News Article: Ticket-hoarding Rangers fans set to invade Philadelphia

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
It is also a pretty easy drive. Have done it many many times. NJ Turnpike to exit 4. Then follow the signs and take 73 into Philly. Granted, I am in Staten Island not far from the Outerbridge so it is closer for me than anyone in the other boroughs, LI, Westchester, etc.

If traffic is flowing I can make that trip in about 90 minutes from New Dorp. Not a bad ride at all.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
This article might be pretty accurate. I'm waiting for my buddy inside MSG and I've been watching people enter , I think I saw only 3 flyer jerseys come in over the past hour. I bought tickets for Fridays game so hopefully there will be plenty of blue in the stands!!

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Wells fargo is right off the interstate. It's out side the city limits. I don't think there is a train that goes there. Most likely you will have to take a bus to the arena from the train station.

The Broad Street subway goes to the arena.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
I'm waiting for my buddy inside MSG and I've been watching people enter , I think I saw only 3 flyer jerseys come in over the past hour.

Not that I'm complaining, but I was shocked at how few Flyers fans were in the stands today, given that Philly is such a rabid hockey city, its proximity to NY, and the fact it's a weekend game (albeit Easter).

aroundtheriver

Apr 21, 2013
New Jersey
On the topic...really contemplating going. I know there's the individual ticket forum, but are there any groups from NJ going that have an extra ticket want to me up and go together this Friday?

PKNY94

May 18, 2012
Any advice for those of us making the trip down to Philly tonight? I'm planning to wear my Rangers jersey at the game but I'm expecting we'll get harassed all night by the drunk lunatics down there. One of my friends went down for a regular season game and he said that he received threats all game long.

I know that's to be expected but what's been your experience in Philly? Did you feel safe enough to cheer on the Rangers without having to constantly look around your back? I'm expecting the most hostile environment I've ever been to for a Rangers game. I went to Washington last year for Game 7 and the ECF Game 6 against the Devils. Both were pretty hostile but I'm sure it's going to be on another level tonight. LGR!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Plams, pls. You are as frightening as a kitten. :laugh:

On the main board the Flyers fans seem to think there won't be many Rangers fans there tonight. I hope they are very wrong.

I'm harmless unless I get harassed and can do something about it. :laugh: And when I turn around and the 45 year old and his kid my age are both threatening to kill me, I'll do something about it...

PKNY94

May 18, 2012
Thanks guys. Heading out now. Hope there's a solid contingent of blue there tonight!

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Unfortunately, if you wear your Ranger's colors, there is a good chance you will have to deal with some jerks.

Hopefully it stops with verbal insults and does't slip into the physical.

I went to school at BC in Boston and would wear my Rangers stuff and would get into it with the Boston faithful, but there was always a pretty big contingent of Rangers fans and that kept things tense but I believe stopped it from getting physical. (Still hate the Boston fans though.)

Philly fans are also remarkably low-brow. So expect the worst...

And good luck having security help you out if there are issues.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Any advice for those of us making the trip down to Philly tonight? I'm planning to wear my Rangers jersey at the game but I'm expecting we'll get harassed all night by the drunk lunatics down there. One of my friends went down for a regular season game and he said that he received threats all game long.

I know that's to be expected but what's been your experience in Philly? Did you feel safe enough to cheer on the Rangers without having to constantly look around your back? I'm expecting the most hostile environment I've ever been to for a Rangers game. I went to Washington last year for Game 7 and the ECF Game 6 against the Devils. Both were pretty hostile but I'm sure it's going to be on another level tonight. LGR!

I went last year to a Rangers philly game there with my g/f and 2 friends. Not much was said to us except a couple of rangers suck which we just ignored. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. As long as you understand some stuff will be shouted and let it roll off your back you will be fine. I have never had a problem going to an away game. Just recognize where you are and try to not get into it because there are a lot of idiots down there.

Zeshy25

Oct 3, 2005
Went by myself to the first game in Philly after the 2004 lockout. Got a free ticket 10 rows from the ice and wore my Rangers jersey. People yelling at me the whole night. Older woman gave me the finger when Rangers scored. Rangers won in like twelve-round shootout I believe and whole place was quiet and I was screaming Lets go Rangers. No physical abuse and no threats.

I think there will be plenty of Rangers fans there and police will definitely be on notice. Good luck to whoever is making the trip.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
I feel like if there's not many fans there tonight, it's because it's a tuesday night. Friday's game tho....

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I went to Philly for the winter classic and was 100% fine. I had on rangers gear and plenty of other ranger fans around.

I had the same experience at the Winter Classic. Even walking back to the train station all the Flyer fans were decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00