Tickets: Ticket Prices 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I have seen those various mini-packs that pop up. Generally, only the more expensive seats are available and often at inflated prices. Those don't bother me. This thing with the gift card vs making us buy those stupid scarves does bother me, and if they were selling holiday-packs for CHEAPER than a full STH pays, I would be pissed.

Pretty sure they were selling the tickets below subscriber face in recent years. Not 100% positive, but I feel like they were. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
This is my last year with Season Tickets. With everything the Rangers do to screw their subscribers, I now see that the NHL is offering a free $50.00 NHL.com gift card if you buy stadium series tickets. After the Rangers MAKE us buy the $50.00 scarf and hat.

I am in the process of writing a long letter to management and plan on canceling my account ASAP.

Where are your seats?

DancinLarry

Oct 3, 2013
Anyone able to tell me what sections get access to the 360 Sky Club? I got tickets in 116 that are labeled club seats, I think they are just seat service seats but I'm not sure just wanted to check.

Thanks.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I haven't seen prices this low for a rangers game. $167 for platinum. $45 for club center. Unbelievable. And it s still 2.5 hours before face off.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone able to tell me what sections get access to the 360 Sky Club? I got tickets in 116 that are labeled club seats, I think they are just seat service seats but I'm not sure just wanted to check.

Thanks.

Those don't have Delta Club access. It's the first 8 rows of 108-106 as well as everything that is the price of those and up. It would say Delta Club on the tix if you had access.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013

Thanks.

Nope..116 is either club center or gold..no delta club

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I haven't seen prices this low for a rangers game. $167 for platinum. $45 for club center. Unbelievable. And it s still 2.5 hours before face off.

I saw a single ticket go as cheap as $19. This is all including fees no less. Thursday night looks like it could be heading the same way too. I don't think it'll get THIS bad but the cheapest ticket right now is $44 with just under 2,000 tickets left on StubHub.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I saw a single ticket go as cheap as $19. This is all including fees no less. Thursday night looks like it could be heading the same way too. I don't think it'll get THIS bad but the cheapest ticket right now is $44 with just under 2,000 tickets left on StubHub.

Platinum is now $145 and so is the Madison club. And it's still 2 hours before game. If I can go, I would jump on these. Food alone is worth it. I don't think Thursday will be as bad unless they play like Sunday tonite. Maybe snow has something to do with it.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

People have short memories - you could have gotten cheaper 2 years ago, even on a Sunday night against the Islanders ($20ish for club seats)

Last year was an abberration with the lack of games, now we're back to 41 and the prices are even higher, yet the total market for an entire season hasn't moved much

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Not saying this has any immediate effect, but the way our team has been playing lately at home has been dismal. Losing 4-1 to the Caps and Preds in a 9 game homestand does not do anything good for the ticket market.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rush to the bottom for all home games except the Wild and Toronto because of the holidays.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I have the $53.00 range.

And I am having big time trouble selling. Nobody wants to go this year :help:

I think a big problem is not the teams performance but it seems like many recent new subscribers just want to go to 5-10 games a year and sell the rest thus flooding the market. I have had seasons for 8 years and my brother for about 13 years and I try to go to 25-30 games a year and sell the rest to people I have on my list. I can remember before went I got first got seasons if 1000 tickets were posted for sale on SH and TE that was a lot when now I see 2500 posted each game. 8 years ago the first day you were able to post on TE I think I sold about 8 games and my seats were in the lower bowl the old section 222(terrible section) at I think $82 a seat back then. I hope new subscribers don't get tickets hoping to sell 30 games and pay for there playoff tickets but I see a few posters selling almost every game on this board. I have said this for years if you want to subscribe to full seasons try to make the commitment of going to at least 20 games.
Wait until next year when the STH,s have to eat 3 preseason games! With the increased prices in the past 2 years lower bowl seats are not selling at all and upper bowl seats have had their demand lowered a little.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Do Rangers games even sellout anymore? Every telecast, Sam announces that individual tickets are still available for the next game on ticketmaster. Upper bowl always looks full, but the lower bowl has looked like a a Devils preseason game almost every game so far.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Do Rangers games even sellout anymore? Every telecast, Sam announces that individual tickets are still available for the next game on ticketmaster. Upper bowl always looks full, but the lower bowl has looked like a a Devils preseason game almost every game so far.

Every game has been listed as a sellout but I think they're full of ****. Look at Ticketmaster the day of the game on the interactive map and you'll see tons of seats then during the game you'll see the same general areas have empty seats.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Every game has been listed as a sellout but I think they're full of ****. Look at Ticketmaster the day of the game on the interactive map and you'll see tons of seats then during the game you'll see the same general areas have empty seats.

Yeah, that's what I think too. The only genuine sellouts (I think) have been Vancouver (definitely) and maybe the home opener. About 85% of games haven't even come close to a sellout.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I believe someone previously mentioned that they dump excess inventory for pennies on the dollar to brokers so they can claim the game is sold out.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
The Rangers games the past several seasons have appeared to be sell outs and people thought it would be the same this season too.

Has attendance already started to take a hit, and what about Knicks games?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I have the $53.00 range.

How are you trying to sell? Do you sell 1 game at a time and sell the more popular games for a profit? Do you sell in groups with a mix of popular/less popular?

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I have the $53.00 range.

How are you trying to sell? Do you sell 1 game at a time and sell the more popular games for a profit? Do you sell in groups with a mix of popular/less popular?

I've had a share in tickets for 20 years... And even in the bad years I've done okay.

I have no trade secret, and surely there are more resale tools today then there were 20 years ago, but if you are in it to survive (not make a killing profit), then I recommend:

1. Build a list of regular buyers who will commit to take a couple of games off you in the fall, before the season starts.

2. Commit to half a season on your own / with your buddy. We'll take 1/3 together, I'll take 1/6 for myself to use, as will he, and we'll sell the rest.

3. Commit to what you want early (in the summer, when the schedule is released.) I work two blocks from the Garden; my buddy works downtown. So its safe to say that unless there is a special occasion, we sell all the weekend games outright. If I already know I'll be skiing the Wasatch in January, I know that those games are on the block. I usually end up with 2-3 games per month, and try not to see any team twice if I can avoid it.

4. Get the liability off the books as soon as possible. Sell early if someone is willing to commit. I personally give up the opportunity to make a killing on a one-off game (Van@NYR, i.e.) in order to recoup my investment, which began back in May. As a STH, you already get a discount over the rack-rate, so use that to your advantage. Using the Hub or TE to resell gives back your advantage, so unless you have no other choice, word of mouth is your best way to avoid the vig.

Good luck!
-Doug

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I've had a share in tickets for 20 years... And even in the bad years I've done okay.

I have no trade secret, and surely there are more resale tools today then there were 20 years ago, but if you are in it to survive (not make a killing profit), then I recommend:

1. Build a list of regular buyers who will commit to take a couple of games off you in the fall, before the season starts.

2. Commit to half a season on your own / with your buddy. We'll take 1/3 together, I'll take 1/6 for myself to use, as will he, and we'll sell the rest.

3. Commit to what you want early (in the summer, when the schedule is released.) I work two blocks from the Garden; my buddy works downtown. So its safe to say that unless there is a special occasion, we sell all the weekend games outright. If I already know I'll be skiing the Wasatch in January, I know that those games are on the block. I usually end up with 2-3 games per month, and try not to see any team twice if I can avoid it.

4. Get the liability off the books as soon as possible. Sell early if someone is willing to commit. I personally give up the opportunity to make a killing on a one-off game (Van@NYR, i.e.) in order to recoup my investment, which began back in May. As a STH, you already get a discount over the rack-rate, so use that to your advantage. Using the Hub or TE to resell gives back your advantage, so unless you have no other choice, word of mouth is your best way to avoid the vig.

Good luck!
-Doug

Pretty much what I do. Schedule comes out, and within 3 days, I decide what I am keeping. Have 3 regular buyers who take anywhere from 5-8 games each. Games like this past week (Nashville on a tuesday in december, Columbus on a thursday in december), I make sure to get rid of quick. I sell for the price I paid. Can't remember the last time I ate a non pre-season game ticket.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
A shootout win might get this team on the right track and these ticket prices...

Way too many games coming at once, December has been mental. People are also waiting out the prices on the Wild & Maple Leafs game but IMO they're going to be in for a rude awakening, there's not another game for 14 days after that monday and it's right before christmas - I fully expect prices to shoot up. The Penguins game will be soft and the Islanders game should be decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad