OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
RULES:

Here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

Buy and Sell Tickets at your own risk. HFBoards is not responsible for bad deals.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1965413

Seat finder :

http://bruins.io-media.com/web/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruins781

Jul 31, 2012
Interested in a season tix share?

Is anybody out there interested in taking a 1/4 or 1/2 share of my season tix for next year? I have a pair of great aisle seats in section 15, with a row number in the low teens.

Would sell you 10 or 20 games at my face value ($109/seat), and you can have one of the preseason games for free. We'd do some kind of a draft to determine who gets which games, but we can work out those details.

Essentially, it's like buying one of the 11 game plans, except you get an actual discount vs. box office prices, you don't have to pay for the preseason game they include, and you can pick 10 games that will all work for you.

Message me through the boards if interested.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Buyer Beware:

Mass. men accused of trying to sell fake Stanley Cup tickets

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police have jailed two Massachusetts men on forgery and related charges for allegedly printing up bogus Stanley Cup finals playoff tickets.

Police say 46-year-old John Green, of Quincy, and 45-year-old Ronald Seeley, of Wareham, were spotted outside Consol Energy Center where the Pittsburgh Penguins were hosting the San Jose Sharks in the second game of the best-of-seven series on Wednesday.

One witness told police the men offered to sell him six tickets for $200 each. Police say that was a dead giveaway because the face value of the tickets is at least $235 each.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...cup-tickets/pEZ5jBeQsneYZwfaTXTIAI/story.html

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Buyer Beware:

Mass. men accused of trying to sell fake Stanley Cup tickets

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police have jailed two Massachusetts men on forgery and related charges for allegedly printing up bogus Stanley Cup finals playoff tickets.

Police say 46-year-old John Green, of Quincy, and 45-year-old Ronald Seeley, of Wareham, were spotted outside Consol Energy Center where the Pittsburgh Penguins were hosting the San Jose Sharks in the second game of the best-of-seven series on Wednesday.

One witness told police the men offered to sell him six tickets for $200 each. Police say that was a dead giveaway because the face value of the tickets is at least $235 each.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...cup-tickets/pEZ5jBeQsneYZwfaTXTIAI/story.html

Scum bags.

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
Got an email from my rep about ATT SportsDeck tickets up for grabs. Anybody here have experience there? Is it worth the premium?

Thanks!

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Got an email from my rep about ATT SportsDeck tickets up for grabs. Anybody here have experience there? Is it worth the premium?

Thanks!

Seats aren't bad if you are willing to pay the premium. Standing room seems like a good value since the food is included but you generally have a very difficult time seeing the action when the play is on your side of the ice. You can't see over the people sitting in the seats well.

Unless we get off to a very hot start, you will see sportsdeck tickets of both types (seats and sro) below cost on the secondary market for the majority of games.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Seats aren't bad if you are willing to pay the premium. Standing room seems like a good value since the food is included but you generally have a very difficult time seeing the action when the play is on your side of the ice. You can't see over the people sitting in the seats well.

Unless we get off to a very hot start, you will see sportsdeck tickets of both types (seats and sro) below cost on the secondary market for the majority of games.

Seconded. I got SRO tix about 2-3 years ago (vs MIN on St. Paddy's day), and, as a sub-Krug-sized person, I was a bit underwhelmed. Literally the only bad view I've ever had in the Garden, and I've been 14th row balcony on the end and thought those seats were just dandy. I'm willing to put 50% blame on my height, and 50% on the SRO being not exactly the best "seats" (or lack thereof) in the house.

That said, the free food is pretty damn good. I'd describe it as high-end appetizers and cookies/deserts that can be cobbled together into a dinner. Chicken satay (skewers w/ peanut sauce) was there the day I went - and soft drinks are free. I also snagged tickets to an actual seat for a Celtics game, and it was quesadilla night. Thumbs up. If you don't like the offering, the large food courtish area is right behind you. I was in the back row, and the seats were high barstool-style seats IIRC.

I also agree with Looch's cost analysis. I'd definitely recommend kicking the tires on these seats to see if they're "right for you". From what I gather, it's $145 per ticket for SRO, and $278 per ticket for an actual seat. I'm pretty sure for $200 you can get an October non-Chicago non-Cali Western Conference game seat that's in the Club section...which doesn't have the free appetizers and drinks, but you can buy a refillable cup in the food court area. And those club seats are DAMN nice...and the view is way better.

Their 10-game plans won't include many weekend/holiday games, since that package is sold out, and there will probably only be about 2 weekend games in the non-weekend non-business packages. If they follow the pattern of the 10/11 Game Plans, the family/weekend/holiday package is by FAR the most valuable in terms of comparing what it would cost you to buy the same 10 tickets on the secondary market.

Also, buyer beware: the lowest prices come with a 3-year commitment, and they could go UP if they change the price for the 2017-8 season. You might want to think about where the team is going to be in 3 years.

FYI, I think they may be revamping parts of floors 5/6 in the next set of renovations. And IIRC, one of the Jacobs mentioned that the Jumbotron (oh, sorry, HDX) is due for an upgrade. I'd love a board that had the numbers of the 10 skaters on ice...and maybe stick up G-A-P and TOI, too. I think I saw that on the MSG scoreboard, but I'm not sure.

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
Seconded. I got SRO tix about 2-3 years ago (vs MIN on St. Paddy's day), and, as a sub-Krug-sized person, I was a bit underwhelmed. Literally the only bad view I've ever had in the Garden, and I've been 14th row balcony on the end and thought those seats were just dandy. I'm willing to put 50% blame on my height, and 50% on the SRO being not exactly the best "seats" (or lack thereof) in the house.

That said, the free food is pretty damn good. I'd describe it as high-end appetizers and cookies/deserts that can be cobbled together into a dinner. Chicken satay (skewers w/ peanut sauce) was there the day I went - and soft drinks are free. I also snagged tickets to an actual seat for a Celtics game, and it was quesadilla night. Thumbs up. If you don't like the offering, the large food courtish area is right behind you. I was in the back row, and the seats were high barstool-style seats IIRC.

I also agree with Looch's cost analysis. I'd definitely recommend kicking the tires on these seats to see if they're "right for you". From what I gather, it's $145 per ticket for SRO, and $278 per ticket for an actual seat. I'm pretty sure for $200 you can get an October non-Chicago non-Cali Western Conference game seat that's in the Club section...which doesn't have the free appetizers and drinks, but you can buy a refillable cup in the food court area. And those club seats are DAMN nice...and the view is way better.

Their 10-game plans won't include many weekend/holiday games, since that package is sold out, and there will probably only be about 2 weekend games in the non-weekend non-business packages. If they follow the pattern of the 10/11 Game Plans, the family/weekend/holiday package is by FAR the most valuable in terms of comparing what it would cost you to buy the same 10 tickets on the secondary market.

Also, buyer beware: the lowest prices come with a 3-year commitment, and they could go UP if they change the price for the 2017-8 season. You might want to think about where the team is going to be in 3 years.

FYI, I think they may be revamping parts of floors 5/6 in the next set of renovations. And IIRC, one of the Jacobs mentioned that the Jumbotron (oh, sorry, HDX) is due for an upgrade. I'd love a board that had the numbers of the 10 skaters on ice...and maybe stick up G-A-P and TOI, too. I think I saw that on the MSG scoreboard, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am going to kick the tires on SRO since it's pretty cheap, and its only a $100 premium to do a single year over the 3-year commitment. I see there's a decent amount of seating at/around the bar, I assume you need to get there real early if you want one?

I work downtown in the city so the variety plan should be fine, heading to game to hang out with co-workers and my friends that work in city should be a good time with the free food. I'll just make them pay the bar tab ;-) If I really like it I'll renew for 3 years next season, otherwise I'll just go back to the normal 10/11-game plans.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks for the feedback guys! I am going to kick the tires on SRO since it's pretty cheap, and its only a $100 premium to do a single year over the 3-year commitment. I see there's a decent amount of seating at/around the bar, I assume you need to get there real early if you want one?

I work downtown in the city so the variety plan should be fine, heading to game to hang out with co-workers and my friends that work in city should be a good time with the free food. I'll just make them pay the bar tab ;-) If I really like it I'll renew for 3 years next season, otherwise I'll just go back to the normal 10/11-game plans.

IIRC, there's maybe 16 or so seats at bar, and it's pushed far back enough that you've got virtually no view of the ice. Click here and go to "View 2":

http://bruins.io-media.com/web/index.html#appid/2

That's the "view" if you sit at the bar - so you'll be looking at the TV a lot. The seats you see in View 1 are all reserved, I think....even the folding chairs. I could be wrong, tho'.

There might be some seats on the other side of the bar that face inside (ie towards the bar), and you MIGHT see a little something from there. But if you want to see the actual game, I'm pretty sure you'll be standing further down.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Just curious, anyone on the waiting list not get a call for tickets this year?

*slowly raises hand*

March 2014, IIRC - hunting for balcony. Never been called for anything STH-esque. I've seen some deep cuts into 2013 on this board, I think, back from when they were talking bout renewals in March. Could be wrong.

Just curious, did they do anything special for early renewal this year? I recall a couple of years ago they were giving away blank jerseys, and I googled "early renewal Bruins" a few days ago and found that pre-2011 (I think), they were giving away signed hockey sticks.

Don't seem to recall any generosity this year. *shrug* Makes ya wonder...

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
*slowly raises hand*

March 2014, IIRC - hunting for balcony. Never been called for anything STH-esque. I've seen some deep cuts into 2013 on this board, I think, back from when they were talking bout renewals in March. Could be wrong.

Just curious, did they do anything special for early renewal this year? I recall a couple of years ago they were giving away blank jerseys, and I googled "early renewal Bruins" a few days ago and found that pre-2011 (I think), they were giving away signed hockey sticks.

Don't seem to recall any generosity this year. *shrug* Makes ya wonder...

Nothing. I think they knew nothing was going to motivate most, so they stopped trying.

Next year you'll likely not just be able to pick seats from any section you want, you'll be able to pick the exact row you want and tell them how many you want.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nothing. I think they knew nothing was going to motivate most, so they stopped trying.

Next year you'll likely not just be able to pick seats from any section you want, you'll be able to pick the exact row you want and tell them how many you want.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe not that good for choices . ;)

I got mine when there were not many STH. It is a good time to get "in".

I have had my seats for about 15 years and have never had a problem selling any game I didn't go to.

I know it is better for the B's and Garden when there is a wait list for ST but it was kind of fun years ago when the diehards were all there and on some nights many would wander down from the balcony when there were empty seats.

I miss some of the fans who have been priced out.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

Next year you'll likely not just be able to pick seats from any section you want, you'll be able to pick the exact row you want and tell them how many you want.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe not that good for choices . ;)

I got mine when there were not many STH. It is a good time to get "in".

I have had my seats for about 15 years and have never had a problem selling any game I didn't go to.

I know it is better for the B's and Garden when there is a wait list for ST but it was kind of fun years ago when the diehards were all there and on some nights many would wander down from the balcony when there were empty seats.

I miss some of the fans who have been priced out.

Agreed. It's very short sighted on the team's part. They will regret it.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

Next year you'll likely not just be able to pick seats from any section you want, you'll be able to pick the exact row you want and tell them how many you want.

It was hard to judge how many jumped ship this year due to the fact they offered a lot more seats as well... I'd imagine the pool will shrink again next year but the fact they have a waiting list still will hurt the chances of having the ability to pick whatever row you want.

They sucked last year and I still managed to make money selling games I didn't want to go. Secondary prices still have a ways to go before I jump ship.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It was hard to judge how many jumped ship this year due to the fact they offered a lot more seats as well... I'd imagine the pool will shrink again next year but the fact they have a waiting list still will hurt the chances of having the ability to pick whatever row you want.

They sucked last year and I still managed to make money selling games I didn't want to go. Secondary prices still have a ways to go before I jump ship.

A good amount of the turnover was out of state brokers having their tickets revoked (or priced extra high so they'd be foolish to renew if they wanted to sell for profit and well profit.)

You're still never going to find the best cheap seats no matter how many drop (shoot 2x end in one of the first 5-6 rows) someone I know who got season tickets in 2014 was only one row higher in the same exact section thier first season b/c of select a seat as I was when I signed up during the 07/08 campaign. Even way back then the best I could get in the cheaper seats when I signed up was 312 row 8 and 6 years...a cup...and a 20 year waiting list later.... I know someone in 2014 who had 312 row 9 their first year.

Its a good time to get aboard because if you get offered tickets and pass and the team gets good don't be shocked if the only seats you are offered are extremely expensive and close to the glass and obstructed. The couple people I know who got off the list during the peak of our run were only offered seats like Loge 14 row 3 so you better like being close and watching one end on the jumbotron.

If you want balcony and to go to every game for 50 bucks or so get on board asap and move into your preferential area at the next select a seat you should be able to.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If you want balcony and to go to every game for 50 bucks or so get on board asap and move into your preferential area at the next select a seat you should be able to.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not hoping for first, second, or even sixth row balcony. Certainly not on the sides, and probably not even on the corner/ends. Hell, I'll be happy if I'm not in the worst two rows of my price point.

The primo balcony seats will be taken in the Select-A-Seat by the few hearty souls who are already STHs, and are sticking with the team through thick and thin. It's a giant tube of toothpaste, and everyone gets squeezed down a row.

The reasonable thing to do would be take what you can get - tenure counts for Select-A-Seat. You're probably not going to get to row 3 in the balcony without going through a few of the lower rows first.

One other thing - there's going to be some pressure on them to sell at the start of the season. Traditionally people don't even KNOW hockey is played in October. However, the current regular season/playoff sellout streak is at 294. That's tantalizingly close to 300, where they can have a big bash, send out press releases, and pat themselves on the back. After that, they probably won't give a crap about "paid attendance" if it the team looks like it's not going to sustain a streak.

I wonder if the first six games are going to be deeply discounted on the primary and/or secondary markets because of this...or if JJ is going to beg for an opening six gauntlet of NJD (who cares, opening night always sells), MTL, NYR, TOR, PIT, and PHI.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
One other thing - there's going to be some pressure on them to sell at the start of the season. Traditionally people don't even KNOW hockey is played in October. However, the current regular season/playoff sellout streak is at 294. That's tantalizingly close to 300, where they can have a big bash, send out press releases, and pat themselves on the back. After that, they probably won't give a crap about "paid attendance" if it the team looks like it's not going to sustain a streak.

The years that the Red Sox were in the playoffs the October Bruins games were tough to sell when the Bruins were good. If the Red Sox are in the playoffs this year and the Bruins become a less desirable ticket then the market could be bad for the October games.

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
Has anyone received a call from their rep? Mine called me the other day to "check in" and see if I had any concerns or ideas to make the fan experience better. I told him flat out that the ushers need to be better because at about 80% of the games my section didnt have an usher or the usher never enforced making people wait for stoppage in play. He said that was a reoccuring theme with his phone calls...thought the call was kinda random..anyone else get a call?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Has anyone received a call from their rep? Mine called me the other day to "check in" and see if I had any concerns or ideas to make the fan experience better. I told him flat out that the ushers need to be better because at about 80% of the games my section didnt have an usher or the usher never enforced making people wait for stoppage in play. He said that was a reoccuring theme with his phone calls...thought the call was kinda random..anyone else get a call?

Not me. How are you ? ;)

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Aug 9, 2006

I got that call several weeks ago, and oddly enough that was the exact message I gave. Completely agree on the ushers.

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
I got that call several weeks ago, and oddly enough that was the exact message I gave. Completely agree on the ushers.

I completely agree. I noticed on a lot of nights when the balcony sections lacked an usher, I could see the loge had 2 ushers in a section. Being on an aisle makes it the worst because it seems as tho nobody can locate their seats because most times people arent in the right seats because they see empty ones and spread out..

He also asked how my summer was so I said with a laugh "Well lets see, I missed out on playoff hockey for the 2nd year straight, they're keeping Julien after the 2nd straight collapse and Kevan Miller got extended..how do you think its going?" he nervously laughed and quickly changed the subject back to what other changes do you want to see...I was like nothing really..just address the ushers...What does he really expect to hear from a Bruins fan when asked how your summer is going when the season ended on April 9 :laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

While I agree with you for the most part for the first minute or two of a period after the intermission if the ushers do stop people from returning to their seats during play the bottleneck from the concourse becomes very long and ridiculous if there isn't a stoppage for a minute or more.

Common sense should be used and they should wait until AFTER the first whistle of the second or third period or about 1-2 minutes (real time not game time) after puck drop of that period to make people wait to return to their seats IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->