Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions *Read Post 289*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Tampa Bay Lightning 2010-2011 Ticket Buy/Sell Thread

RULES:

• Tickets must be bought/sold for personal use.
  • Tickets cannot be sold at more than face value plus shipping/handling or electronic transfer fee.
  • NO ticket agencies or scalpers.
  • HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
  • HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

SELLING:

• You must post your asking price. This is not an auction site.
  • Please post your seat location including section, row, and seat numbers for available tickets.
  • Please provide methods of payment accepted.
  • Please provide methods of "shipping" tickets. Conventional mail (USPS, FedEx, UPS) or through Ticketmaster email tickets program.

RULES:

• Please post what game you are looking to buy tickets for.
  • Please post what seats you would be interested in (Upper, Club, Lower).
  • Please post what you would be willing to pay for said seats.

Have fun!

MY TICKETS FOR SALE:

All of my tickets are from my personal season tickets unless otherwise noted. I accept Paypal as payment and can either email the tickets to you through Ticketmaster, mail the tickets (if bought with enough time), or I can leave them at will call at the forum if they are bought early enough to where I can leave them there the game before. The facevalue on my tickets is $42.75 each for reference.

Row: T
Seats: 21, 24*
Notes: My seats are center ice on the bench side of the forum. They are the very last row in the stadium and have a perfect view IMO of everything going on on the ice. You can see plays develop and you wont miss anything from here. You also get a great view of the atmosphere. They are almost directly in front of the stairs as well so you will have only one or two people in front of you at most and no one behind you kicking the seats or spilling beer on you. ;)

One last thing to note is the *. My tickets are not sequential because I bought one with friends originally and added a second one later on. The tickets I sell will be for seats 21 and 24 HOWEVER, my friends attending the game will simply move down a seat and you will actually be sitting in seats 21 and 22. Yes I know I should have gotten the rep to fix it this year but I forgot with other things going on. There are zero problems with this as myself and my friends have done it this way for the past 3 years.

Onto the tickets....

Game: Thursday October 21 New York Islanders 7:00PM
Price: $50 for the pair(OBO)

Game: Sunday October 24 Nashville Predators 6:00PM
Price: $50 for the pair(OBO)

Game: Tuesday November 9 Toronto Maple Leafs 7:30PM
Price: SOLD!!

Ill be adding more as we my plans become clearer. Im undecided about a few games in October.

Last edited:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I was wondering if it was against the rules to have a thread dedicated to buying and selling tickets in this forum?

I have seen something similar on other teams boards and was wondering why we dont use something of that nature.

Im a season ticket holder and I know I wont be able to make it to quite a few games so Id love to be able to offer my tickets to fellow lightning fans.

Montreal forum does it, don't see why we can't.

Besides, most of us know each other here. If someone ****s someone else, we'll break your legs.

vinnythe deuce

Jan 12, 2009
Tampa Boy
Definitely like this idea. The Buffalo thread also used to have a ticket thread. Does anyone know if they officially have gotten rid of student tickets. Man was it sweet paying $20 per ticket to seat eight rows off center ice. :bolts

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
I was wondering if it was against the rules to have a thread dedicated to buying and selling tickets in this forum?

I have seen something similar on other teams boards and was wondering why we dont use something of that nature.

Im a season ticket holder and I know I wont be able to make it to quite a few games so Id love to be able to offer my tickets to fellow lightning fans.

There aren't rules against it, but there are a few rules.

Tickets must be bought/sold for personal use and not sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges. NO ticket agencies or scalpers.

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
There aren't rules against it, but there are a few rules.

Tickets must be bought/sold for personal use and not sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges. NO ticket agencies or scalpers.

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Wow thanks for the sticky. Agree with all of the above. If someone wants more than face value there are plenty of other options for them (stubhub, CL, ebay etc).

Now that this is the sticky I guess Ill edit my OP to say what you just said here as well as now I can put my tickets in there as well.

EDIT: Ok updated OP. Hows that look?

Last edited:

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Looks great. I'm sure I'll use this when my brother wants to go to a game and needs cheap tickets.

Though under the first list, I'd rewrite the following item (my change in bold):

Tickets cannot be sold at more than face value plus shipping/handling or electronic transfer fee.

Figure it's broader but still to the point, and also covers Ticketmaster fees if you e-mail the tickets securely through their site.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Looks great. I'm sure I'll use this when my brother wants to go to a game and needs cheap tickets.

Though under the first list, I'd rewrite the following item (my change in bold):

Tickets cannot be sold at more than face value plus shipping/handling or electronic transfer fee.

Figure it's broader but still to the point, and also covers Ticketmaster fees if you e-mail the tickets securely through their site.

Good point. I just copy and pasted those first general rules from Kristia's post.

Changed.

greyshep

Oct 13, 2010
Lightning ticket buying advice?

Hey guys,

My family is travelling to Orlando on Oct. 23rd and it looks like I have convinced the wife to make a road trip to Tampa to catch a hockey game while we are there. :thumbu:

I am looking for advice on where the best place is to get a good deal on tickets to a Lightning game. I have heard that tickets are fairly affordable.

I have looked online but I keep finding ticket agencies that like to tack on huge service fees and want to ship them rather than me picking them up.

Any advice from the locals would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
Call the box office. There's probably good seats and deals right from them.

813-301-6600.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Depending on what you are looking for seat wise, and which game you are wanting to attend, I might have a pair. PM me your details.

greyshep

Oct 13, 2010
Thanks for the advice so far guys.

-Stubhub looks a little bit better than some of the places I have come across online. At least they offer email ticket delivery on a few of the ones they sell.

-Wouldnt calling the box office be essentially the same as buying through ticketmaster?

IdealisticSniper-I am likely looking for 4 seats since its my family that will go together. So unfortunately 2 tickets wont be enough.

Is there any tampa retailers that partner up with the lightning to sell game tickets at their locations? For example, in Calgary, Canada you can buy slightly discounted tickets at a sporting goods retailer and also at a grocery store.

Thanks!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Thanks for the advice so far guys.

-Stubhub looks a little bit better than some of the places I have come across online. At least they offer email ticket delivery on a few of the ones they sell.

-Wouldnt calling the box office be essentially the same as buying through ticketmaster?

IdealisticSniper-I am likely looking for 4 seats since its my family that will go together. So unfortunately 2 tickets wont be enough.

Is there any tampa retailers that partner up with the lightning to sell game tickets at their locations? For example, in Calgary, Canada you can buy slightly discounted tickets at a sporting goods retailer and also at a grocery store.

Thanks!

I'm under the impression that SPTF is tied in heavily with Ticketmaster.

http://iac.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=512

So what your options really are, if you don't want to give Ticketmaster money, is to buy tickets that are basically being dumped by another fan. What StubHub does is it acts like a clearing house, taking in 25% of the money involved in the deal.

What are your plans while down here? Orlando and Tampa are asspainingly far apart. Which is something a lot of visitors don't initially realize. For a 7:30 game, I usually leave around 4:15, and don't get home until midnight, though I live 30 min north of O-town to begin with, but I'm also absolutely sure which route to take...

At any rate, I surrender a huge chunk of my day, and frequently into the next one, as I then tend to oversleep. Something you should be prepared for.

Last edited:

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
The box office doesn;t charge service fees if you CALL them. You get hit with ticketmaster extortions when you buy online at the box office.

Unless they've changed their policies. I'd call them. You have nothing to lose.

Off Center

Jun 9, 2009
if you object to ticketmaster ethically, you should really hate stubhub.

a) they are owned by ticketmaster
b) stubhub charges the seller 15% and the buyer 10%. that's right, they take home a quarter of what the ticket sells for
c) for some sports, such as MLB, stubhub is actually brokering its own tickets, which can be allocated for sale on stubhub before any living breathing fan has had a chance to purchase them

that being said, it is the safest way to not buy the tickets direct, and you will find tickets for well below face value for events which aren't sold out, but don't be shocked when you get jobbed for fees on top of what you thought you were paying.

basically, ticketmaster, stubhub, and the pro leagues have nice little backdoor monopoly that allows them to bypass face value restrictions for premiere sold out events.

if you are feeling bold and especially if you will be at a weeknight game, the scalpers are out and they're usually offering good value

greyshep

Oct 13, 2010
I'm under the impression that SPTF is tied in heavily with Ticketmaster.

http://iac.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=512

So what your options really are, if you don't want to give Ticketmaster money, is to buy tickets that are basically being dumped by another fan. What StubHub does is it acts like a clearing house, taking in 25% of the money involved in the deal.

What are your plans while down here? Orlando and Tampa are asspainingly far apart. Which is something a lot of visitors don't initially realize. For a 7:30 game, I usually leave around 4:15, and don't get home until midnight, though I live 30 min north of O-town to begin with, but I'm also absolutely sure which route to take...

At any rate, I surrender a huge chunk of my day, and frequently into the next one, as I then tend to oversleep. Something you should be prepared for.

Well we are doing the typical Disney vacation with the kids. The trip to Tampa is one of our free days where I get a break from the amusement parks. Hoping to check out some beaches earlier in the day and then cap it off with a hockey game that night. Its one of the things I have been looking forward to for this trip!

I understand its a bit of a trek, but its closer than driving to Miami to catch a Panthers game. Not to mention they are pretty terrible IMO.

Hoping the kids will sleep our way back to Orlando that night, but if not I am ready to pay the consequences the next day. :)

So it sounds like there is no local sponsors that offer tickets or my best bet is going to be looking for a fan that is trying to unload tickets for that game.

Any idea what the season ticket holder base is in Tampa these days??

greyshep

Oct 13, 2010

b) stubhub charges the seller 15% and the buyer 10%. that's right, they take home a quarter of what the ticket sells for
c) for some sports, such as MLB, stubhub is actually brokering its own tickets, which can be allocated for sale on stubhub before any living breathing fan has had a chance to purchase them

that being said, it is the safest way to not buy the tickets direct, and you will find tickets for well below face value for events which aren't sold out, but don't be shocked when you get jobbed for fees on top of what you thought you were paying.

basically, ticketmaster, stubhub, and the pro leagues have nice little backdoor monopoly that allows them to bypass face value restrictions for premiere sold out events.

if you are feeling bold and especially if you will be at a weeknight game, the scalpers are out and they're usually offering good value

Yeah thats quite the con job. Especially for events that are sold out/high demand.

I may end up trying the "scalper" route, but technically if they are selling below face its not actually scalping. :)

I am looking at the game on the 27th vs. Pittsburgh. Does Crosby and the Pens end up drawing better than other teams? It is a wednesday night though so hopefully that works in my favor.

I am making the migration to the building where my teams hopes were dashed in '04. :(

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Yeah thats quite the con job. Especially for events that are sold out/high demand.

I may end up trying the "scalper" route, but technically if they are selling below face its not actually scalping. :)

I am looking at the game on the 27th vs. Pittsburgh. Does Crosby and the Pens end up drawing better than other teams? It is a wednesday night though so hopefully that works in my favor.

I am making the migration to the building where my teams hopes were dashed in '04. :(

Scalping tickets is 100% legal in FL. Just cant make the transaction on the Forum side of the road. ;)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

StubHub is owned by eBay. http://investor.ebay.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=225333

Although Ticketmaster does own several similar, competing companies.

None of this is new.

It's also generally the buildings that work out deals, and not the teams. That's a large reason why a team that owns it's own building is so much better off. There's not only no lease, but the money they're making from selling the tickets to brokers early (in bulk) hedges against them losing money on unsold tickets later.

I haven't bought from StubHub before, but I was under the impression that the ticket price listed was all inclusive, unlike how Ticketmaster bends you over with another x% in charges above face value.

The Pens game will likely be sold out.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
Yeah you wont find any ticket sellers on the Forum property. They are not allowed to sell there. Right across the street however..... :nod:

Yup. Right along all the $5 grass lot parking there's a always atleast 10+ scalpers that I atleast see every game I go to. And I'm sure there's even more that I don't see.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
hey maybe someone can help me out here, im gonna be in FL next week and i'm hopin to go see them play the wild on the 14th but we aren't %100 sure we will be in tampa on that date so don't wanna pre buy em, so my question is will we have trouble getting tickets or do games usually sell out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->