Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions *Read Post 289*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
hey maybe someone can help me out here, im gonna be in FL next week and i'm hopin to go see them play the wild on the 14th but we aren't %100 sure we will be in tampa on that date so don't wanna pre buy em, so my question is will we have trouble getting tickets or do games usually sell out??

You'll be fine. People are broke right now.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
alright thanks! im super excited its kinda sad i've been watching hockey since i was like 10 and i've never even been to an actual game :blush:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
alright thanks! im super excited its kinda sad i've been watching hockey since i was like 10 and i've never even been to an actual game :blush:

If you want a place to grab a beer before hand, a few blocks over you'll find a place called "Hat Tricks". Great food, great environment. If you go post game, you can usually run into some players or coaches.

Enjoy your stay!

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
We too will be in the Tampa area and are looking for 4 tickets, with 2 of them being for 8 and 6 year old girls. Due to not being 100% sure of which game in advance, we have held off buying them in advance. The game I think we are most interested in is Dec 28th vs Boston. We will have internet access in the days leading up to then but will not have access to a printer, so any kind of e-tickets are not an option.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the players that I have seen here in Ontario in years past and would love to be able to pull this off. Not looking for nosebleeds, but also cannot afford top seats due to a week at Disney. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will will be staying in Madeira Beach at a condo.

BruinsCupNow

Mar 9, 2002
Toronto.
Visit site
Hi....looking for 4 tickets to 12/30 vs. Habs...AND 7 together (i know...never gonna happen) for 12/28 vs. Boston.

Here's my question to you good fans of Tampa. If I were to take my chances and go scalper route, am I likely to get tix for over, or under, face value? And where's the best stretch of road to look for those kind of sellers?

Thanks....

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hi....looking for 4 tickets to 12/30 vs. Habs...AND 7 together (i know...never gonna happen) for 12/28 vs. Boston.

Here's my question to you good fans of Tampa. If I were to take my chances and go scalper route, am I likely to get tix for over, or under, face value? And where's the best stretch of road to look for those kind of sellers?

Thanks....

Those games (especially the Montreal one) have the probability of being packed. Which would make those tickets all the more scarce (and hypothetically expensive)

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
Heading down to Florida in january. We will be staying in Orlando and driving down to Tampa for the january 23rd game vs Atlanta.

Looking for 3 tickets for myself and 2 kids under 3. Box office it is?? We'd like to buy our tickets in advance just to make sure, but figure a Sunday afternoon game vs Atlanta won't be a big draw.

Are there any promotions locally as far as buying tickets cheap (ie. local supermarkets, etc??) Didn't you guys have a vodka promotion at some point a cpl years back?

Also, any tips on parking??

Cheers and looking forward to visiting the arena and what should be a good game!!

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Those games (especially the Montreal one) have the probability of being packed. Which would make those tickets all the more scarce (and hypothetically expensive)

If the Lightning keep playing the way they have been (or better which is definitely possible), I would bet that any tickets for games after the new year will be much harder to come by and more expensive and possibly even with their face value or maybe even above for some games.

The crowds are coming back and if the Lightning can sustain this and possibly take over first by the new year, I have a feeling we will be back to selling out just in time for our huge Feb home schedule.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
We too will be in the Tampa area and are looking for 4 tickets, with 2 of them being for 8 and 6 year old girls. Due to not being 100% sure of which game in advance, we have held off buying them in advance. The game I think we are most interested in is Dec 28th vs Boston. We will have internet access in the days leading up to then but will not have access to a printer, so any kind of e-tickets are not an option.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the players that I have seen here in Ontario in years past and would love to be able to pull this off. Not looking for nosebleeds, but also cannot afford top seats due to a week at Disney. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will will be staying in Madeira Beach at a condo.

Yeah I know, quoting myself is weird, but moving on....

We are now here in Madeira Beach and bought tickets for the 28th game vs Boston. I now need to know what to do about parking. We will be spending the day at Busch Gardens and will head to the game from there, then heading back to Madeira from the game. The girl on the phone mentioned a wide range of parking pricing and I am wondering what is the best way to do this? Is there some kind of shuttle service or streecar service north or west(I guess) of the Forum that would be better for price and ability to avoid traffic? I will have 2 small kids with me, so I have to keep that in mind too. There is also the nugget of it being our first time in the area of the Forum, so we will be very unfamiliar with that area. Yeah we have a GPS, but you should have seen the route it took us on last year going to Busch Gardens...

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
Traffic isn't that bad around the Forum before/after the game. You have plenty of options with parking. If you're dragging little children with you, then spend the $12 and park in the garage immediately west of the Forum. Leaving that garage will have you headed north right back towards the interstate, or you can jump on the Crosstown/Selmon Expressway to get back to Pinellas. There are cheaper places to park, but you'll be walking a few blocks and after a few hours of a hockey game, the kids may not be too cooperative. :D

If your GPS doesn't take you to I-275 north to Scott/Ashley exit or to Gandy Blvd to Bayshore/Selmon Expressway, throw it in the trash. You can never tell what traffic will be like on the bridges at that time. It may be lighter with the Holidays and some people of work and schools closed. One accident though and it'll be screwed up.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

BruinsCupNow

Mar 9, 2002
Toronto.
Visit site
Just wanted to offer kudos to the lightning and their fans....

I went to the bruins game on the 28th. Found cheap parking up morgan street for 5 bucks, had a fun pre-game meal at Gilligan's.....then enjoyed everything at the arena - good sightlines from second 330....good atmosphere, and fans who were tolerant of me cheering for the visitors.

So, thanks Tampa - hope to see you next year!

--BCN

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
Heading down to Florida in january. We will be staying in Orlando and driving down to Tampa for the january 23rd game vs Atlanta.

Looking for 3 tickets for myself and 2 kids under 3. Box office it is?? We'd like to buy our tickets in advance just to make sure, but figure a Sunday afternoon game vs Atlanta won't be a big draw.

Are there any promotions locally as far as buying tickets cheap (ie. local supermarkets, etc??) Didn't you guys have a vodka promotion at some point a cpl years back?

Also, any tips on parking??

Cheers and looking forward to visiting the arena and what should be a good game!!

While I didn't get an answer directly, read this post over and got some of the answers including parking but still don't know where to get tickets, unless box office it is for the January 23rd game vs the Thrashers? Box office is about $35 a ticket. I'm assuming my 1 year old can get in free. Ebay looks good - any problems with purchasing from ebay? What about tampaticketzone.com?

It is a 5 pm game, and we're planning on driving in from Orlando earlier in the day and get some shopping in. We're estimating 1.5 hours driving back and forth - is that ok?

Cheers everyone - looking forward to it!

Last edited:

brieresbiggestfan

Jun 24, 2007
Can anyone tell me which section would be behind the opposing team's bench and if it is possible to get tickets in that section?

BGstingfan

Nov 15, 2009
Looking for 2 tickets to the Feb-19th game vs. the Panthers. Hoping to be within 5 rows of the ice and preferably in the end where Tampa shoots twice.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
Hey, I'm planning on visiting Tampa towards the end of April beginning of May... just wondering how hard you think it'd be to snag playoff tickets, if/when Tampa's still playing at that time. My frame of reference is Vancouver, where playoff tickets are nearly impossible to get hold of unless you know somebody. Any info would be much appreciated!

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Hey, I'm planning on visiting Tampa towards the end of April beginning of May... just wondering how hard you think it'd be to snag playoff tickets, if/when Tampa's still playing at that time. My frame of reference is Vancouver, where playoff tickets are nearly impossible to get hold of unless you know somebody. Any info would be much appreciated!

Honestly for playoff tickets, knowing the area they will probably be sold out within a day, two at the most, of going on sale to the public. Not to say you couldnt get some second hand from stubhub or something like that.

Although your time frame indicates it would probably be the second round of the playoffs... soooo yeah heh.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Didn't really know where to post this, but what exactly are these replica Stamkos jerseys they're giving out tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino