Thoughts on your teams 1st round pick(s)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Lando was a player I'm fine with. I would have preferred Larsson

Siemens is a good pick but with Murphy on the board I was pretty ticked especially after losing Liles today.

Overall Landeskog was a B and Siemens was a C making it a B-/C+

You need to watch more of Barrie and Elliott.

I'm sorta "meh" on the Hawks' picks.

You shouldn't be 'meh' on McNeill. Can't believe he was still there. And oh yeah, he's a Hawks fan.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As a Canucks fan, i liked the Jensen pick. Not 'happy-dance' sort of excitement level, but very content. About as good as i realistically could've hoped for.

As for my secondary team in the East, the Sens...really dissatisfied. Like that Murray moved up to make a 3rd 1st round pick...but i feel like there were probably better options on the board at all 3 picks, though Puempel was pretty alright at that point. Noeson wasn't the worst pick i guess, but certainly not what i would've been after.

Zibanejad over Couturier had me screaming at the TV tho... :(

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I don't really like the boom or bust swing for the fences pick the nucks made in Jensen, I would have preferred a safer pick.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Jensen fell from around 20, so I'm pretty staisfied.

I mean, we got a pretty good prospect for the 29th overall pick. I can't really say anything until Jensen develops

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I like that we got safe guys that still do have good upside(but not likely to reach them) and are both leafs fans... I honestly don't see anybody effin' with a third line of biggs-whatever-ross. I trust our scouts, so i'm not worrying that we didn't pick the "high upside forward" we all wanted in puempel, grimaldi, etc.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Surprised to see Jensen fall from early 20s.

IMO I think the Rangers failed taking JT Miller over McNeill. Miller is a fantastic player, but should have went around 18-25.

Gibbs18

Apr 28, 2011
Elmer, NJ
Im so happy with Couturier falling at #8. I think it was a steal and to see him with Schenn, Voracek, JVR, and Giroux. Watch out!! Only problem I have was NJ picked Larsson, now we have to deal with him all the time, I really hoped Florida picked him to pair up with Gudbranson so we wouldnt see him as much.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Happy with RNH + Klefbom. Hopefully we snag Jenner/Jaskin/Musil tommorow.

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
Jensen: :nod:

Hamilton:

excitement.gif

Side note: I am very quickly becoming a fan of the Avalanche and love their picks. Also I'm a fan of Larsson no matter what team he went to

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Love the Penguins pick.

Morrow reminds me of a left-handed Letang, and he has the upside to reach that potential plus bring even more to his game.

I loved the pick, most Penguins fans wanted a winger however.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Love the Penguins pick.

Morrow reminds me of a left-handed Letang, and he has the upside to reach that potential plus bring even more to his game.

I loved the pick, most Penguins fans wanted a winger however.

Surprised you guys took a defender instead of a winger.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Biggs should be okay as a 'Lucic' type and that will be fine if Kadri, Colborne, Kessel, Grabovski, etc bring the offense and B Richards fills in the number one spot. Trading up to get him was a necessity I guess, since Detroit wanted him apparently...

Percy I'm not so sold on. Wasn't BPA, the defense position is fully stocked, seems like a safe pick when we could have been going for a home run.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm thrilled my Coyotes used a first round pick on a slow footed stick figure with a broken back that has played in about a dozen games total since middle school. Oh yeah, good thing he's a D, too.

Ugh.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Two more words: Dougie friggin' Hamilton to the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins! Thank you, Kessel! Thank you, Burkie. What a friggin' month!

....OK, that might be more than two words.

I approve this statement.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
I don't mind Landeskog but I think Larsson and Huberdeau will end up being better players.
Siemens was expected if we chose a forward at number 2 (which the avs did).

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm thrilled my Coyotes used a first round pick on a slow footed stick figure with a broken back that has played in about a dozen games total since middle school. Oh yeah, good thing he's a D, too.

Ugh.

haha. :laugh:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Wanted Murphy, got Hamilton. I think the Bruins made a foolish move.

I'm as big a Murphy fan you'll find and really hoped to get him at nine, but Hamilton is a better prospect in every way. He's so much more of a sure thing and arguably has a higher ceiling. Hamilton's six inches taller and one of the few players in the entire draft that could keep up with Murphy in a foot race.

With that said I'm obviously jacked about the pick, Hamilton's the fifth best prospect in the draft after the first four guys taken IMO, well I have him essentially equal with Couturier who the thought of him dropping to the Bruins had me very excited as well.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I thought the Ducks might try and hit a home run with Grimaldi at 30, and I was hoping for either Rocco, Saad, Jenner or Rackell. They ended up picking Rackell which is ok with me, except the Ducks have struggled with safe picks of late (L. McMillan, Mitera).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota's draft was outstanding;

We went from, who the hell is going to score goals to who is going to man our blueline?

In actuality, I think Brodin was a surprise pick but the more I read on him, the more I like him. Good skating, smart, intelligent player. The type you don't see too often on the scoreboard but the type that you win games with because they don't make mistakes and you can have them log a lot of minutes. I know it wasn't the sexy pick but I have a feeling he'll be talked about in a few years. He's also really, really young. 17 and is already logging minutes in the SEL? Can't complain.

As for Phillips, I'm not too familiar with him. He sounds similar to Sheppard but we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->