Tickets: Ticket Prices 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Is it just me ore did they change the method to upload tickets from your account to stubhub? seems a lot different this year. hopefully someone can help me out thanks!.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Those idiots at ticketmaster are taking an 18.5% buyer fee on top of 10% from you for your Ranger tickets on the exchange this year. This doesn't include the 5% delivery fee, lol - what a bunch of miserable bastads.

You also still have to painstakingly click one game at a time and click through 5 or 6 different pages before you can list the tickets, these incompetents are stuck in the stone age. Never mind that the seating map is completely unusable for buyers

Is there any wonder why stubhub is absolutely destroying them in sales?

I had a conversation with my ticket rep. before the Jets game and was told that the new exchange is down over 80% from the old ticketexchange of a few years ago. The old ticketexchange was very easy to use and charged a much lower percentage to the seller.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I had a conversation with my ticket rep. before the Jets game and was told that the new exchange is down over 80% from the old ticketexchange of a few years ago. The old ticketexchange was very easy to use and charged a much lower percentage to the seller.

Ignoring prices for one minute, the interface on ticket exchange is complete garbage. It's almost impossible for buyers to filter down to what they're looking for unless they click on ONE section. There's no way to list by single/multiple zone. But - what they did after the season started was copy your listings into their new ticketmaster reselling feature. This is SEPARATE from ticketsnow/ticketexchange and these show up on ticketmaster.com. When you go to buy tickets from the rangers on TM, you can now click to "view resale tickets". All your tickets from exchange are shown there on the map with exact seats and rows. Buyers can easily find your tickets that way.

Mind you, this doesn't change the stupid high fees or that it's like a root canal to actually list your tickets, but I have gotten 5 sales this way, versus only 3 sales on ticket exchange (where the only reason they sold is because I set them to the lowest price on the market and they showed up at the top of the list)

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
TE

FWIW: I had 2 tickets sell on TE for sat's game against the Canucks for double face value. I listed them that high on purpose never expecting them to sell. Was preparing to go to the game that morning when I got the email saying they had sold. Go figure. (I missed a helluva game though!)

Having said that, most times games do NOT sell as readily as they used to on TE now that TM is involved. But for one-offs like that, it is still useful.

Every once in a while someone will pay thru the noce for certain games. (6-yo crosby fans have a lot of influence!)

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
FWIW: I had 2 tickets sell on TE for sat's game against the Canucks for double face value. I listed them that high on purpose never expecting them to sell. Was preparing to go to the game that morning when I got the email saying they had sold. Go figure. (I missed a helluva game though!)

Having said that, most times games do NOT sell as readily as they used to on TE now that TM is involved. But for one-offs like that, it is still useful.

Every once in a while someone will pay thru the noce for certain games. (6-yo crosby fans have a lot of influence!)

That was the game of the year...tickets were going for upwards of 2.5x face or more. Helped to make up a bit for the general lower demand thus far this season.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
Ignoring prices for one minute, the interface on ticket exchange is complete garbage. It's almost impossible for buyers to filter down to what they're looking for unless they click on ONE section. There's no way to list by single/multiple zone. But - what they did after the season started was copy your listings into their new ticketmaster reselling feature. This is SEPARATE from ticketsnow/ticketexchange and these show up on ticketmaster.com. When you go to buy tickets from the rangers on TM, you can now click to "view resale tickets". All your tickets from exchange are shown there on the map with exact seats and rows. Buyers can easily find your tickets that way.

Mind you, this doesn't change the stupid high fees or that it's like a root canal to actually list your tickets, but I have gotten 5 sales this way, versus only 3 sales on ticket exchange (where the only reason they sold is because I set them to the lowest price on the market and they showed up at the top of the list)

I must be missing something. Even when I go in thru ticketmaster.comâ„¢ and set resale = on, I cannot see nearly the same amount of tickets I see when I go in thru ticketsnow.com. I posted a couple games on tichetsnow.com and that's the only place thru which I can view them. In fact, my whole section (413) is greyed out when I go in thru â„¢. Specifically games on 12/20 & 12/23.

Gordon, when you say "view reslale tickets", is that the same as switching resale from off to on?

Do I have to post them twice now that the season has started?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah that is a trend, I'm just glad in New York State it's illegal for venues to issue tickets that can't be transferred or resold. New Jersey is passing a similar law and it's going to be even better because it'll force the teams and event promoters to disclose exactly how many tickets are being sold, just so they can't manipulate sales like the Rangers & Knicks are doing now. But hopefully STHs are vocal enough here to keep the hard tickets as an option. They charge $25 per account for the hard ticket option now. I'm not sure what their cost is on printing a ticket booklet but I'd probably be willing to pay $50 just to have those hard tickets as souvenirs.

Well they've now completely done away with all coupons except for those $10 off parking which is stupid because you can easily find free parking after 7 pm within a 6 block radius of the Garden. Or if you prefer checking it, you can hit up nyc.bestparking.com to find the cheapest garages in manhattan which end up being cheaper than the Meyers garages even AFTER the $10 coupons

What would be really sweet is if every 5 years or so they gave you a free pair of new Bauer or CCM hockey skates =)

How exactly are the Rangers and Knicks manipulating sales? I don't think I ever used any of the coupons they used to give except for the free media guide.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I posted a few games on the ticketexchange (or whatever it is called) and also found it to be very annoying. What was more annoying was having to list each game individually. Wound up taking them all down. Stubhub is MUCH easier to use.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
How exactly are the Rangers and Knicks manipulating sales?
They intentionally constrict supply to artificially raise prices. When tickets go on sale, they only make a small fraction of their inventory available to give the illusion of scarcity. Then as they sell tickets, they gradually release more until they sell everything at the higher prices. Whatever is left near the game isn't dumped on ticketmaster, it's dumped through resellers so there's no mark of the team directly discounting

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Gordon, when you say "view resale tickets", is that the same as switching resale from off to on?

Do I have to post them twice now that the season has started?
Yeah, resale on and off - those are tickets that were supposed to be double listed from ticket exchange and also include people who bought on ticketmaster and clicked to "Sell" on their order page which is a recent feature. I can't remember when but they had sent me an email indicating that all my ticket exchange listings were automatically duplicated on the resale map on TM. Now when I get a sale from listing through my Rangers account, the exchange order numbers start with a Z and the TM resale order numbers start with a K.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, resale on and off - those are tickets that were supposed to be double listed from ticket exchange and also include people who bought on ticketmaster and clicked to "Sell" on their order page which is a recent feature. I can't remember when but they had sent me an email indicating that all my ticket exchange listings were automatically duplicated on the resale map on TM. Now when I get a sale from listing through my Rangers account, the exchange order numbers start with a Z and the TM resale order numbers start with a K.

I did some testing this morning. Previously I had been starting the listing process by clicking on http://www.ticketsnow.com/new-york-rangers-tickets/, and clicking "sell tickets" for the game I wanted to post, which directed me to "My New York Rangers account manager", where I signed in and completed the process. This resulted in tickets being listed only on ticketsnow.

I removed my postings and started by going directly to "My New York Rangers account manager", https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/rangersnhl/EN/account/home. The tickets ended up being posted to both ticketsnow and â„¢.

The email you are referring to was sent on 10/11/13 and the relevant passage was: "If you have already posted tickets for resale on the NHL Ticket Exchange via My Rangers Account Manager, they will be automatically listed on TM+ as well. Moving forward, all tickets posted for resale through My Rangers Account Manager will be listed on â„¢+."

I conclude that the automatic duplicating of listings from ticketsnow to â„¢ was a one time thing and starting 10/11 the process must begin with the â„¢ site. Since I added new listings via ticketsnow just recently, they didn't move over to â„¢.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I emailed my tickets for tonight's game to someone. She just emailed me to say she tried to print the tickets, but is getting a message that she already printed them and now they are not showing up in her ticketmaster account. Said she may have accidentally clicked print on her phone when she first received. Tried calling the garden, but they are not open yet. Subscriber office opens at 5:30. Any ideas? Anyone ever have this issue before?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I emailed my tickets for tonight's game to someone. She just emailed me to say she tried to print the tickets, but is getting a message that she already printed them and now they are not showing up in her ticketmaster account. Said she may have accidentally clicked print on her phone when she first received. Tried calling the garden, but they are not open yet. Subscriber office opens at 5:30. Any ideas? Anyone ever have this issue before?

Unfortunately you will have to wait until office opens. This has happened to me before but not on short notice and they were able to fix it during business hours in a few minutes.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Turned out she tried to go directly through her ticketmaster account, rather than through the Rangers website? Sounds like a pretty stupid system if it is done by ticketmaster and you can't go directly through their site.

pcc499

Sep 28, 2011
I printed tickets out for the game last night and gave them to a friend. He sent me a message as the game was starting that the tickets didn't work and he had to buy tickets outside. Anyone have any idea how this happened. The tickets were listed on my account and I never issued them to anyone else.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I printed tickets out for the game last night and gave them to a friend. He sent me a message as the game was starting that the tickets didn't work and he had to buy tickets outside. Anyone have any idea how this happened. The tickets were listed on my account and I never issued them to anyone else.

That happened to me once, but not with printed tickets. Hard tickets. They refunded me the price my guy paid for tickets. Since he bought outside, they may refund you face of those or for your tickets. Email your rep, now.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
This is my last year with Season Tickets. With everything the Rangers do to screw their subscribers, I now see that the NHL is offering a free $50.00 NHL.com gift card if you buy stadium series tickets. After the Rangers MAKE us buy the $50.00 scarf and hat.

I am in the process of writing a long letter to management and plan on canceling my account ASAP.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This is my last year with Season Tickets. With everything the Rangers do to screw their subscribers, I now see that the NHL is offering a free $50.00 NHL.com gift card if you buy stadium series tickets. After the Rangers MAKE us buy the $50.00 scarf and hat.

I am in the process of writing a long letter to management and plan on canceling my account ASAP.

The Rangers do that every year. They sell holiday or similar ticket 3 packs that include free gifts and $ vouchers for food/drink. At the end of the day your primary season subscriber benefit is to get a seat to every regular season and playoff game at face. Anything else is a bonus.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

Good for you. I hate the way the Rangers try to screw there subscribers. I have heard many similiar STH,s say they are cancelling also. The thing is that many say they will cancel but the Rangers count on their threats being idle and not cancelling.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Good for you. I hate the way the Rangers try to screw there subscribers. I have heard many similiar STH,s say they are cancelling also. The thing is that many say they will cancel but the Rangers count on their threats being idle and not cancelling.

Yep but maybe with the jacked up prices, full schedule with more western teams causing demand to decrease compared to last season, preseason games being back next year, and the way they treat their customers, there finally will be a bigger exodus than usual.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
I posted a few games on the ticketexchange (or whatever it is called) and also found it to be very annoying. What was more annoying was having to list each game individually. Wound up taking them all down. Stubhub is MUCH easier to use.

Also a small annoyance of mine, the Ticketmaster seating map is not accurate.
The red X's show where they think my seats are, and the red O's next to them show where they actually are, in relation to the row below.
The red O filled in blue is seat 1, that is actually to the right of my seats and has the railing directly in front of it, I always feel sorry for the person who spent $100 to sit there.
picture.php

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The Rangers do that every year. They sell holiday or similar ticket 3 packs that include free gifts and $ vouchers for food/drink. At the end of the day your primary season subscriber benefit is to get a seat to every regular season and playoff game at face. Anything else is a bonus.

I have seen those various mini-packs that pop up. Generally, only the more expensive seats are available and often at inflated prices. Those don't bother me. This thing with the gift card vs making us buy those stupid scarves does bother me, and if they were selling holiday-packs for CHEAPER than a full STH pays, I would be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad