons: weekday game, three days notice, non-flashy opponent, Game 1 with a Game 2 virtually guaranteed to be on the weekend, and wallet fatigue on both the part of the buyers ("I already went, I'll sit this out") and sellers ("I went to a lot of playoff games myself already, time to sell"). Plus we're near panic time - in 30 hours, those $140 tickets become worthless. Plus, BC and BU are having exams this week - don't know about other colleges. Too early for summer vacation for most in terms of folks travelling.

Basically, we got one really "good" matchup in terms of what folks would pay and fans who travel in the Leafs, followed by probably the worst two possible matchups. Tampa at least has star power and the Presidents Cup - I think they'd be more "interesting" than Columbus. And if this round were Washington or Pittsburgh, I'd imagine prices would be through the roof. Even the Isles would get more.

Ace is now down to $117, plus 15% fees (plus you get 5% in "Ace Dollars" for your next ticket if you buy any ticket from them within a year). That's definitely under face value. Tossup for what happens in Game 2 - but I bet if it's Sunday, prices will go down.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Where was all this crying during round one, when the Bs got the best possible matchup for high resale prices and had multiple weekend games at home?!?

Greedy SOBs :)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Where was all this crying during round one, when the Bs got the best possible matchup for high resale prices and had multiple weekend games at home?!?

Greedy SOBs :)

Exactly.

People didn't sell because it was a premiere matchup and still relatively affordable. Now, looking to offload expensive tickets for a less desirable opponent.

If I was smart I would have sold all my Toronto tickets at a premium and watched from home to help fund later rounds. But I'm not smart, so here we are.

Also the number of people I rarely, if ever, talk to that have reached out asking me for ticket hookups is comical.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
If your smart your probably not a STH. Most of us do it out of love of the game. Original six matchup no way diehard fans are scalping those in round 1. But 2 boring opponents in a row I think your seeing fatigue. I guarantee if it were Pitt or Caps or pretty much anyone other than Carolina or Columbus the usual suspects would crying about the prices on the secondary market pricing out the average guy. it is what it is. Carolina or not if the B's are ready to clinch game 5 those prices will skyrocket back up again.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If your smart your probably not a STH. Most of us do it out of love of the game. Original six matchup no way diehard fans are scalping those in round 1. But 2 boring opponents in a row I think your seeing fatigue. I guarantee if it were Pitt or Caps or pretty much anyone other than Carolina or Columbus the usual suspects would crying about the prices on the secondary market pricing out the average guy. it is what it is. Carolina or not if the B's are ready to clinch game 5 those prices will skyrocket back up again.

It’s absolutely fatigue. A ton of games on a short period of time has me yearning for some normalcy.

I don’t plan to sell unless there’s an unavoidable conflict because once you reach this point you’re in special territory, but I’m f***ing cooked. So is my bank account.

Reactions: Ladyfan

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
It’s absolutely fatigue. A ton of games on a short period of time has me yearning for some normalcy.

I don’t plan to sell unless there’s an unavoidable conflict because once you reach this point you’re in special territory, but I’m ****ing cooked. So is my bank account.

Same I don't want to but no way I would even try to go on Mothers day. After 2 long rounds the wife deserves a day. I've already heard from people who in round 1 were begging for a seat that they are out this round. Fatigue is real and that being said low prices open up seats for die hard fans who don't get "fatigued" by an ECF game. Here is hoping for a Sharks win and Sat night game 2!

Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Do you folks think tickets will drop further tomorrow on Ace? Trying to determine whether I should buy now or gamble.

They will most likely drop as people start to panic about not getting rid of them

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Do you folks think tickets will drop further tomorrow on Ace? Trying to determine whether I should buy now or gamble.

The "get in" price probably won't drop a ton - on Ace, I don't think there's usually a "fire sale" that comes 2 hours before the game, because they have a store literally across the street from the Garden. And even if it did, we're talking $4-5 per ticket maximum decrease...as opposed to a huge bump in the get-in price that could happen if people start buying tickets. And, again, I only speak of the get-in tickets, which are usually 14th row on the end. If you're looking for Loge...I guess the price movement would be similar, but you never know.

They apparently just announced that Game 2 is Mother's Day afternoon. That may make Game 1 go up if people were hoping to go to a Game 2 on Saturday but are now forced to go to Game 1 instead, but who knows.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
They apparently just announced that Game 2 is Mother's Day afternoon. That may make Game 1 go up if people were hoping to go to a Game 2 on Saturday but are now forced to go to Game 1 instead, but who knows.
Yeah, wasn't thrilled to hear they decided to have the game on Sunday instead of Saturday...

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Longtime season ticket holder (15+ years) and I am paying $264 per ticket for Loge and the Bruins send out a blast selling tickets for game tonight with $200 loge seats. Thanks Bruins. Talk about a team out of touch with it STH and fanbase.

Reactions: dtam83

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Longtime season ticket holder (15+ years) and I am paying $264 per ticket for Loge and the Bruins send out a blast selling tickets for game tonight with $200 loge seats. Thanks Bruins. Talk about a team out of touch with it STH and fanbase.

Was that an email that you received?

Ticketmaster is showing end Loge seats in 4-9 for $249 before fees. After fees I assume it will be more than STH $264 price but still it is not a good look.

Last edited:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Was that an email that you received?

Ticketmaster is showing end Loge seats in 4-9 for $249 before fees. After fees I assume it will be more than STH $264 price but still it is not a good look.

Use code ECFGAME1 and Loge are $200 and balcony $150 it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad