Thoughts on your teams 1st round pick(s)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I'm ok with the Leaf picks.

Brian Burke is continuing to build a core of character and toughness.

I'm just happy that the Leafs are finally making picks and not trading them away.
If they were going to take Biggs, they should've keep their 30th and 39th pick. I'm sure he would be still avalaible at 25th, and they could've take two players of the same caliber with the 30th and 39th pick (Knowing that players from 20-40 could go in any order imo)

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'm so incredibly pumped the Bruins were able to get Hamilton at NINE. Thinking about him and Chara as possible first pairing is tremendous.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If they were going to take Biggs, they should've keep their 30th and 39th pick. I'm sure he would be still avalaible at 25th, and they could've take two players of the same caliber with the 30th and 39th pick (Knowing that players from 20-40 could go in any order imo)

Burke must have known or thought someone was going to take him before the 25th pick. I think he overpaid a bit but in the end he got the guy that he was going for, Biggs is a very tough player with leadership and skill. If he makes the Leafs harder to play against, this was a great pick by Burke in a draft like this.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada

He had been talking to Pittsburgh and it's possible they may have been leaning towards Biggs. Or even Detroit who immediately traded down after the selection.

I like Biggs but ughhhhh I really wanted Puempel. Wish we could have had both... and Percy (damn I am greedy). :laugh:

SensFan2010

May 26, 2010
I'm pretty satisfied with Ottawa's picks. Puempel pick is my favorite, but I also like the other two picks and I'm very confident Sens scouting staff made the right choices.

Analyzer*

Montréal could be on the winning end of a "faller"

I say that because people expected him to go higher, but some had him around, or later than our pick.

I wanted Siemens, or Armia, though.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
He had been talking to Pittsburgh and it's possible they may have been leaning towards Biggs. Or even Detroit who immediately traded down after the selection.

I like Biggs but ughhhhh I really wanted Puempel. Wish we could have had both... and Percy (damn I am greedy). :laugh:

That makes sense. I think Burke felt Biggs might have a better chance of making it to the NHL ...

Afro Thunder*

Already love the picks that the Sens made.

Can't wait for Day 2.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I'm thrilled with the Nathan Beaulieu pick. Couldn't believe that he would still be available after the top 10, even more at our spot. Otherwise, excellent pick for the Flyers with Sean Couturier; my favorite player of the draft slipped a little, but got drafted to an excellent team that is in a complete overhaul.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Lando was a player I'm fine with. I would have preferred Larsson

Siemens is a good pick but with Murphy on the board I was pretty ticked especially after losing Liles today.

Overall Landeskog was a B and Siemens was a C making it a B-/C+

vuvuzela

Jul 6, 2010
1. GNP
2. Lambersdog
3. Homerdough
fyitjp.jpg

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I was pretty upset that Buffalo took Armia.

If only he slipped one more spot then we could have grabbed him. It would have been nice to see #11 on a Finnish player again.

Ogopogo*

Well, I wouldn't ever accuse Burke of being intelligent. Loudmouth? Yes. Smart? Well....

Gave away Bryzgalov for nothing on waivers
Traded Tyler Seguin and Doug Hamilton to get Phil Kessel
Lost Penner because he signed Bertuzzi

The man's no rocket surgeon....

Falcons93

Nov 30, 2008
To be honest, Im kinda disappointed that Burke passed on Puempel to draft Biggs. Puempel seems like top 6 scoring talent while Biggs seems to top out as a very physical 3rd liner.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I think Biggs over Puempel was a bad decision on Burke's part,

This. Puempel is going to be a better player than Biggs in my opinion. I really wanted the Leafs to take him - good pick for the Sens.

Falcons93

Nov 30, 2008
Well, I wouldn't ever accuse Burke of being intelligent. Loudmouth? Yes. Smart? Well....

Gave away Bryzgalov for nothing on waivers
Traded Tyler Seguin and Doug Hamilton to get Phil Kessel
Lost Penner because he signed Bertuzzi

The man's no rocket surgeon....

As of right now, Seguin and Hamilton haven't really done much. Kessel has scored 30+ goals for the past two seasons. It's not as bad of a trade as people are making it out to be. Sure, Seguin and Hamilton both have the potential to be stars (Seguin probably will be for sure), but right now they've accomplished little or nothing at the NHL level as individuals.

DeVries*

Happy with Beaulieu, I was thinking of him as a top 10. But when I saw Armia slipping, I wanted him pretty bad until the Sabres took him. Anyway, Beaulieu could be a stud, and if he and Tinordi can come to the NHL some day, we should be thrilled in Montreal with a Subban-Tinordi-Beaulieu trio.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Ecstatic about seeing Couturier in the Black and Orange with Brayden Schenn and the rest of the guys we got + Giroux Van Riemsdyk.

Loso

Mar 21, 2010
Really like the Biggs pick, but he could have been had at 25 most likely instead of having to give up a nice 2nd rounder especially considering the talent that is left.

I'm not a fan of the Percy pick, massive reach. I would have taken Jenner, Jensen, Grimaldi, Jurco, Namestnikov, Khoklachev and Phillips ahead of him. :facepalm: I get that he's a solid player but not a fan of reaches like that especially when this team needs forwards and high upside, both of which were available at 25.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Still stunned we got Larsson.

Were you guys really that suprised to get Larsson? I mean, EDM wasn't taking him, Colorado was expected to take a forward, Florida sure as hell did not need a defenseman. I think it was pretty obvious he was going there..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad