Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions *Read Post 289*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Looking for two tickets for the Rangers/Lightning game on 2/2 down in the lower bowl where the Rangers shoot twice. I live in Tampa so if anyone has anything, it'd be pretty easy to exchange cash/tickets.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I bought tome tickets for 3/17 to see the Blues and Lightning. They're section 103, row C. In St.Louis, tickets in that same comparable section get you free brats, hot dogs, drinks, and an early entrance into the building, but I'm not sure if they get me anything in TB Times Forum. Can anyone verify what my tickets do or don't get me? If they're not going to get me anything, I'll just hit a restaurant before the game. But I don't want to drop $35 just before the game to get to my seat and find out I could have had free beer and brats, or something else. I did that last year when I saw the Blues and Panthers; I got some all-inclusive tickets, but I didn't know they were until I got there. I've looked all over the Lightning website to get an idea, but I can't find anything that addresses my question.

Any advice is helpful and I hope both teams play an exciting, competitive game. By the way, and I'm not just saying this for the dependable advice, I'm rooting for you guys to make the playoffs. It'd be pretty interesting to see an all Florida playoff round.

Only row A and B get you that I believe, as well as AYC drink beer/liquor.

EDIT: Just realized this is like a year old. My bad.

Do keep in mind that Row A and B will get you the all you can eat and drink package which does include beer and liquor (and wine for those who are fans), as well as the Channelside Club which is in the 200s.

Also, if you're looking to stuff your face with some amazing food as well, look at getting tickets to firestick grill inside the arena before the game - it'll be a flat 50 to get you in, but its all you can eat and the food is phenomenal, talking lobster tails, king crab, snow crab, fresh oysters, scallops, kobe beef, ceviche, like 20 desserts, 3 types of incredible soups, turkey, grouper, prime rib... its ridiculous. Its so good.

Last edited:

Emory Jordan

Jan 4, 2013
Tampa Bay
Student Rush Question

Hey guys-

Was curious if anyone could give me info on how busy the lines are for Student Rush tickets? Most teams I've gone to watch play usually do pre-sale online, but I see the Lightning have a first come first serve policy, handing tickets out 15 minutes prior to puck-drop.

Was looking for someone who could give me any insight from experience as to how many tickets they usually give out, and when I should show up to get in line?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Brother is down for a few days, going to the Leafs game (ticket/seating advice)

He claims there are tickets available for as low as $17. Are these standing zones? Looking at the site, cheapest I'm seeing are $37.

Either way, any specific section you'd recommend for an away fan?

Last edited:

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
Hey guys-

Was curious if anyone could give me info on how busy the lines are for Student Rush tickets? Most teams I've gone to watch play usually do pre-sale online, but I see the Lightning have a first come first serve policy, handing tickets out 15 minutes prior to puck-drop.

Was looking for someone who could give me any insight from experience as to how many tickets they usually give out, and when I should show up to get in line?

Student Rush really depends on the team we're playing...I have been showing up to games almost exclusively right on time because I live in Orlando, and between work and school it's just hard to make it over here with time to spare. So I've seen a moderate sized line to a line that was HUGE. The game against the Flyers the line was huge, and I'm pretty sure a lot of those kids got turned away.

As far as how many tickets they give out, obviously it's whatever's leftover after they close the box office. With that said, it really depends once again on what team we're playing. Flyers, Penguins, NY teams, Boston, Canadian teams, will all be draw a lot of people, and the tickets for student rush will be few and far between.

If I were you I would be there at least an hour early for unpopular teams, and just gauge how popular the team we're playing and how much you want to get in.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
He claims there are tickets available for as low as $17. Are these standing zones? Looking at the site, cheapest I'm seeing are $37.

Either way, any specific section you'd recommend for an away fan?

I wouldn't recommend sitting in the end zone if you like looking at the jumbotron...That thing is awesome from the sides, but behind the goalies it's very weak.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I wouldn't recommend sitting in the end zone if you like looking at the jumbotron...That thing is awesome from the sides, but behind the goalies it's very weak.

I totally agree. So small and you don't get to see everything like on the sides.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Looking for two tickets to sat April 21 against Carolina. Not interested in anything in the end zones at all as I don't like the mesh. Only interested in seats between both hash marks(half boards). Not to high up in second level. No more than five rows. First level any row. Please pm me. Thanks. :)

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Hi Bolts fans,

My girlfriend, myself and her 5 1/2 old son are going to be in Tampa on March 9th for the Bolts/Habs fan. I am absolutely NOT a Habs fan...as you can probably tell from my location. I saw a Jets/Bolts game in Tampa last year and had an absolute blast. It was a great value and the overall quality of experience far exceeds that of my own home rink (TD Banknorth Garden). So this time i want to show her the rink. I think she will get a kick out of the gigantic tesla coils and huge turkey legs you guys have.

I know these Habs games probably fill up...but does anyone have any leads on 3 tickets? PM me if you do! I can paypal. We'll consider all options!

Many thanks...and good luck!

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Hello all. Just looking for 5 tickets for the game on 3/16...lower level if possible (taking dad and he doesnt see that well). Thanks for anything you can offer!

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Looking for 7 x tickets for 16 March vs. Canes. Looking for good deals. :yo:

Last edited:

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Staying in the Tampa area with my family and looking at going to tomorrow's game against the Islanders. Because its pretty last minute I was assuming we'd have to go through scalpels - how is that for Lightning games? Will we be looking at over or under face value? Also what are some attractions/parking tips around the arena? I'm with my parents and my girlfriend...

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If you had the choice what's better: Section 115 / 116 / 117 or Section 215 / 216 / 217?

I've been in section 214 for about 8 years now and I love it. I sit lined up with the blue line in the zone the Lightning attack twice. Can't go wrong with 215, 216 or 217 though. I've never had a seat in the 100's so I can't offer any opinion on those.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Probably a long shot but I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Devils game on Friday to try and get some friends into hockey. There is plenty of upper deck available right now so I might go with that option but if anyone can't go and needs to sell some tickets let me know!

SpencerUSF

Mar 14, 2013
Tampa, FL
If you had the choice what's better: Section 115 / 116 / 117 or Section 215 / 216 / 217?

I have been to 3 games this year and have sat in 303, 118 (row E), and 103 (row V). If you can get 100-level seats that are 15ish rows up, I think that's the best bet. It's far enough up that you can see all of the ice without needing to look at the jumbotron and far enough that you don't have to worry about the glass distorting what you see. I wasn't very satisfied with the view from 5 rows up because of that. However, it was cool to be that close to the players.

Unfortunately, I haven't sat in the 200-level yet, so I can't comment on those. That will change on 4/11 when I get to sit in the Channelside club for the Pens/Bolts game though :)

buzzerk

Mar 9, 2008
Waterloo
Coming in from Buffalo on 4/9. I would love great seats and good time. Kids ages 5-10. Any suggestions. Pre game and during game advice would be great. Cheers.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Free 2 Tix to tonight's game!

I can't go tonight found out at last minute. Anyone want my tix? I can email them to you.

Mods please leave open until someone takes them then you can lock it !

Hopefully find some lightning fans:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad