Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions *Read Post 289*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankhunter

Sep 22, 2008
Hi,
Does anyone know when Round 3 tickets will go on sale? Is there are season ticket holder presale code? We may be travelling down to Tampa Bay from Ottawa. I would appreciate any help in the best way to get tickets without having to pay scalper rates.

Thanks in advance

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Hi,
Does anyone know when Round 3 tickets will go on sale? Is there are season ticket holder presale code? We may be travelling down to Tampa Bay from Ottawa. I would appreciate any help in the best way to get tickets without having to pay scalper rates.

Thanks in advance

They wont be put on sale until the schedule is announced, which might not be until mid next week.

On top of that they will be extremely limited and Im sure will sell out within an hour or so. This past round sold out in like 3 hours basically, sans a few $200 seats scattered about.

Your best bet will be Stubhub and youll probably pay a premium there, but I highly doubt youll be able to grab them when they go on sale.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
They wont be put on sale until the schedule is announced, which might not be until mid next week.

On top of that they will be extremely limited and Im sure will sell out within an hour or so. This past round sold out in like 3 hours basically, sans a few $200 seats scattered about.

Your best bet will be Stubhub and youll probably pay a premium there, but I highly doubt youll be able to grab them when they go on sale.

Keep your eyes peeled on Stubhub, however, because while tickets for the second round were initially ridiculously high, they did drop in price prior to Game 3 and I got decent seats at a very respectable price. (The tickets did rise, however, before Game 4 when a chance for a sweep became apparent.)

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Keep your eyes peeled on Stubhub, however, because while tickets for the second round were initially ridiculously high, they did drop in price prior to Game 3 and I got decent seats at a very respectable price. (The tickets did rise, however, before Game 4 when a chance for a sweep became apparent.)

Yep average price for tickets in my section were around $100 a pop. Its very very very hard not to put up my two tickets for a single game and almost have one of my season tickets paid off for next year :laugh:

The thought of me missing playoff hockey is unbearable though.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Yep average price for tickets in my section were around $100 a pop. Its very very very hard not to put up my two tickets for a single game and almost have one of my season tickets paid off for next year :laugh:

The thought of me missing playoff hockey is unbearable though.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be having the same thoughts. The exact same thoughts. Still, I just don't get why people are that stupid to pay that much for a ticket sometimes.

To expand on my prior comment, tickets for Game 3 of the ECSF started out $65+ for the cheapest seats (StubHub fees not included.) I ended up snaring two tickets 90 minutes before face-off at $55 total, including all fees. The seats were in the upper deck, and really didn't cost that much more than the actual face value, and there were many seats available at such cheap prices. Granted, the low price could have been the whole "It's close to face off, let's try to get anything out of them," and maybe weekday games did no favors, but I also think some of it was the fact so many tickets were priced so ridiculously high that nobody was buying.

Right now, ECF Game 3 tickets on StubHub start at $57 -- which is already down from $67 just a couple of days ago, right after the sweep of the Caps was completed. The Game 4 tickets are down slightly, too. One round further, and you're looking at $194 minimum for any home game in the SCF; $280 minimum will land you seats to Game 7 of the SCF in Tampa -- which only happens if it's Nashville-Tampa Bay, and given Nashville is down 3-1 to Vancouver... yeaaahhhh...

Also, I do not recommend anyone going to TicketMaster's TicketExchange. If you think StubHub is price gouging, TMTE is grand larceny.

Classified

Mar 30, 2009
Nova Scotia
So the ticketmaster site has the event listed but no info on when the tickets will go on sale, I guess they wait for the other series to be over and the schedule to be released before they put them on sale?

hankhunter

Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for all the responses guys. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for when the tickets go on sale. I guess they don't offer season ticket holders advance ticket purchase opportunities like they do here in Ottawa?

I noticed that Boston is already selling tickets for their home part of the series. There just wasn't much left and it was a lot more expensive than Tampa tickets are expected to be.

Thanks

hankhunter

Sep 22, 2008
I just saw on the TBL web site that tickets to the ECF will go on sale to the general public on Friday with advance sales to season ticket holders on Wednesday. Can anyone help me get access to advance ticket sales?

Thanks

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Well Im not 100% sure I can get off of work for Game 4, Sat the 21st at 1:30.

Having said that Ill put my two tickets up for sale ( My buddy might be selling his as well so I can get up to 4 tickets if needed).

Im going to ask for a lot, If I dont get it, then no big deal. So no "Oh my god that much" type responses please. I have seen whats left, looking at the presale stuff, its very slim pickings that will be released to the public and most of them are single seats placed all over. This price isnt much higher than ticketmaster face value after fees etc. And is about on par with Stubhub prices.

So...

2 Tickets
Section 301 (Center Ice)
Row T (Last row in the building, in front of stairs, great view to see everything and no one kicking you from behind and no one blocking your view in front)

Currently Im looking for $260 for the PAIR.

If interested in 4 tickets, I can do 4 tickets for $500 TOTAL.

PM me if youre interested. This isnt high priority for me to sell these, as I might end up going still. Thanks for looking.

CapeBretonHab

Apr 12, 2010
Cape Breton
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be in Florida next week and have purchased four tickets to Game 3 in Tampa.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where exactly Section CLB4 is. I have second row seats in that section, is that any good?

Thanks, and go Lightning!

Puckschmuck*

Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I'm planning on coming down for a Jets/Panthers game in February and I'm wondering what it's like getting tickets. Would I have to book early online? Are there plenty enough that I can just get them as walkups? Are there websites that offer discounts for tix to games? And of course, I'm interested in checking out Tampa Bay, so would wand to know what the city has to offer in terms of nightlife, shopping, parks/recreation, beaches, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Puckschmuck*

Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I'm planning on coming down for a Jets/Panthers game in February and I'm wondering what it's like getting tickets. Would I have to book early online? Are there plenty enough that I can just get them as walkups? Are there websites that offer discounts for tix to games? And of course, I'm interested in checking out Tampa Bay, so would wand to know what the city has to offer in terms of nightlife, shopping, parks/recreation, beaches, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

And by Panthers, I mean Lightening. Oops! :blush: I can't seem to edit my posts at the moment, sorry!

puckguy11

This Space for Rent
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in MN
A buddy and I are considering making the trip from Orlando to see Pens/Lightning November 17th. Is there a way to find out single ticket prices from last year so we have a ballpark as to what it'll cost us?

May 22, 2008
East Coast
I'm thinking about catching one of the Bolts' Saturday home games at the end of March, and I wanted to know what the weather is typically like at that time of year. I was thinking about making it a long weekend so that I could go to the game and then have a day or two at the beach, but obviously not if it's going to be too cold.

and is it easy to get from Clearwater to Tampa? Is there cab service, or would I be better off renting a car?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I'm thinking about catching one of the Bolts' Saturday home games at the end of March, and I wanted to know what the weather is typically like at that time of year. I was thinking about making it a long weekend so that I could go to the game and then have a day or two at the beach, but obviously not if it's going to be too cold.

and is it easy to get from Clearwater to Tampa? Is there cab service, or would I be better off renting a car?

Rent a car. A cab ride from Clearwater to Tampa and back again would be outrageous and there is no such thing as mass transit. At least not as it's understood in other places.

And it shouldn't be too cold to hit the beach at the end of March. Water is too cold for much swimming, but should be fairly comfortable on the beach and walking around Clearwater. Can get a bit breezy and might be chilly at night.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Rent a car. A cab ride from Clearwater to Tampa and back again would be outrageous and there is no such thing as mass transit. At least not as it's understood in other places.

And it shouldn't be too cold to hit the beach at the end of March. Water is too cold for much swimming, but should be fairly comfortable on the beach and walking around Clearwater. Can get a bit breezy and might be chilly at night.

That's very subjective, based on where the poster is from. It's no thing for northerners to be swimming in the ocean in January.

Absolutely rent a car though.

njdevsrule23

Jul 21, 2007
Season Ticket Presale

Hey guys, I'm taking a trip to Flordia to see your arena, can I please have the presale password that started today at 9am. Thanks!

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Just got my season tickets today!

It was so awesome when I opened the box. I don't want to spoil it for those who didn't get theirs yet!

Anyway wanted to state I won't be able to go to all of the games since I live in Orlando so I will have a lot of tickets available for those who want them.

Days I can't go very often include: Thursday-Sunday.

So if you guys ever need 1-3 extra tickets let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. Either PM me or send me an email at: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino