News Article: Ticket-hoarding Rangers fans set to invade Philadelphia

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
In fairness, many of us sold excellent seats on this very board for $200.

I wasn't speaking about the board, prices have been very fare on here. I was speaking about TM/Stubhub, how **** obstructive seats are going for crazy prices. I should've used a better price point to use as example.

You would not get in the building for $200 for the ECF or SCF. If they got to the SCF, you'd be looking at $600-700 minimum.

you didn't read it right, I said put the money towards as an "investment" as in use the $200 towards the tickets, knowing they are crazy expensive.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
I would love to go to Philly for a Rangers playoff game..... Amtrak to Philly and then the broad Street subway!

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
So if I buy tickets on an unaffiliated site to seatgeek (stubhub), somehow SH exposes my purchase location and purchase price to a 3rd party? Sounds like Connor Gregoire is doing a lot of guessing.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I might go to the Friday game. Can you take the train from penn? Does it go right to Wells Fargo center or you have to take the subway?

Amtrak goes from Penn to 30th street station in Philly. It's not cheap though. I worked in Philly back in 2003-04 and drove into Newark every day to take the train from there. No idea how to get to the arena from there. There is probably a subway though.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Amtrak goes from Penn to 30th street station in Philly. It's not cheap though. I worked in Philly back in 2003-04 and drove into Newark every day to take the train from there. No idea how to get to the arena from there. There is probably a subway though.

At least $53 each way, and I don't know which stops are close, and which would require ride on top.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
A lot on this board are bashing the prices at MSG. I remember during the 94 run thinking that the prices were super expensive. I was 30 years old and had a great job but I didn't go to any playoff games because of what I thought were high prices at the time. I guess NYC will always be expensive when it comes to the playoffs. I heard Knicks tickets last year were going for in excess of $200 for every playoff game.

Actually it was bizarro world for the Knicks last year 2012-13 - all regular season it cost a fortune to get in the door and t hen when the playoffs hit there was a huge glut of tickets and prices went below face for every game. You could have gotten in for less than $100 by waiting it out

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So if I buy tickets on an unaffiliated site to seatgeek (stubhub), somehow SH exposes my purchase location and purchase price to a 3rd party? Sounds like Connor Gregoire is doing a lot of guessing.

Yes. Also, the government reads all your text messages and emails.

So really, this isn't that bad. It's probably just for research. And personalized ads.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

The train station is on the West side in the middle of the city. The sports complex is all the heck the way south in the middle of nowhere. You are way better off driving in straight there, but if you can don't come with NY plates

McDunna with Fries

Apr 9, 2012
I did the math. Overall, its cheaper for me to buy a ticket to one of the games in Philly, pay for gas there and back, and buy myself two beers at the game than it is for me to buy one single ticket to a game at the Garden (just the ticket, not including travel/beers/etc).

Ticket prices at the Garden are downright exorbitant. Its ridiculous.

You have to factor in the cost for the atmosphere too IMO. I've been to plenty of playoff games in opposing stadiums, and it's just not as fun when everyone around you is a diehard fan for the opposing team.

Walk With Lias

Sep 18, 2007
I might go to the Friday game. Can you take the train from penn? Does it go right to Wells Fargo center or you have to take the subway?

It's a very easy trip on Amtrak. Take Amtrak or SEPTA R7 to 30th street station. From there you have to hop on the market frankfurt line and take it one stop downtown to 15th street city hall. There you transfer to the broadstreet line and you take that to the last stop AT&T which is the sports complex.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
well if you're gonna go all budget forget NJT and take the Philadelphia PATH train on roughly the same route and closer to the right subway for a fraction of the cost

:laugh::laugh: the ramen of transportation

don't you still have to take NJT from Newark (PATH) to Trenton to connect to SEPTA?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I wasn't speaking about the board, prices have been very fare on here. I was speaking about TM/Stubhub, how **** obstructive seats are going for crazy prices. I should've used a better price point to use as example.

you didn't read it right, I said put the money towards as an "investment" as in use the $200 towards the tickets, knowing they are crazy expensive.

1) the tix are still selling at those ridiculou prices, so they must be priced ok.

2) ok, that is different and I can understand holding out for later rounds.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
http://nypost.com/2014/04/17/ticket-hoarding-rangers-fans-set-to-invade-philadelphia/

Very surprised the Rangers appear to be generating this much travel, since I don't recall this being the case in recent seasons with Washington or Boston, and we know Philly is a hard ticket.

Are the Rangers really making this much a buzz in New York as opposed to other seasons?

Having traveled to both Washington and Boston for regular season and playoff games the drives are not bad at all. The Ranger presence is pretty good at both spots.

I have stayed away from Philly due to the horror stories that I have heard about how Flyer fans treat opposing team fans. This will be my first trip down to Philly and I have to say I was a little nervous but this article makes me feel a little bit better.

How far would you travel for a Ranger playoff game? I would got as far as Montreal or Columbus.....maybe Detroit.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Philly is an even quicker trip to make. That, and the gap between teams pricing keeps getting bigger as Dolan gets greedier and greedier.

As long as peeps keep paying he is gonna keep on jacking em' up. I paid $91 for my regular season ticket in 217 obstructed view seat. The 2 girls sitting behind me paid $110 a ticket on stubhub.

The tickets I picked up for philly are behind the net aisle seat. $150 each on Stubhub.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

Wells fargo is right off the interstate. It's out side the city limits. I don't think there is a train that goes there. Most likely you will have to take a bus to the arena from the train station.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Your best bet is the Amtrak from Penn to 30th street station in Philadelphia. Take the subway one stop, transfer to the orange line and that will take you right to the sports complex.

You could also possibly take the NJ Transit to the 30th Street station but I'm not really sure of that route.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
a few years ago i took greyhound into center city and took the subway which was a block away from the greyhound station. round trip cost me $25 bucks.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Your best bet is the Amtrak from Penn to 30th street station in Philadelphia. Take the subway one stop, transfer to the orange line and that will take you right to the sports complex.

A bunch of fans did this for the WC and it was not bad at all

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It is also a pretty easy drive. Have done it many many times. NJ Turnpike to exit 4. Then follow the signs and take 73 into Philly. Granted, I am in Staten Island not far from the Outerbridge so it is closer for me than anyone in the other boroughs, LI, Westchester, etc.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008

A bunch of fans did this for the WC and it was not bad at all
I did as well. Very easy. Lots of people going to the game too, so you follow the crowd.

It is also a pretty easy drive. Have done it many many times. NJ Turnpike to exit 4. Then follow the signs and take 73 into Philly. Granted, I am in Staten Island not far from the Outerbridge so it is closer for me than anyone in the other boroughs, LI, Westchester, etc.

Yeah, it's not a bad drive either. About 2 hours from NYC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad