Tickets: Ticket Prices 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Games like this past week (Nashville on a tuesday in december, Columbus on a thursday in december), I make sure to get rid of quick. I sell for the price I paid. Can't remember the last time I ate a non pre-season game ticket.

Actually those dead mid-week games against Columbus and Nashville are games I typically end up going to, simply because they are mid-week and are a team that I am sure I haven't already seen (this season.)

I, too, don't charge my regulars more than face. I charge people I don't know (anonymous SH, TE buyers) a premium (if I can get it).

I've only had to sell one game on-line this year...

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Way too many games coming at once, December has been mental. People are also waiting out the prices on the Wild & Maple Leafs game but IMO they're going to be in for a rude awakening, there's not another game for 14 days after that monday and it's right before christmas - I fully expect prices to shoot up. The Penguins game will be soft and the Islanders game should be decent

I thought about this happening too, but I'm not sure. If anyone has been monitoring ticket deals in the past week, they know and full expect prices to bottom out before game time. With more fans holding out and expecting a deal late, do you think that demand will skyrocket for those 2 games? If it does, it's very late (2 hrs before game time).

Also, I don't think the Wild or Leafs are huge rivalries where people have a must-go game. Obviously for those only home during the holidays, I understand, but the opponent could be better..

I don't think prices shoot up drastically until a few hours before puck drop. I agree tho that no way they bottom out for those last 2 games.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I thought about this happening too, but I'm not sure. If anyone has been monitoring ticket deals in the past week, they know and full expect prices to bottom out before game time. With more fans holding out and expecting a deal late, do you think that demand will skyrocket for those 2 games? If it does, it's very late (2 hrs before game time).

Also, I don't think the Wild or Leafs are huge rivalries where people have a must-go game. Obviously for those only home during the holidays, I understand, but the opponent could be better..

I don't think prices shoot up drastically until a few hours before puck drop. I agree tho that no way they bottom out for those last 2 games.

It's the holidays, family are in town, people have money to spend and need something to do. Even non-Ranger and non-hockey fans will want to go to a game, the team could be dead last and the game would have 2 times more demand than any other game in the season. People will try to wait it out but the supply will dwindle and like every year there's going to be a squeeze. Same type thing like with the Canucks game, people were hoping for a last minute deal on stubhub but it never materialized and prices went the other way because there was nothing left for sale

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

The demand will go up for these games. Christmas week games always go for 2 times face if not more for upper bowl seats. I expect the Leafs game to be going for maybe 2.5 times face especially if the seats are decent.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
The demand will go up for these games. Christmas week games always go for 2 times face if not more for upper bowl seats. I expect the Leafs game to be going for maybe 2.5 times face especially if the seats are decent.

I think what you're saying is true unless you have 1st row gallery seats like me.
Lucky if I can get a 50% mark up on these seats.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Way too many games coming at once, December has been mental. People are also waiting out the prices on the Wild & Maple Leafs game but IMO they're going to be in for a rude awakening, there's not another game for 14 days after that monday and it's right before christmas - I fully expect prices to shoot up. The Penguins game will be soft and the Islanders game should be decent

Really? Right now there are over 1700 tix on SH for the wilds game and over 1500 for the leafs. In fact, someone can get a pair in the lower bowl on SH now for $12 more ($107) than what you are asking for your 400 levels seats for the wilds game. Then again, your 400 blue seats probably have a better view.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I think what you're saying is true unless you have 1st row gallery seats like me.
Lucky if I can get a 50% mark up on these seats.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. There is no point in getting season tickets in those and lower bowl seats unless you plan on going to the majority of the games. The whole idea of selling the good games to cover your losses is so counter-intuitive. You bought the seats in the first place so you can see the good games.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Really? Right now there are over 1700 tix on SH for the wilds game and over 1500 for the leafs. In fact, someone can get a pair in the lower bowl on SH now for $12 more ($107) than what you are asking for your 400 levels seats for the wilds game. Then again, your 400 blue seats probably have a better view.

On SH the Wild game today has been averaging about 20 sales per hour this afternoon. That's about 500 average per day which would clean out inventory in just over three days. Of course that rate slows down overnight and picks up in the morning and over lunch, but the pace is increasing over last week. The leafs game is selling even faster. Those lowers are a great deal and those will be gone soon

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. There is no point in getting season tickets in those and lower bowl seats unless you plan on going to the majority of the games. The whole idea of selling the good games to cover your losses is so counter-intuitive. You bought the seats in the first place so you can see the good games.

Yeah, lowers are priced at market with no meat on the bone. The games you really want, you have to sell if you need to make ends meet. The 25% fee on SH is the killer, so if you don't intend to use most of your tickets you shouldn't get into lowers or front row gallery unless you have an established network of buyers to take several games at face or better

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

Just looking at the crowd last night as an example the upper bowl was basically full but the lower bowl seemed empty. For new subscribers that first year in the lower bowl can be an eye-opener if you plan on selling a bunch of games.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
On SH the Wild game today has been averaging about 20 sales per hour this afternoon. That's about 500 average per day which would clean out inventory in just over three days. Of course that rate slows down overnight and picks up in the morning and over lunch, but the pace is increasing over last week. The leafs game is selling even faster. Those lowers are a great deal and those will be gone soon

Yeah, lowers are priced at market with no meat on the bone. The games you really want, you have to sell if you need to make ends meet. The 25% fee on SH is the killer, so if you don't intend to use most of your tickets you shouldn't get into lowers or front row gallery unless you have an established network of buyers to take several games at face or better

I actually thought it was easier to move my section 115 row 15 seats that had a face value of $136 than my 1st row gallery seats with a face value of $135.00 If prices are equal people will choose the lower bowl vs. 1st row gallery seats. I think it would actually be easier to move the 1st row gallery seats on stub hub if they didn't have them listed separately as gallery seats. Most people don't even know what "Gallery" seats are. Some people just want 1st row seats and are willing to pay more for them.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I've been keeping track of the amount of tickets for sale on Stubhub for the Yankee stadium games and the number just jumped by more than 750 tickets within the last few hours.
Wonder what is going on.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I've been keeping track of the amount of tickets for sale on Stubhub for the Yankee stadium games and the number just jumped by more than 750 tickets within the last few hours.
Wonder what is going on.

Sounds like the $50 gift cards did not go over so well!

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
This just in, for season subscribers:

Rangers Subscriber Player Forum

We are excited to have you join us for our Season Subscriber Player Forum at The Theater at Madison Square Garden (enter through Chase Square) on Wednesday, January 15th, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.

Please complete the RSVP form below to secure your spot for this exclusive Season Subscriber event by Wednesday, January 8th. All requests will be confirmed via email shortly thereafter.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=86492

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
This just in, for season subscribers:

Rangers Subscriber Player Forum

We are excited to have you join us for our Season Subscriber Player Forum at The Theater at Madison Square Garden (enter through Chase Square) on Wednesday, January 15th, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.

Please complete the RSVP form below to secure your spot for this exclusive Season Subscriber event by Wednesday, January 8th. All requests will be confirmed via email shortly thereafter.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=86492

Yeah looking forward to it, gonna be open bar

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I know it's been talked about here but who has used ScoreBig? Where on the offer potential meter is usually a good indication of whether your offer will get accepted?

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
I know it's been talked about here but who has used ScoreBig? Where on the offer potential meter is usually a good indication of whether your offer will get accepted?

I've bought a ton of games from ScoreBig. In my opinion, even with the coupon codes now, there's aren't that many good deals to be had. Usually, for really good deals, you want to buy much earlier in the season.

For the potential meter, typically choose a price that's half way, and you should be good. If you get the "Are you sure you want to submit this offer? It seems way too low" notice, most of the time, your price will be way too low. I've had a price with that notice accepted 1 time out of maybe 50.

Also, all ScoreBig tickets are guaranteed and even if it's tempted to evade their 24 hr notice, don't do it or you're "breaking their terms of agreement". Then they can cancel your order at any time etc.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So the skating party for season ticket holders who renewed with a Chase credit card is going to be at Yankee Stadium on 2/7. Not that this won't be cool, but I'm a bit disappointed that I still will not have had the chance to skate at MSG

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
So the skating party for season ticket holders who renewed with a Chase credit card is going to be at Yankee Stadium on 2/7. Not that this won't be cool, but I'm a bit disappointed that I still will not have had the chance to skate at MSG

2/7 is a Friday they usually have the party on a weekend.

ChOyBoY

Jul 11, 2013
Brooklyn

damn i'm one year too late, just signed up this year as a STH. what happens at the skating parties at MSG usually? would've loved to go to yankee stadium though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad