OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Hi there.

I am interested in buying 8 tickets (seats side by side) to any Thursday or weekend game. Game has to be after November 4th, however. This will be my gift to the groomsmen in my wedding. Budget is $100 per ticket.

Any good leads out there?

That's going to be hard.

I would call the ticket office. 8 tickets together is going to be hard. Especially if they are having a hard time with sales, they might be able to help you out. Also consider doing 4 and 4 piggyback.

Otherwise, occasionally there are decent size blocks of tix on stubhub but I can't recall seeing 8+ before. If you end up going the secondary market route, you'll have better luck on a Thursday I think, Saturdays sell well even if the team isn't doing great.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
There's actually a few sets of 8+ under $100 for the Thurs Nov 10 game vs Columbus on stubhub. They are all balcony if it matters to you. Cheapest and lowest row are $58/ticket currently. Balcony 321 Row 7 (there are actually 13 all together in the same row).

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
There's actually a few sets of 8+ under $100 for the Thurs Nov 10 game vs Columbus on stubhub. They are all balcony if it matters to you. Cheapest and lowest row are $58/ticket currently. Balcony 321 Row 7 (there are actually 13 all together in the same row).

Thanks - YES - I checked out Stubhub - but most sales are for E-tickets. I really need hard tickets so I can present them as a gift.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Looking for tickets to any Rangers-Bruins games this season--please PM me if you have any available.

Thanks in advance!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks - YES - I checked out Stubhub - but most sales are for E-tickets. I really need hard tickets so I can present them as a gift.

If you want nice cardboard Bruins tickets for your exact game, then direct from the Bruins would probably be the way to go...but it might be expensive, and much tougher to get 8 together. You might call the Bruins ticket office and check ask for their group rates, but groups are generally 10 people and up, according to the site. Eight in a row is a really tough number to find, and with the Bruins (supposedly) cracking down on out-of-state ticket brokers, I think anyone who has 8 tickets in a row under the same name would be under scrutiny as a reseller.

If you want something hard and tangible as a "placeholder", but you'd be willing to hand out PDFs later, you could go on eBay and look up Bruins ticket stubs. I see a full season book of 44 ticket stubs for $20, but you might do better - that's just a quick search. You can hand one out to each of your groomsmen - warning them, of course, that that's NOT the ticket to the game. The tickets that Seidenbergy found are delivered in late September, which is plenty of time to get your tickets to the groomsmen. If they're tech-savvy and long distance, you can email it...if they're close by, you can print them out for them.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Because the ticketmaster "public sale" prices aren't true "face value". They are 2-3 times what season ticket holders pay for the same seats, so season ticket holders can sell for a lot less on stubhub and still make a profit.

Oh wow okay then.

I'll check it out at some point once I know how many tickets I'll need.

emh181

Sep 16, 2013
Hello,

I have 2-4 tickets for sale located in Section 324 - Row 8 to the following Bruins games for face value of $53 per ticket. All of the seats are side by side and are on the aisle.

10/25 Minnesota
11/7 Buffalo
11/10 Columbus
11/22 St. Louis
12/1 Carolina
12/5 Florida
12/8 Colorado
12/15 Anaheim
12/20 NY Islanders
2/28 Phoenix
3/21 Ottawa

Please let me know if you have any questions by PM.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I have the following regular season games available for a 4 pack of seats in loge 7 row 24 seats 1-4. Nice aisle seats directly behind the net the B's shoot twice.

My season ticket holder face value is $109/per ticket. I am selling these games for $105/per ticket.

I also have the pre-season games available for well below face value, as marked.

Preseason
MON, SEP 26, 2016 BLUE JACKETS 7:00 $45/each
WED, SEP 28, 2016 RED WINGS 7:00 $50/each
SAT, OCT 8, 2016 FLYERS 5:00 $70/each

TUE OCT 25, 2016 WILD 7:00 $105/each
MON NOV 7, 2016 SABRES 7:00 $105/each
THU NOV 10, 2016 BLUE JACKETS 7:00 $105/each
TUE NOV 22, 2016 BLUES 7:00 $105/each
THU DEC 1, 2016 HURRICANES 7:00 $105/each
MON DEC 5, 2016 PANTHERS 7:00 $105/each
THU DEC 8, 2016 AVALANCHE 7:00 $105/each
THU DEC 15, 2016 DUCKS 7:00 $105/each
THU JAN 5, 2017 OILERS 7:00 $105/each
TUE FEB 28, 2017 COYOTES 7:00 $105/each

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
Remember a few years back when the Bruins offered a free Bruins jersey with a STH patch on it? I've been neglecting doing this but I want to get it lettered up but want the STH patch removed. Has anyone had it removed and if so, how'd you go about doing it? If so, was it easy? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Remember a few years back when the Bruins offered a free Bruins jersey with a STH patch on it? I've been neglecting doing this but I want to get it lettered up but want the STH patch removed. Has anyone had it removed and if so, how'd you go about doing it? If so, was it easy? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Just curious - is the patch on the left where the C/A would normally go? If so, that's really, really stupid of them. You could easily put the patch on the other side, which gives space on the left them an upsell opportunity later on.

For those that don't know, you can get a nameplate, number, and C/A patch right at the Garden. I can't speak for the first two, but I bought a Bergeron jersey from Fanatics (aka shop.NHL.com), and it came A-less. (FYI, for all temas, the only letters Fanatics puts on are Cs - no alternate captains get an A by default.) It cost $10 for them to heat-apply an "A" at the Garden, which seems reasonable to me. I highly recommend skipping the giant Pro Shop on the second floor and going right to the loge behind section 20.

I've seen the STH patches at the Garden, and it wouldn't annoy me if they were on the correct (ie right) side, but I'm not a jersey geek. I'm sure there are some DIY solutions available on YouTube, but buyer beware. You could ask the people at the Garden Pro Shop if they have any recommendations. I imagine it would be the same process as removing an "A" or a "C" - and that's got to be a common thing to do. (In fact, I may be doing that to by Bergeron jersey in a few years.)

Failing all that, you could just make it into a Rinaldo jersey - no way that's ever going to need a "C" or an "A" (unless the "A" stands for something besides "alternate"....)

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
Just curious - is the patch on the left where the C/A would normally go? If so, that's really, really stupid of them. You could easily put the patch on the other side, which gives space on the left them an upsell opportunity later on.

For those that don't know, you can get a nameplate, number, and C/A patch right at the Garden. I can't speak for the first two, but I bought a Bergeron jersey from Fanatics (aka shop.NHL.com), and it came A-less. (FYI, for all temas, the only letters Fanatics puts on are Cs - no alternate captains get an A by default.) It cost $10 for them to heat-apply an "A" at the Garden, which seems reasonable to me. I highly recommend skipping the giant Pro Shop on the second floor and going right to the loge behind section 20.

I've seen the STH patches at the Garden, and it wouldn't annoy me if they were on the correct (ie right) side, but I'm not a jersey geek. I'm sure there are some DIY solutions available on YouTube, but buyer beware. You could ask the people at the Garden Pro Shop if they have any recommendations. I imagine it would be the same process as removing an "A" or a "C" - and that's got to be a common thing to do. (In fact, I may be doing that to by Bergeron jersey in a few years.)

Failing all that, you could just make it into a Rinaldo jersey - no way that's ever going to need a "C" or an "A" (unless the "A" stands for something besides "alternate"....)

It's on the other side from where the C/A would be. I'm gonna get the 90th anniversary patch to stick over where the STH patch was if I get it off..I have a 2011 Final on Marchand and the Boston Marathon patch on my Seidenberg.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Updated List of 2016-17 Games

Thought I'd post an updated list of games & prices:

Section - 314
Row - 9 (on the 315 side)
Face Value - $75

Here's what's available:

Preseason
Monday, September 26 @ 7:00pm – Columbus Blue Jackets - $20/ticket
Wednesday, September 28 @ 7:00pm – Detroit Red Wings - $30/ticket

Regular Season
Tuesday, October 25 @ 7:00pm – Minnesota Wild - $70/ticket
Monday, November 7 @ 7:00pm – Buffalo Sabres - $75/ticket
Thursday, November 10 @ 7:00pm – Columbus Blue Jackets - $65/ticket
Tuesday, November 22 @ 7:00pm – St Louis Blues - $70/ticket
Thursday, December 1 @ 7:00pm – Carolina Hurricanes - $65/ticket
Monday, December 5 @ 7:00pm – Florida Panthers - $65/ticket
Thursday, December 8 @ 7:00pm – Colorado Avalanche - $60/ticket
Thursday, December 15 @ 7:00pm – Anaheim Ducks - $70/ticket
Tuesday, February 28 @ 7:00pm – Arizona Coyotes - $60/ticket
Wednesday, March 8 @ 8:00pm – Detroit Red Wings - $75/ticket
Tuesday, March 21 @ 7:00pm – Ottawa Senators - $65/ticket
Thursday, March 23 @ 7:00pm – Tampa Bay Lightning - $70/ticket
Tuesday, March 28 @ 7:00pm – Nashville Predators - $65/ticket
Thursday, March 30 @ 7:00pm – Dallas Stars - $65/ticket
Tuesday, April 4 @ 7:00pm – Tampa Bay Lightning - $70/ticket
Thursday, April 6 @ 7:00pm – Ottawa Senators - $65/ticket

Last edited:

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
No PDFs

I've said it before and I've confirmed it again. The Bruins WILL NOT HAVE PDFs this season. Your choices are:

Mobile Only or Mobile + Hard Tickets

Don't go screaming at your ticket rep, it's not their fault. They're not the one who make these decisions. If you want to give feedback make sure it is constructive. Take me for example, my brother doesn't have a smart phone so I can't transfer mobile tickets to him. If I want him to have some games I'm going to need to mail him hard tickets. I've given the Bruins this example as a reason why the no PDFs make it harder on the good season ticket holders.

Yes people have listed Electronic tickets on StubHub so I don't know what they're going to do for sales they already made. My guess is they will have to eat the cost of mailing hard tickets to the buyers.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've said it before and I've confirmed it again. The Bruins WILL NOT HAVE PDFs this season. Your choices are:

Don't go screaming at your ticket rep, it's not their fault. They're not the one who make these decisions. If you want to give feedback make sure it is constructive. Take me for example, my brother doesn't have a smart phone so I can't transfer mobile tickets to him. If I want him to have some games I'm going to need to mail him hard tickets. I've given the Bruins this example as a reason why the no PDFs make it harder on the good season ticket holders.

Yes people have listed Electronic tickets on StubHub so I don't know what they're going to do for sales they already made. My guess is they will have to eat the cost of mailing hard tickets to the buyers.

You keep saying this, and folks have been saying their reps are telling them otherwise.

Where are you getting your info?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

I had a Stubhub sale for a preseason game listed as PDF tickets. A few weeks ago I called Stubhub to tell them that their is uncertainty about the Bruins providing PDF tickets this season and asked them how they will handle all of the electronic ticket sales that have already taken place if PDFs can't be provided to the buyer.

The Stubhub CSR said that he would make a note on my sale and suggested that if I were to make any other listings then I should do it as UPS until it is known if there will be PDF tickets.

Meanwhile I just checked my Stubhub account and the sale that was listed with PDF tickets Stubhub has changed it to UPS tickets.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My ticket rep is being coy and changing the story on PDF's

We must have the same ticket rep. I asked mine a few weeks ago and he did not give me a straight answer.

Not sure if this is going to be good or bad for Stubhub sales. With PDF tickets buyers can wait it out and buy tickets at the lowest price possible within an hour of game time and still get their tickets. Now buyers will have to buy sooner without the benefit of being able to wait for sellers to start dropping prices.

It will be a pain to have to make multiple trips to UPS to mail tickets.

Last edited:

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
We must have the same ticket rep. I asked mine a few weeks ago and he did not give me a straight answer.

Not sure if this is going to be good or bad for Stubhub sales. With PDF tickets buyers can wait it out and buy tickets at the lowest price possible within an hour of game time and still get their tickets. Now buyers will have to buy sooner without the benefit of being able to wait for sellers to start dropping prices.

It will be a pain to have to make multiple trips to UPS to mail tickets.

Just called StubHub asking how they were facilitating electronic sales without PDF tickets. Here's a summary of the conversation (editorial liberties have been taken):

Me "The Bruins aren't going to have PDF tickets, but you have electronic as an option. How will you facilitiate that?"

Them "They're not going to have PDF tickets? Oh crap!"

The B's/TicketMaster are trying to push STHs to use TicketExchange. That's the bottom line.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Just called StubHub asking how they were facilitating electronic sales without PDF tickets. Here's a summary of the conversation (editorial liberties have been taken):

Me "The Bruins aren't going to have PDF tickets, but you have electronic as an option. How will you facilitiate that?"

Them "They're not going to have PDF tickets? Oh crap!"

The B's/TicketMaster are trying to push STHs to use TicketExchange. That's the bottom line.

I already have a preseason game sold and Stubhub changed it from PDF to UPS. They did this on their own without a request or notifying me and I don't know what made them do this. I did call them a few weeks ago but other than that there has been no other communication with them prior to me noticing that they changed the type of tickets on the sale.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
As far as I can tell, every Bruins ticket currently available for sale on Ace Ticket's website says "email delivery". I can understand stubhub not being able to keep up with every team and every venue's policies, but the B's are probably 2nd in line for Ace in terms of revenue generation. Shouldn't they know what's going on?

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
As far as I can tell, every Bruins ticket currently available for sale on Ace Ticket's website says "email delivery". I can understand stubhub not being able to keep up with every team and every venue's policies, but the B's are probably 2nd in line for Ace in terms of revenue generation. Shouldn't they know what's going on?

Attached is the snail mail invoice the B's sent me at the beginning of March. If you look under "step #2" it gives two clear options. The first option is paying $20 to manage all regular season and playoff tickets through account manager. It goes on to say that no tickets will be printed and mailed to you.

The second option is to use account manager for "mobile" ticketing for both the regular season and playoffs. And it goes on to say you will not have ANY type of paper ticket access. This option waves the $20 processing fee.

As someone who received the "reseller" increase on their season tickets this year, I can tell you that these options were different from someone who did not receive the increase. As far as I know the two options for season ticket holders who did not receive the increase were either mobile ticketing or have hard tickets mailed for $20. I don't know if you have the hard tickets mailed if you wouldn't have access to Pdf tickets, as many here have stated. However, if I were to have chosen to have used account manager for my tickets for $20, and didn't choose to do mobile tickets, how else would I get access to my tickets other than via printing out pdf's?

I ended up dropping some of the seats on my account. I had some issues with my rep that were already discussed here at depth. To make a long story short, I ended up talking to a couple different fan relations managers and renewed many of my seats 2 or 3 days after the deadline. During those conversations I made sure that I was only renewing the tickets I wanted if they gave me access to the hard commemorative tickets that were not an option through my renewal invoice. He agreed and said it would't be a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad